review-Cap n Jacks Downtown Disney

misshilda1

Mouseketeer
Let me just say save your time and your money by not going to cap n jacks. We had priority seating and almost starved waiting to get seated.Once inside they treated us as if we were vagrants looking us up and down very uneasily.We were dressed casual but appropriately. Once seated the service was horrible the view was awful and I couldn't get up from my seat to go to the restroom for the cramped seating areas.After all this we recieved a meal that was not fir to eat and I am a big seafood person eating it from various parts of the world. I would have been better off at a drive thru fish place. Then after all this I got to pay a bill exceeding $90 not including tax or tip to the same snooty woman who I saw on the way in. She did however manage a half way smile when I payed the bill in cash as if I just went up 10 points in her judgement. Other than this our entire experience at Disney was a 12 on a scale of 1-10. We will just chalk this up as experience and not make the same mistake again......
Last visit Oct 2-7 2006
Next visit Oct 1-7 2007

You poor thing! I am VERY picky so let me just say...I had the polar opposite of your visit! We got right in, where treated fabulously...our server was very funny and not a bit snooty,pissy, or snotty. Our fish was moist and tender and our steak was the best ever (we had the "surf and turf"). We have 4 kids (pretty well-mannered) and we were on the DDP so I expected to be treated like white-trash (we are not, but had read so much that we were waiting for it).
We didnt notice if it was cramped, maybe cozy. "Paying" was fine with the DDP our bill was over $200.00! Not one problem. That doesnt mean they DONT happen..they DO...Just not to us this time.

Thank you for the info maybe we can try it again. I'll have to think about it but we were seriously treated like that and the food was terrible.It's all in timing I guess I was reading alot of bad reviews about the Rainforest Cafe ar DTD that were bad but we had a wonderful experience there. I guess bad things happens to the best sometimes I just had a hard time dealing with it because of the snooty attitude of the front area staff. I guess I just picked the night when one of them had a bad day or something.But I am glad to hear this is not a usual practice of their's. Thank you

Nope. I can't agree with subsequent posters. It is a lousy place, with terrible service and poorly prepared food. :confused3

My experience was parallel to the OPs. I'd not bother going again. I've had a number of friends and family have at minimum, poorly prepared food there. The waitstaff need to be trained.

There are too many nice places to dine to bother with one that isn't consistently good.

over priority seating was at 6:30 and we didn't get seated until almost 8:30.....this is in reply to praying colonel's question

My mom and I had lunch there this past May and my son, D-I-L, and ex had dinner there last Sept and had excellent service with good food and a nice view next to the windows each time. My mom loved their clam chowder and ribs and both my son and my ex were offered lobster add on for their steaks which they loved. I loved their crab cakes and their shrimp pasta in lobster sauce. Sorry, you had a bad experience!

I had a bad experience there back in 2003 myself and vowed to not go back especially since there are so many great restaurants in WDW I still havent tried..

We had a bad experience there last year. We asked at the door if it was too late to order food. They said no so long as you get your food order in ASAP. So we took a seat at the bar and grabbed a couple menus. Then the bartender ignored us until it was too late to order food. When she finally came over, she said the kitchen is closed. She actually got into an argument with us. In all my experiences at WDW she was the nastiest, most evil person I've ever dealt with. Completely ruined our night. Then she ignored us again and wouldn't come over to settle up our bill. We almost left without paying, but, we're better than that. We were rushing to catch the boat back to POFQ and get to the food court before it closed.

We ate there once, December 2004 the weekend before Xmas. It was one of the few restaurants in DD that had any availability at all. Wait was about 45 minutes, not bad compared to other DD restaurants.

The service was OK, the food OK to barely .edible though honestly I can't recall what we all had. I do remember thinking it was a restaurant we needn't go back to given the multitude of great restaurants in WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter