Review and pictures of the Pirate Encounter excursion in Grand Cayman

triplefigs

<marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>
We did the 9:15am Pirate Encounter through DCL. It was really, really fun for all of us (me, DH, and our almost 9 triplets). They provided drinks on the ship (punch, Rum punch, sodas, water). For this excursion, we met at Rockin' D Bar at 9:15am and then headed to the tender at 10am. Once at the port, the DCL rep took us to this gathering area at the port. We then walked about 2 blocks to the ship.

Once we boarded, the Pirates introduced themselves and we set sail. Then they shot a canon at the Carnival ship and the Magic (warning- the cannon may bother kids scared of loud noises).

The pirates then gathered all the kids together and gave them the Pirate Oath. Then the kids had to swab the deck with cloths, toothbrushes, brushes. The pirates did throw a couple of buckets of water on the kids, and a couple of the kids didn't like it. The pirates were very good with those kids and reassured them.

Then they chose 1 adult and tied them to the mast. The pirate poured buckets of ice water on the "traitor". It was very funny.

We then sailed to a great spot off shore where we were allowed to either walk the plank (lower) and jump in the water or you could jump off the top of the ship. It was great fun! The water was crystal clear, so blue, and great. Everyone had to wear a life jacket. We swam for about 40 minutes.

We then sailed back and got off the ship around 12 noon. It was great fun, and I highly recommend it!

Thanks for posting this! :thumbsup2 I was just about to go to your meets thread and ask what those of you that did it thought. We are thinking about doing it for our Nov cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts