Reunion home rental for multi-family stay?

mla973

DIS Veteran
We are looking at a home rental for a multi-family stay in February. We are all familiar with Disney, but looking for more of our own space.

The Reunion Resort looks great. I have found an "official" rental company that offers renters the full list of amenities that owners receive. I am wondering more about the resort itself. I assume it's pretty spread out. Are there areas that are walkable? Are there onsite restaurants?

If you are familiar with it, what do you like? What do you not like? What's the distance to Disney Springs?

Thanks for any input!

You will love the Reunion/ champion Gate area. It is exit 58 and WDW is exit 62.
Lots of restaurants, shopping and grocery stores.
----------- BUT. -----------

Traffic is unbelievable, UNBELIEVEABLE.
It may take you 30 minutes to go those 4 miles. They are trying to improve it .

You can beat the price for how close you Will be to WDW.

Reunion is a nice but sprawling resort so you will need a car to go everywhere. It can be a bit confusing to navigate around there, but GPS will help.

While not far in distance to Disney Springs, there is a lot of traffic on the way there. From the time you leave to the time you get out of your car in the parking garage it can take an hour.

Now, it may not always take that long, but it can.

There are grocery stores and some fast food and restaurants nearby, so you don't need to go too far for all that. You will have to drive, however.

Driving to Disney daily could get a bit tedious. If you live in LA or Atlanta it may not be a big deal. If you are expecting a 10-minute drive, not so much.

Reunion is a nice but sprawling resort so you will need a car to go everywhere. It can be a bit confusing to navigate around there, but GPS will help.

While not far in distance to Disney Springs, there is a lot of traffic on the way there. From the time you leave to the time you get out of your car in the parking garage it can take an hour.

Now, it may not always take that long, but it can.

There are grocery stores and some fast food and restaurants nearby, so you don't need to go too far for all that, but you will have to drive.

Driving to Disney daily could get a bit tedious. If you live in LA or Atlanta it may not be a big deal. If you are expecting a 10-minute drive, not so much.

Do you think going in via Western Way be better?
I've stayed there twice and usually just follow the GPS, which usually takes Old
Lake Wilson road instead of I-4. Both times we stayed there we were only going to Disney Springs and once to MK and it didn't take us that way. It might if going to Animal Kingdom. It might take about the same time but with less traffic stress to go that way.

Thank you for the info. We are not necessarily planning on going to the parks, but definitely Disney Springs.

Are there any on-site restaurants for lunch or dinner? Are golf cart rentals an option for getting around?

Thank you for the info. We are not necessarily planning on going to the parks, but definitely Disney Springs.

Are there any on-site restaurants for lunch or dinner? Are golf cart rentals an option for getting around?
There are a few restaurants there. And they do rent golf carts. I have not tried the onsite restaurants.

https://www.reunionresort.com/resort has info.

If renting a house, be aware that there may be extra charges for using some of the Reunion Resort amenities, like the water park. Just be sure to know what amenities are included.

Also, the house you rent could be 2 miles away from the water park. It is just spread out among the golf courses.

When we stayed there we got food at Publix, Aldi and Wawa nearby and went out to eat the Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter