Returning to WDW with a total newbie. Only have one day in parks. Strategy discussion.

Klayfish

DIS Veteran
Good morning all!!! Nice to "see" you again, long time no talk as I've been away from the boards for quite some time. A lot has happened in my life since I last used to post here regularly. Most notably I got divorced a long time ago and have since remarried. The reason I mention that is my new wife has basically never been to WDW (she was there as a little child, and has no memories of it). My DD has a tournament in the Tampa area this coming weekend, so we're going to head down early and spend a few days in/around WDW. Our first day we won't arrive until 3pm, so we're going to hit Disney Springs, the Boardwalk, etc... The next day we plan to do rope drop to park close, since DW has never been to WDW and I want to show her as much as possible. Though I am a many, many, time WDW veteran I haven't been since June 2018, much has changed since then. I bit the bullet and bought park hopper passes w/Genie +. We plan to start in MK, of course. Stay there until 1:30pm or so so that we can be at our next park right at 2pm when park hopping time starts. We plan to hit MK, Epcot and HS. AK would be great, but doubt we'll have time...DW will be in a wheelchair. She can walk, but had knee replacement surgery 2 months ago so a full day at WDW on her feet is out. Park hours are: MK open until 8pm, HS open until 9pm, Epcot open until 10pm. At some point, we would like to try to get back to MK before close so that she can see Main St in lights and maybe the new show. However that then creates a challenge because we'd miss the extra time the other parks are open. MK has a Xmas party that night, hence the reason for early closure.

How would you attack the day?

Also a few questions. I was looking at MDE last night, first time in a long time. On some attractions, it said no Genie+ times were available. Does that mean all of the what used to be "Fastpasses" are gone for the day? With the Xmas party in MK, would we still be allowed to roam the park and look in the shops on Main St. after the park closes, or are only ticketed guests allowed in the park? i.e. if we came back to MK at 10pm, could we get back in?

Also a few questions. I was looking at MDE last night, first time in a long time. On some attractions, it said no Genie+ times were available. Does that mean all of the what used to be "Fastpasses" are gone for the day? With the Xmas party in MK, would we still be allowed to roam the park and look in the shops on Main St. after the park closes, or are only ticketed guests allowed in the park? i.e. if we came back to MK at 10pm, could we get back in?
Yes, if no genie+ times available, the fastpasses for that are gone.

Security quickly removes guests from MK if they don't have the party wristband. You wouldn't have much time to do anything. You definitely would not get back in at 10pm, unless you can get a party ticket.

Moderators, can you help clarify why this was moved? I'm specifically asking about strategy to get the most out of a day at WDW? Isn't that the purpose of the Strategy section of the forum?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter