Returning to Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

3hearts

Earning My Ears
how often does DME pass through the resort for the return tirp to MCO?
OUr luggage will be checked and we will have our boarding passes and would like to leave the resort only 2 hours before flight time.
is this feasible?
thanks

No. Disney will assign you a bus time three hours in advance. If you don't take it then they may not be able to accomdate you later.

In addition, MCO has a reputation as one of the worst run security checkpoints out there. For no apparent reason the line might suddenly be an hour long.... Just this week they closed down part of the checkpoint on the A side for some reason....(They claimed it was a suspicious bag, but I don't trust them LOL!)

So if the bus took an hour to get you there (which could happen, each bus can make up to three stops, if you are stop one that's two more loads and traffic was bad) you would cut it very close and would then be at the mercy of the TSA.

I recommend a minimum of 90 minutes at MCO IF you have your boarding passes printed and NO luggage to check. 2 hours otherwise. Trust me being bored at the gate is a lot better then the SPRINT and panic method I see all too often!

You will be given your pick up time for DME, you do not get to pick a time. The day before you leave an envelope with a letter will be hanging on your door. The letter will advise you of your pick up time and it also instructs you to be at the bus stop 15 minutes prior to the pick up time.
The pick up time is generally 3 hours prior to your flight time.

thank you - this is very helpful.
one other question....we are landing at MCO tomorrow, Thursday 7:20pm. We have been advised to take a cab b/c DME could turn into a 3 hour event - but I do not want to spend $60 plus tip to get to the Caribbean - sound about the right cist?

do you think this will be a reasonbale hour to take DME and have the "normal" 75 minute ride?

we plan to pick up our luggage first b/c we want to get our daughter to bed resonably early. so we might not get to the DME check-in until 8:15.
What time would you guess we will arrive at the Caribbean?

thanks

thank you - this is very helpful.
one other question....we are landing at MCO tomorrow, Thursday 7:20pm. We have been advised to take a cab b/c DME could turn into a 3 hour event - but I do not want to spend $60 plus tip to get to the Caribbean - sound about the right cist?

do you think this will be a reasonbale hour to take DME and have the "normal" 75 minute ride?

we plan to pick up our luggage first b/c we want to get our daughter to bed resonably early. so we might not get to the DME check-in until 8:15.
What time would you guess we will arrive at the Caribbean?

thanks

Any trip from the airport regardless of the mode of transportation could theoretically turn into a three-hour event. Baggage is delayed (I've waited close to two hours), cabs break down, rental cars are unavailable, etc. I don't know that DME is any more or less likely to experience random problems.

If you pick up your bags you do lose a significant part of the DME benefit, however, and probably make it quicker to go via cab. As you note, however, there's a cost associated with that (and I generally hate cabs anyway). I've never had to wait in line for more than five minutes at the DME welcome desk and never had to wait more than a few minutes to board a bus. I have waited as long as 15 minutes after boarding for the bus to depart. From there it's just a matter of traffic (which would affect any mode of ground transport) and if your resort is early on the drop off route or later.

The reason the average time is 70 minutes (you'll need to add 30 minutes +/- for baggage claim) is that it usually takes about that long. In all likelihood DME will get you to your resort 60-90 minutes after you check in.

I am closing this thread as there is a duplicate one here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!