Returned From 2/22 Magic (A few tips)

cathyrob

Earning My Ears
My husband, 15 month old son, and I were on the 2/22 Magic. We had a great time and great weather. Here are my thoughts and tips:

It is true, they do not let diaper kids in the pool. How did we solve this problem? Easily. On the pool decks you have a railing that separated the pool area from the deck area. On the deck area along the railing are tables and chairs(this is all in the shade as well). By Goofy's Pool we took the table, 4 chairs, and a lounge chair and created a horseshoe using the railing as a barrier. We then purchased the bucket and shovel stuff from the shop, put my son in the horseshoe with toys and bucket full of water and he played there each day for about 2 hours. My husband and I took turns going in the pool and laying on the other side of the railing which was in the sun. This worked out great and my son had no desire to go in the pool.

Flounders - We didn't go to Flouders until 3:00pm(they were only having their open house for 15 more minutes, it started earlier)I signed my son up for two time slots each day. They said they would only guarentee 3 but we were confirmed for all times. Towards the end of the cruise, we didn't even drop my son off because he was having fun by the pool. So, my advice, go to Flounders and sign up for more times then you think you want. You have the option to cancel as long as it is four hours in advance(they confirm your time each night the day before). My son enjoyed Flounders at first, but there were two kids who were there ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT who cried, which bothered my son. That was when we chose to cancel some of our time slots. It is amazing to see families go on FAMILY vacations, yet they never spend time with their child! Over all the people who work in Flounders are great.

Basketball court - Once the sun went down my husband and I would take my son up to deck 10. That is where the basketball court is. The entire court is boarded with nets and has a sponge type floor. It is then divided to seperate the BBall from the soccer. In the soccer area we would let him run around and go crazy. He loved it. It gave him an opportunity to run around without having to worry about bumping into people or coming across steps. It also wore him out.

Don't forget to drop off a tshirt at guest services to have ALL the characters sign it. Ours came out soooo cute. What a great thing to have and we didn't even have to stand in any lines!!!

Shows were great, especially Dreams. I loved the Dueling Pianos. Games were fun, my team won the Couch potatoe and Adult Magic Quest.

Castaway Cay - Beautiful!! Went parasailing, super time. Don't waste your money on the banana boat, it doesn't go fast, you can swim faster than they pull the banana. Don't worry about rushing out on the island to get a seat. There are plenty. And practically each grouping of seats has a palm tree which will give you the option of shade. The water was beautiful and my son loved swimming in the ocean.

Camera - Make sure you have your camera at all times. The characters will just pop out of no where. They are good about stopping and taking photos.

Food - Plutos we found enjoyable. In the dining room the food was good but nothing to brag about. I wish they had more of a selection on the menues. Top Siders was nice for breakfast and lunch, but each day is a different theme(Mexican, oriental, American, etc.) But they always have a kids line with typical kid food which was great. Our server Leo was great and wonderful with my son.

Disembarking - WOW, how easy. We were off the boat by 8:15 with such ease. Kudos to Disney!!! We were able to catch an earlier flight to eliminate sitting in the airport. They say not to book a flight before 12:30, but we caught an 11:05 flight and still had an hour to kill at the airport.

Cabins - We were on deck 8. Had a great room servicer. Took care of all our diapers and didn't even complain :) Room was kept nice and he always had it clean before my son's nap.

Norwalk - We were traveling with 13 other people and we all managed to stay healthy. I guess a few guest did get sick, but I didn't know about it until I got home and read it on the boards. We were all very careful. By doing the following simple things we had a healthy time. We only used the bathrooms in our rooms, washed our hands constantly, and we didn't hold onto the railings on the stairs. When my son was in the nursery or my nephews were in the camp, we would wipe them down when they left. But the camp and nursery were very careful and made sure each child washed hands before entering. I guess it is just luck of the draw.

Anyway, had a great time. Would definitly do it again. If you have any questions, just ask.

CJ
:cool: :p

Great post! Thank you. I wish I'd thought of letting my kids run off some energy on the courts...

Going back?

Renee

Originally posted by cathyrob
Don't waste your money on the banana boat, it doesn't go fast, you can swim faster than they pull the banana.

We found it quite fast and quite a wild ride. My daughter actually went a second time because we had so much fun. Maybe it depends on your driver or the weather conditions. Our ride was fast!

How long did it take to go parasailing...how many people per boat...how long in the air? I have ressie for 5/2 and can't wait!! Any parasailing info would be appreciated. Thanx!

When we went there was 10 people per boat. We were out about 45 minutes. Each person was in the air for about 7 minutes(which was plenty of time). The time you are out all together depends on whether people go single or double. It was fun and worth the money.

As for the banana boat, they only let the boat go 15mph. For a banana boat, that is not too fast. We have done other banana boat rides that were permitted to go much faster, so that is what we compared it to. If you have never done a banana boat before, then one may think it was fast, especially younger children:D

Glad you had a great cruise!

Do you remember what the weight limit for parasailing is? My dd & I want to go tanden & I have read two different limits.

Also what room were you in? We are booked for 8018. Just wondering how your room was.

Thanks!

The weight limit was at least over 240, not sure what the exact limit is. It was nice to go double because you had someone to talk to while floating in the air. The instructor will let you know if you can go together before going out on the boat. However, he could change his mind right up to the time before you go. It depends on wind, water conditions, and of course the weight.

We were in cabin 8076, just down the hall from the aft elevators. It was quiet and we never heard any noise from deck 9 which is where topsiders and the pools are. We had very little traffic in the halls. Nice spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter