Return of the Porg - A June 2018 TR *updated 6/24 Epic DISmeet highlights day 7 COMPLETED!*

Day 3 - June 23rd - Hollywood Studios!

After riding Star Tours, the next order of business for me was Starbucks. Dad dislikes Starbucks so he never partakes.
29230698548_b4edfaa39a_c.jpg

I always order a grande iced vanilla latte.
42198376565_785f410d52_c.jpg

Sipping my Starbucks we slowly made our way down Sunset Boulevard, stopping in a few shops here and there. There was a lot of hammering and sawing going on in what was Sweet Spells.
42198284975_06e0a705fd_c.jpg

I spotted a Gremlin in the Planet Hollywood store and took a picture. When I was a child I saw Gremlins and had recurring nightmares about them for the rest of my childhood. I believed they lived under my bed, I guess. I had a queen-size bed and if I slept with my back to the edge of the bed, rather than the empty side of the bed, they would come up and eat me in my sleep. I think I thought behinds had the most meat so that’s what a gremlin would go for. I don’t know, kids are weird!
41291749410_806dbd042b_c.jpg

While we’re on the subject, I also had recurring nightmares about dinosaurs thanks to seeing Jurassic Park in the theater when I was in the first grade. And even now I’m still irrationally afraid of dinosaurs.

ANYWAY.

Back to the story, we were on our way to Rock n Roller Coaster. See you soon Tower!
43052890362_a6b10fb432_c.jpg

42384581294_5d96eea6d8_c.jpg

We tapped our magic bands and got to the loading room, and the ride broke down for a bit. I didn’t care cause it was cool and dark in there. As a fun aside, Sam and her family were in the park and had ridden RNR earlier. Sam loved it but she lost her magic band! I think it must have been stuck in the car because there were 4 or 5 random photos linked to PhotoPass, which was hilarious. Also thought it was amusing that the only ride I’ve ever lost anything on is the one she loses her magic band on (RIP to my blue star ears). She did later get her magic band back though! Wow, I keep going off on tangents.

So the freeway really was jammed ahead.
29230610478_b1aa04e781_c.jpg

And then it wasn’t!
42198216225_53fce2ab6d_c.jpg

We got to chat with a lovely CM about the attractions she works, and her new location was actually Toy Story Land. It was fun to hear her perspective on it all. I asked for front row, but that was actually what we’d have gotten anyway. Front row luck will become a theme!

For the ride photo I tried to look unamused… and failed.
41309030790_18b2686d12_c.jpg

RNR is WAY gentler in the front. Usually my head is banging side to side against the restraints, no matter how hard I try to keep it in place. This ride didn’t even give me a headache!

Before using our next FP at Tower we stopped in at the bathrooms. It was bright, hot, and sunny when I went in. When I tried to exit it was downpouring! It was so bizarre, I hadn’t even seen the warning dark clouds. The bathroom was air conditioned and dry so I just waited out the storm in there for the most part.
29230706798_b056beec91_c.jpg

It’s hard to tell, but it was still raining.
42198217335_b08190da6f_c.jpg

The rain slowed, so we dodged the raindrops and tapped our magic bands. The FP line was backed up just past cover, and I was very concerned the skies would open up again. But luck was on our side and we made it to cover in time.
43103218661_6c470f02eb_c.jpg

43103210361_afa97109d3_c.jpg

43053074202_4f01e4da1a_c.jpg

We boarded our elevator, and then someone had some seatbelt issues, so they released the belts and redid the process. The doors closed like normal and then we just sat there. I knew something was up, and sure enough the doors reopened and they had us exit the elevator and move to a different one.

This one departed as planned. Our drop sequence started with a launch, and I prefer to drop first. For the photo I gave the Porg some lovin’.
42401891604_e551968917_c.jpg

Up next: some Launch Bay fun!

Last edited:
Day 3 - June 23rd - Launch Bay & Lunch!

Initial fastpasses all used up, I couldn’t wait any longer so we went to Launch Bay. Chewie was calling out to me! The line was posted at 25 minutes and that’s about what I waited.
42384493944_a09590a4c5_c.jpg

When I walked in I had to let Chewie know that he couldn’t eat the Porg, and that he was a friend! Chewie was bummed and hungry, but he understood.
41309018830_8280efbda1_c.jpg

42401883314_5b5c2fb0a3_c.jpg

29248470288_8d44c4f73a_c.jpg

43070374632_de0ab0da23_c.jpg

The Launch Bay had new displays for Solo.
43103077371_9a74bd43cc_c.jpg

29230698368_1803580e5a_c.jpg

42198377225_a899e3539b_c.jpg

After Launch Bay I had to go check on Toy Story Land again. This time the gates were open and I could see a bit inside and CMs were entering and exiting. It was such a tease! I gave up pretty fast and went to check in at Sci-Fi Drive-In. I checked in at 2:30 and went to sit with Dad in the Baseline Taphouse. We were seated at 2:45, our ADR time.
41291780260_b8d3ee4211_c.jpg

Our front row luck continued here. We got a front seat, in the front row of cars! Not sure that being that close is actually lucky, but it wasn’t too bad.
42384486414_a4cf4f52c6_c.jpg

So many things on the menu sounded good but I ended up with a burger. I rarely eat burgers anymore, so it was a nice treat! The picture isn’t great since Sci-Fi is so dark, and I didn’t want to take a second flash picture.
41291779950_642565a205_c.jpg

Drive-in BBQ Burger - Our Signature Blend of Beef, BBQ Spice, Brioche Bun, House-made BBQ Sauce, Bacon, and Cheddar served with Crispy-fried Jalapeño and Onion Straws

This burger was SO good. The burger itself was perfectly cooked, nice and juicy, and the combination of BBQ sauce, bacon and cheddar was perfection. Then add in the crunch from the onion straws and the slight heat from the fried jalapenos. Wow so good. I ate almost all of it because it was too delicoius to waste. And if you’ll remember, I had Boma for breakfast, so that was quite the feat. Dad also got a burger, but he got the special burger which had pimento cheese on it.

The restaurant was really fun. It really feels like you’re at a drive-in, and the little clips were cute! I know people say the reel should be longer, but we only saw a couple repeats. This isn’t a restaurant I need to do every trip but it’s definitely more on my radar than it had been!

When we left Sci-Fi it looked suspiciously like more rain.
42198371375_bcedda7b62_c.jpg

42198254935_7bed615013_c.jpg

I had made a same-day FP for Tower earlier, so that was our destination.
42384581744_47ef7f4abc_c.jpg

29230610858_fa2c16f7be_c.jpg

We cashed in our FP and once again had to wait in the FP line uncovered. Luck was on our side, though, and the skies did not open up.
43103064051_b11ca386d2_c.jpg

This time the ride launched first, but the sequence was still great, with lots of drops! The Porg and I were very scared.
43070378722_84a4e96518_c.jpg

The day hit a lull after that ride. We went into One Man’s Dream, or whatever it might be called now. I had a vague idea of meeting Star-Lord but Sam wanted to meet him too so that didn’t end up happening.
42198374425_640a9f31ee_c.jpg

Model for the new, now obsolete, Paradise Pier.
42384493324_c2a39e01c3_c.jpg

Galaxy’s Edge model
42384617304_4585488500_c.jpg

There were some Black Panther costumes on display. They were so elaborate!
41291704860_02b7417887_c.jpg

29230696958_111834048b_c.jpg

I think Dad opted to hop in the theater to see the preview for Incredibles 2. I had already seen the movie, so I stayed behind. I noticed a magnet for Mission Breakout. Kinda weird to have that at Disney World.
29230708468_103b69d11c_c.jpg

I still wasn’t sure what to do, so I just kind of sat around for a while. At some point I booked a Star Tours FP, and then I went to stalk Toy Story Land some more. Still no luck getting in.
42384493474_d8b3bb9238_c.jpg

They were stopping guests from taking photos, so this is the best I could do.
43103219201_bae7ddd34a_c.jpg

Again, luck was not on my side, as they still weren't letting guests in. From what I read they never really did during my vacation dates, so at least I didn't just miss out on a soft opening!

Up next: more characters!

Last edited:
That's crazy that you went to the bathroom and when you came out it was pouring like that!

I love the ToT ride photos with the Porg! And your pics with Chewie!

Sounds like a nice lunch!

I think I thought behinds had the most meat so that’s what a gremlin would go for. I don’t know, kids are weird!

:rotfl:

Sam loved it but she lost her magic band! I think it must have been stuck in the car because there were 4 or 5 random photos linked to PhotoPass, which was hilarious.

Haha this is hilarious! But good that she ended up getting it back.

For the photo I gave the Porg some lovin’.
42401891604_e551968917_c.jpg

So cute!

When I walked in I had to let Chewie know that he couldn’t eat the Porg, and that he was a friend! Chewie was bummed and hungry, but he understood.
41309018830_8280efbda1_c.jpg

Poor Chewy. :( He looks so disappointed. Your pictures with him are adorable though!

Drive-in BBQ Burger - Our Signature Blend of Beef, BBQ Spice, Brioche Bun, House-made BBQ Sauce, Bacon, and Cheddar served with Crispy-fried Jalapeño and Onion Straws

This burger was SO good. The burger itself was perfectly cooked, nice and juicy, and the combination of BBQ sauce, bacon and cheddar was perfection. Then add in the crunch from the onion straws and the slight heat from the fried jalapenos. Wow so good.

This sounds amazing! I remember years ago just having a mediocre meal there, but from what I've heard in recent years they seem to have stepped up their game, especially with the burgers.

There were some Black Panther costumes on display. They were so elaborate!

So cool! What beautiful costumes.

We were seated at 8:35, only five minutes past our ADR time! We were at a two-top by the big beautiful windows!
42198339335_b7dbc1fb3e_c.jpg
That's nice to be by the window! I've actually gotten the same table both times I went (along one of the benches separating the buffet from seating area)!

Sidnote: I just read that there’s an alternate version of this scene where it doesn’t break the glass, but the angry little droid throws paint at the window. I’ve never seen that!
Yeah, the tip of the spaceship gets bent against the glass. And the droid gets mad! I think I've gotten that version more often recently!

In the gift shop I took a picture of this cup to consider buying. I’m trying to cut down on single use items, and these sorts of cups help a lot with that, but I never did buy this one.
Hmm, I may need to get something like this. Arya (my girl kitty) likes to drink water out of my cups, so I need a lid to prevent from needing a new glass of water all of the time!

While we’re on the subject, I also had recurring nightmares about dinosaurs thanks to seeing Jurassic Park in the theater when I was in the first grade. And even now I’m still irrationally afraid of dinosaurs.
Same - though I don't think I saw it in theatres. But I did have nightmares for years. That and Deep Blue Sea sharks.

I think it must have been stuck in the car because there were 4 or 5 random photos linked to PhotoPass, which was hilarious.
That is pretty awesome!

RNR is WAY gentler in the front. Usually my head is banging side to side against the restraints, no matter how hard I try to keep it in place. This ride didn’t even give me a headache!
I may need to ask for that row next time I ride!

Where you able to get signed up for the Passholder event at MK on Aug 5th? We will be there! So excited it worked out for our stay!

On the rare occasions I go to Starbucks, an iced vanilla latte is my go-to drink, too!

Front row on RNRC is the best. Sorry, it broke down for a little, though. But like you said, at least you were inside where it was cool.

Sci Fi Dine In sounds like it was the perfect meal during a day full of coasters. I only eat burgers on vacation, and your description of the cheese/onion crunch/heat had me wishing I could try it myself. I'm sure sitting in the dark theater was a nice respite form the FL sun, too.

Side Note: My son was sitting at the table as I was reading your update and loved your Chewbacca photos. He thought it was hilarious you had a Porg with you while meeting him. :rotfl2:

That's crazy that you went to the bathroom and when you came out it was pouring like that!

I love the ToT ride photos with the Porg! And your pics with Chewie!

Sounds like a nice lunch!

It really was crazy. I know it's Florida weather, so expect anything, but most of the time you can tell when the rain is coming!

Thank you! I just love meeting Chewie :lovestruc

Aren't kids so weird?! It took me so long to get over that fear too :rotfl2:

Haha this is hilarious! But good that she ended up getting it back.

Definitely! And she ended up buying the Stitch Magic Band while her's was lost, so it all worked out!

:goodvibes

Poor Chewy. :( He looks so disappointed. Your pictures with him are adorable though!

He was very disappointed but he understood that he couldn't eat friends :rotfl:

This sounds amazing! I remember years ago just having a mediocre meal there, but from what I've heard in recent years they seem to have stepped up their game, especially with the burgers.

I was so pleasantly surprised by it! The last time I was there, in 2005, it must have been a mediocre meal because I never had any desire to return. But I was so impressed that Sci-Fi and Sanaa are the only table service meals I'm interested in doing in August!

So cool! What beautiful costumes.

They really were!

That's nice to be by the window! I've actually gotten the same table both times I went (along one of the benches separating the buffet from seating area)!

It was a lovely seat! Every time we've eaten there we've been in super different areas of the restaurant!

Yeah, the tip of the spaceship gets bent against the glass. And the droid gets mad! I think I've gotten that version more often recently!

You probably ride it all the time at Disneyland, huh? It seems I've been getting the ship breaking the window a lot lately.

Hmm, I may need to get something like this. Arya (my girl kitty) likes to drink water out of my cups, so I need a lid to prevent from needing a new glass of water all of the time!

How could you deprive your poor kitty of your water? :rotfl:

Disney had a lot of those cups with lids so I bet you could find something you like!

Same - though I don't think I saw it in theatres. But I did have nightmares for years. That and Deep Blue Sea sharks.

Oh man! I never saw Jaws until I was an adult (or anything else shark related) so my nightmares were kept to dinosaurs and Gremlins!

That is pretty awesome!

Her Magic Band needed to ride some more haha!

I may need to ask for that row next time I ride!

You should! I found it was a lot better, I kind of enjoyed the ride again!

Where you able to get signed up for the Passholder event at MK on Aug 5th? We will be there! So excited it worked out for our stay!

I was! How exciting! Even though I'm going to Disney After Hours the night before :rotfl:

It'll be fun to compare and contrast, though!

On the rare occasions I go to Starbucks, an iced vanilla latte is my go-to drink, too!

Front row on RNRC is the best. Sorry, it broke down for a little, though. But like you said, at least you were inside where it was cool.

Sci Fi Dine In sounds like it was the perfect meal during a day full of coasters. I only eat burgers on vacation, and your description of the cheese/onion crunch/heat had me wishing I could try it myself. I'm sure sitting in the dark theater was a nice respite form the FL sun, too.

Side Note: My son was sitting at the table as I was reading your update and loved your Chewbacca photos. He thought it was hilarious you had a Porg with you while meeting him. :rotfl2:

It's great and simple!

It really is, I can enjoy the ride again! If I've got to be stuck in a line, I'll take RNR in the loading zone anytime!

It was a really, unexpectedly great meal! And I NEVER eat burgers anymore either, so it was a special treat and it was well worth it. Maybe one day you can try it. I bet your kids would love Sci-Fi when they're a bit older!

Awww, that's so sweet of him! I have another Chewie meet coming up and it was maybe even funnier so I hope he likes that too :goodvibes

There was a lot of hammering and sawing going on in what was Sweet Spells.
:sad: RIP. I hope there's some plan to bring back a bakery/candy shop. I always loved stopping in there and looking at the apples and other temptations.

I spotted a Gremlin in the Planet Hollywood store and took a picture. When I was a child I saw Gremlins and had recurring nightmares about them for the rest of my childhood
OMG ME TOO. My parents made a giant mistake letting me watch that. Terrifying!

While we’re on the subject, I also had recurring nightmares about dinosaurs thanks to seeing Jurassic Park in the theater when I was in the first grade. And even now I’m still irrationally afraid of dinosaurs
:scared:

My other "scariest" childhood film that effed up my sleep for months was The Goonies. I think I had nightmares for six months, hahaha

Front row luck will become a theme!
Woop woop!!!

This burger was SO good. The burger itself was perfectly cooked, nice and juicy, and the combination of BBQ sauce, bacon and cheddar was perfection. Then add in the crunch from the onion straws and the slight heat from the fried jalapenos. Wow so good. I ate almost all of it because it was too delicoius to waste. And if you’ll remember, I had Boma for breakfast, so that was quite the feat. Dad also got a burger, but he got the special burger which had pimento cheese on it.

Oh my gosh, that looks and sounds great. I really enjoyed SciFi but we haven't been in a few years. We tend not to spend long enough in DHS to eat a meal but I will have to reconsider. I'd love to go back!

I admire your dedication to trying to get into Toy Story Land. :laughing:

I wonder how Sam lost her Magic Band on RnR? Funny about the photos though and at least she got it back.

:sad: RIP. I hope there's some plan to bring back a bakery/candy shop. I always loved stopping in there and looking at the apples and other temptations.

Me too! The bakeries are probably my favorite to look at because the treats are so cute!

OMG ME TOO. My parents made a giant mistake letting me watch that. Terrifying!

Same here!!!! Until I was an adult I had no idea there were cute, friendly Gremlins

:scared:

My other "scariest" childhood film that effed up my sleep for months was The Goonies. I think I had nightmares for six months, hahaha

Ohhh I am glad I didn't watch that as a child then!

What about Child's Play with Chucky? That movie was horrifying. I don't recall having nightmares but it scared me so badly!

Woop woop!!!

:thumbsup2

Oh my gosh, that looks and sounds great. I really enjoyed SciFi but we haven't been in a few years. We tend not to spend long enough in DHS to eat a meal but I will have to reconsider. I'd love to go back!

Since the meal options in DHS are a little scare I'm glad I found another place I enjoy!

I admire your dedication to trying to get into Toy Story Land. :laughing:

I wonder how Sam lost her Magic Band on RnR? Funny about the photos though and at least she got it back.

Hahah thank you! My dedication was not rewarded with entry into TSL though. I was very sad!

No idea! Maybe it got caught on the shoulder restraint or something!

August Trip Planning part 3!

So, I've made quite a few changes since I last posted the itinerary. For example, I will be going to Epcot on Saturday before Disney After Hours, and then the Monday that I was going to go to Epcot I'll be back at DHS.

And speaking of DHS, I was able to find Alien Swirling Saucer FPs for 3 separate days, and all at the times that I wanted. And I also found a 12:55 ADR at Sci-Fi that day!

Things are mostly the same at Animal Kingdom, except that I found an 8:25 pm FP for Flight of Passage! :cool1: It's a bit later than I would like so I keep checking hoping for better times. I'll do some refreshing day of too!

I was also able to sign up for the V.I.Passholder night at Magic Kingdom on August 5th. It'd probably be a lot more exciting if I wasn't doing Disney After Hours the night before, but it should be fun to compare and contrast the two events. This is the first Passholder event I've been able to go to!

I've started packing a little, mostly toiletries, making sure they can fit in the quart ziploc since I've decided to only bring a carry-on. I have an Away brand carry-on and I'm obsessed with it and it fits SOOOO much. And just look how beautiful it is!
42741724095_b37284ee1f_c.jpg

I work 6 out of the next 7 nights so I don't have much time to get prepared for the trip. Only 8 days left!

PS. Look at this amazing macaron ice cream sandwich I had in Kansas City yesterday. The macaron was blueberry, the ice cream was vanilla and then rolled in fruity pebbles.
43580837352_f1b5bdf875_c.jpg

Last edited:
PS. Look at this amazing macaron ice cream sandwich I had in Kansas City yesterday. The macaron was blueberry, the ice cream was vanilla and then rolled in fruity pebbles.

Did my mouth just start drooling when I saw that ice cream sandwich? It might have...:rotfl2:
It looked like it was sooo good!

Love the color of your suitcase.

Glad you were able to get a ticket to the VIPassholder event. I'm sure it'll be fun, even with going to the After Hours party the night before.

Wow, your AK photos were gorgeous…it almost makes me hope my waitlist comes through there, instead of BWV. Is that Jambo? Because that's where I waitlisted.

Roma breakfast looks delicious, but after this last April trip, I'm over breakfast buffets…unless they get me into a park or ride early. I am never hungry in the am and it's always so much food that I overeat and don't feel good after. I will definitely do GG PPO breakfast again or EMM since it comes with breakfast. But no more breakfast buffets just for breakfast for me.

I love your throwback pic…I didn't realize you worked at AKL :confused3 I must've missed something but were you in the DCP?? That's pretty awesome!

Loved all your DHS photos, bummer that you didn't get in to TSL, but you'll see it soon!

What about Child's Play with Chucky? That movie was horrifying. I don't recall having nightmares but it scared me so badly!

I've never seen that. Turns out my parents did have some sense! I was a bit of a fraidy cat as a child. I like to think I've outgrown most of that but I still don't care much for horror movies so maybe I haven't!

I am so sad we're missing each other in August. I have an Orbitz promo and could get a couple nights at Pop for a really good price and was actually considering it for next weekend but then R and I basically finalized our plans to go to Maui for Christmas so I'll be trying not to spend extra money for a while :sad:

I'll be interested to hear about your extra events.

Wonder how many times your plans will change again leading up to the trip. lol

Did my mouth just start drooling when I saw that ice cream sandwich? It might have...:rotfl2:
It looked like it was sooo good!

Love the color of your suitcase.

Glad you were able to get a ticket to the VIPassholder event. I'm sure it'll be fun, even with going to the After Hours party the night before.

Oh it was delicious! Better than the version I had at Disney World! Can't wait to return to try some other flavors!

Thank you, I'm obsessed with my suitcase!

Thanks, me too!! Really making the most out of having a pass! I like Magic Kingdom most at night, so it'll be fun to have a good chunk of uncrowded nighttime at MK!

Wow, your AK photos were gorgeous…it almost makes me hope my waitlist comes through there, instead of BWV. Is that Jambo? Because that's where I waitlisted.

Roma breakfast looks delicious, but after this last April trip, I'm over breakfast buffets…unless they get me into a park or ride early. I am never hungry in the am and it's always so much food that I overeat and don't feel good after. I will definitely do GG PPO breakfast again or EMM since it comes with breakfast. But no more breakfast buffets just for breakfast for me.

I love your throwback pic…I didn't realize you worked at AKL :confused3 I must've missed something but were you in the DCP?? That's pretty awesome!

Loved all your DHS photos, bummer that you didn't get in to TSL, but you'll see it soon!

It is Jambo! I hope your waitlist comes through (unless you're really set on BWV) because AKL is just the best!

I agree with you about breakfast buffets. It was delicious, but just unnecessary for breakfast!

I did do the DCP back in 2006, and was lucky enough to work at the Mara and then in In-Room Dining for AKL. It was my favorite resort before I worked there!

It was definitely a bummer at the time, but it worked out in the end!

I've never seen that. Turns out my parents did have some sense! I was a bit of a fraidy cat as a child. I like to think I've outgrown most of that but I still don't care much for horror movies so maybe I haven't!

I am so sad we're missing each other in August. I have an Orbitz promo and could get a couple nights at Pop for a really good price and was actually considering it for next weekend but then R and I basically finalized our plans to go to Maui for Christmas so I'll be trying not to spend extra money for a while :sad:

I was pretty fearless as a kid! Love haunted houses, no ride scared me, etc but somehow movies got to me! I do like horror movies now but definitely not my favorite genre.

I'm sad too. So close but so far!

I could argue that a weekend trip to Disney is a necessity, not an extra! It's like oxygen or something! But I GUESS Maui does sound pretty spectacular, and there's always the girls trip in May!

I'll be interested to hear about your extra events.

Wonder how many times your plans will change again leading up to the trip. lol

It'll be fun to compare and contrast!

I wouldn't think they could change MUCH more since it's just a week until I leave... but we all know how that goes :rotfl2:

Darn...now I have to go find that suitcase...then I will need to talk my sister into doing some vinyl figment somethings to put on it...ok, I NEED to know...is that the lavender color? On their website it looks a lot different..

I can't believe that your next trip is almost here (or that it is almost August)!

Last edited:
Day 3 - June 23rd - Character Meets!

After yet another unsuccessful stalking of TSL Dad and I met back up at Star Tours. Actually not sure what he was doing that whole time :scratchin
42384456384_52b79ef0c2_c.jpg

Threepio was unconscious, but somehow still talking.
28234079627_1f6f77865e_c.jpg

This time I was the Rebel Spy!! Just kidding, I’ll never be the Rebel Spy! Our sequence was Kylo Ren, Jakuu, Maz Kenata transmission, and Crait ending in Batuu. I like this sequence a lot, and it really gets me excited for Galaxy’s Edge.

We then met up with Sam and her family. They had just finished seeing Indiana Jones! Sam and I knew we wanted to meet characters, and Olaf was right there, so even though she’s no fan of Frozen, that’s where we went.

There was absolutely no one in line, and when we walked into the room it seemed like Olaf wasn’t there either. I figured he was just on a break, but then he popped out from the corner where the exit is and gave me a heart attack. He was instantly enamored with the Porg. I think I thought he was going in to hug Sam, but nope, he was after the Porg!
28251092637_48a9a7a877_c.jpg

Olaf loved the Porg’s big eyes because he also has big eyes.
28251097367_e466c5c406_c.jpg

43070384792_a103b589af_c.jpg

We both got some warm hugs from Olaf! See, she DOES love Frozen!
29573203948_5c14bb854d_c.jpg

42215934105_7c2ccbdc07_c.jpg

41309015990_96218671bf_c.jpg

We had to be sure Sam got her own photo with Olaf. See how happy she is? I really think that loveable snowman wore her down some!
29573208758_05f9b70a98_c.jpg

After all these interactions still there was no one else in line. Olaf tried to look outside for the people, but he didn’t have his snow flurry so he couldn’t go out. He really dragged out the meet as long as possible, which made it extra fun. I made sure to blow him kisses when we finally had to say goodbye!
42215952735_4e740859d4_c.jpg

Sam, her parents, and I then went to get a return time for Toy Story Mania. Then we went to One Man’s Dream so we could meet Baby Groot and Star Lord. (Dad meanwhile was sitting at a bar in DHS, people watching).

Star Lord was………. Interesting. He really played up Groot a lot, had him dance and sleep and all sorts of adorable Groot things.
43120466231_f71e52ef66_c.jpg

43070381402_cff82a9232_c.jpg

Our return time was then good, so we headed back to Toy Story Mania. It was all very confusing, I had no idea where the entrance was but we eventually figured it out.
42198369605_d9e49d23df_c.jpg

41291749620_bc79c73b5e_c.jpg

When we got to a merge point the CM asked us which way we wanted to go, and I asked for the new track. I know the ride experience is the same, but I thought it might be less worn, and maybe I’d finally break 200,000! Sam rides it a lot at California Adventure so she gave me some hints while we were in line.
41291701860_9a655de77b_c.jpg

Those tips helped her! She got best in car, and I did not break 200,000.
41291859570_ef695b0957_c.jpg

There was a new exit, which I guess was temporary? Or maybe now it just turns to the right instead of left into Pixar Place.
43053064202_02c7b29d82_c.jpg

It was raining when we exited Toy Story Mania, so we booked it to Launch Bay. Sam and I had some characters to meet!

First of all we noticed some Stormtroopers standing around in one of the gallery interacting with guests and taking photos! I had never seen them do this, and I needed a photo. Right away the stormtrooper pointed at the Porg and said “that’s a negative”. Poor Porg just can’t catch a break!
42198339495_096040b495_c.jpg

I was clearly displeased at the stormtrooper’s words.
41291861810_7713a355d0_c.jpg

Then we posed for photos, which is awkward, cause they just stand beside you. So I did my best intimidating face. And it’s not great.
42198373975_089486b302_c.jpg

Sam was beckoned up next, and they did their best to frighten her, or recruit her to the First Order.
28233917037_5b68c01656_c.jpg

They were unsuccessful. (PS how terrible is this lighting?)

29230697718_4858a94f24_c.jpg

Up next: The funniest Chewie meet!

Last edited:
Woo for new plans, including the Passholder event! That's my birthday, and I'm very sad I won't be spending it in the MK that night. I'm really interested to see what you think of it!

Your suitcase is beautiful! Maybe someday if I invest in new luggage, I'll try that brand. Apparently you can get it with a removable battery to charge your electronics? Cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter