Return of the Porg - A June 2018 TR *updated 6/24 Epic DISmeet highlights day 7 COMPLETED!*

I miss that part of staying in the main tower, now that we stay at BLT.

It's really so nice! Does the Contemporary tower not have DVC rooms?

I love that pool area :lovestruc

I didn't get an opportunity to use it, except for the hot tub for a few minutes, but it is lovely being so close to the water!

The view really makes the room. I wish I could be sitting there right now!

Yikes! But don't blame The CR…we've always had good bus luck there. We tend to leave early in the day though.

I'm glad to hear it! I figure it's mostly a crapshoot, Disney tries their best to keep buses on a schedule for all the resorts, but delays happen

Well, that's new. And pretty ugly if you ask me. Are they leaving it that color??

I honestly don't know. I'm inclined to think they will leave it that color since it's similar to the entrance color, but I haven't paid much attention!

I'm sorry the wait for the bus was crappy! You look so cute with Porridge :) Can't wait to see what you got up to!

Thank you!! Porridge and I had a very good day

Sounds like you had a packed evening after the fireworks! I admire you for being able to stay in the parks so late, I would have been done hours earlier.

We did! I'm more of a night owl, and I love the parks at night so it's actually easier for me than the early mornings. I've actually never made it to a rope drop!

I just got back from my solo trip, staying at the Contemporary. I had a Bay Lake view room too! It was the best. I loved the view and took a photo every morning. I was on the 10th floor and on the opposite end, so when I'd walk out of my room, I'd see Magic Kingdom through the atrium window. Don't think I could have really asked for a better room. And everything was so convenient. Less than five minutes to run down and fill my mug.

I actually had really good bus luck while I was there. The wait times in the app helped a lot, I'll say. But even returning to the Contemporary, I was pleasantly surprised. My longest wait was 15 minutes waiting in the middle of the day to come back from Animal Kingdom. Once I waited 20 minutes for a Disney Springs bus, but I didn't give myself enough time to get there after checking the time on the app. It was pulling away as I walked up.

I hope you continue to enjoy your time at the Contemporary. I absolutely loved it and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

The Bay Lake view is really so dreamy! I took SOOOO many photos of the view, and I regret nothing. I was also very happy with the convenience of the resort!

I must have just got unlucky! And I never used the app, I'll have to remember it next time!

We definitely enjoyed the room - I'd stay there again if there was a good discount! Garden wing doesn't interest me much, but the tower is so expensive it's often much cheaper to just stay at my favorite, Animal Kingdom Lodge! I'm really glad you had an incredible trip! Are you writing a TR?

That's awesome that your breakfast sandwich was made with real eggs! That makes all the difference with dishes like sandwiches.

Whoa, that was a rough time with transportation. I'm sure you were more than ready for a DHS bus to show up.

The photo of the monorail with Space Mtn poking out through the trees in the background is great.

Hopefully the coffee and water offset the negative bus situation and turned the day around. I don't think I've ever been in the DHS Starbucks before, but I'll have to try to check it out in the future since it sounds like it's themed well.

It totally does make all the difference, I was so impressed!

It was a rough time, and it never really got better, but that's ok!

Thank you! I'm pretty proud of that photo, though those yellow trees do most of the work making it a cool photo.

It for sure did! I think the Starbucks would be cool for kids too because there's lots of buttons and switches on the wall that kids (or adults) can press since it's supposed to be a trolley car control center

Day 5 - June 25th - Solo at DHS, part 2!

My first FP was for RNR as I had missed my Tower FP. Pretend this is RNR because I took no exterior photos of it.
28235407167_960630bf5f_c.jpg

I once again got front row without asking and Porg’d for the ride photo and man is it hard to maintain any facial expression other than a scream! The ride jerked me around a bit more than the previous day but still no headache!
41309012970_b2fe53b5cb_c.jpg

I was able to move up my Star Tours FP to 12:35 so I headed that direction. Everytime I pass the Chinese Theater and see the promos for the Mickey ride I am reminded how much I HATE that design for them. And have you seen the cartoons? They’re TERRIBLE. Like… reminds me of Ren and Stimpy, not Mickey Mouse.
43054468512_a25a538a2a_c.jpg

I got to Star Tours and tapped my band confidently…. And got a blue Mickey! It was my first blue Mickey at FP and it was really surprising to me! Apparently I was 8 minutes early for my FP, so they let me in. I had assumed it was already 12:30, oops!
28235407147_0f9bf51953_c.jpg

C-3P0 was feeling much better today, but the line was too pushy for me to get a photo. I did get a photo of Rex! Miss that incompetent little droid.
28235406417_7ecf48cf72_c.jpg

Has anyone noticed how hot the second queue room is at Star Tours? The room with Rex and the merge point. It’s uncomfortable! And lately the Star Speeders have been hot too! I got the new trilogy sequences, which I love, and was NOT the Rebel spy.

I had booked a FP for Tower, or rescheduled my original, but it wasn’t for a while so I decided to go to Launch Bay to cool off for a bit and try to modify it. As I was walking I noticed the stage show was coming to an end (and nearly pooped my pants when the fireworks shot off) and tried to rush to beat the characters exiting the stage but JUST missed it. So I got a little character parade.
43104529391_9f45fcd703_c.jpg

42199779955_96a446985a_c.jpg

41293137900_09729ab828_c.jpg

Flanking their captain.
28235405737_faa660bea8_c.jpg

43054467382_4ba1cf7460_c.jpg

I was really excited to see Rey, who gave me a little wave and head nod. I love her so much! Chewie pointed at the Porg. Because I was so excited this is the best photo I got.
43104527751_096bf4c7e7_c.jpg

I followed the character procession to the Launch Bay.
42199778615_0bb97aab7f_c.jpg

In Launch Bay I basically sat on a bench and refreshed the app until I was able to modify my Tower FP to 1:10 which meant it would be good by the time I walked over there. In the Star Wars shop I had a conversation about Porgs with a CM. He told me that the Porg plushes have been sold out since January in parks. Doesn’t make much sense to me since I’ve definitely seen them in Disney stores, but it was true there were none at Disney World.

After taking all that time to move my Tower FP to immediately effective I got side tracked by the Pluto meet. Disney must really hate children because those Disney Junior queues are directly in the sun. Pluto was the most adorable puppy! He gave me a BIG hug and then did a little dance with me and, of course, I had to tell him what a good boy he is!
28251101657_aab8161e2d_c.jpg

42401890684_6985a3c889_c.jpg

42401894254_b4f5b3d228_c.jpg

42401898274_16b6643211_c.jpg

After saying goodbye to Pluto I used my Tower FP around 1:30!
42199778535_8cf1665168_c.jpg

43120456831_733e545fec_c.jpg

While in the queue I booked a 1:45 Tower FP, so I took a quick bathroom break and then jumped back in line.
42215953785_e58140349a_c.jpg

43054466722_cc3733d9e1_c.jpg

In the queue for the second time I booked a 2:10 FP! I was only able to find a FP for 2:40 this time, so after my third ride I called it quits.
28251096527_b9ec15e99f_c.jpg

Being solo is so awesome because you can ride Tower of Terror as many times in a row as you want! And it's probably easier to find a FP for one person.

Up next: Disney Springs!

Last edited:
I love your Pluto pictures so cute.

I agree, the Mickey themed ride does not fit in the Chinese theater at all!

Yay to ToT FP x 3! I did a lot of refreshing this trip and it did work well to change the times.

We definitely enjoyed the room - I'd stay there again if there was a good discount! Garden wing doesn't interest me much, but the tower is so expensive it's often much cheaper to just stay at my favorite, Animal Kingdom Lodge! I'm really glad you had an incredible trip! Are you writing a TR?

I was only able to stay at the Contemporary because I had an amazing discount. I'm a CM and came across a 50% off listing that was gone by the next week. Doubt I'll get that lucky again, so I jumped at it. They discount Club Level and Garden Wing for CMs a lot, but I never see basic Tower Rooms, which is what I wanted. I couldn't believe it and booked it completely on impulse. One of the better decisions I've ever made.

AKL and WL are highest on my list of the next ones to try. I'd also jump at the Poly or GF if I came across a good deal, but those tend to be out of my price range. And I'd love to do an Epcot area resort at some point for convenience, but none of the themes stand out to me. I'd probably go with which ever had the best deal.

I am doing a trip report! I have a completed Pre Trip Report as well. Both linked in my signature. I've only just started my TR, but I've been organizing and going through all my photos and organizing notes. Hoping to get started soon!

Love the RnR ride photo!

Oh gosh you're so right about those mickey cartoons being like ren & stimpy! It's creepy!

Adorable pics with Pluto!

Nice luck getting to ride ToT 3x!!

Love the Pluto photos. Looks like it was a fun meet. And yes! Those lines are right in the sun...

Riding TOT 3 times in a row must've been fun! I definitely miss the days where I could hop on coaster after coaster, it adds an element of excitement to park touring.

ah refresh, I only started using it on my last trip because I never knew it was a thing and it is such a game changer!

Nope. All the DVC rooms are in BLT next door.

That's kinda cool! but also kind of a bummer for DVC members

That's awesome!

I had a great time!

I love your Pluto pictures so cute.

I agree, the Mickey themed ride does not fit in the Chinese theater at all!

Yay to ToT FP x 3! I did a lot of refreshing this trip and it did work well to change the times.

Aww thanks, it was a great meet!

Yeah, I'm trying to keep an open mind with it, but so far I'm very meh.

It makes such a difference!!! Love refresh so much!

I was only able to stay at the Contemporary because I had an amazing discount. I'm a CM and came across a 50% off listing that was gone by the next week. Doubt I'll get that lucky again, so I jumped at it. They discount Club Level and Garden Wing for CMs a lot, but I never see basic Tower Rooms, which is what I wanted. I couldn't believe it and booked it completely on impulse. One of the better decisions I've ever made.

AKL and WL are highest on my list of the next ones to try. I'd also jump at the Poly or GF if I came across a good deal, but those tend to be out of my price range. And I'd love to do an Epcot area resort at some point for convenience, but none of the themes stand out to me. I'd probably go with which ever had the best deal.

I am doing a trip report! I have a completed Pre Trip Report as well. Both linked in my signature. I've only just started my TR, but I've been organizing and going through all my photos and organizing notes. Hoping to get started soon!

Same for us! We got an amazing conference rate.

AKL is the BEST, but I'm dying to try WL.

I'll have to check it out!!

Love the RnR ride photo!

Oh gosh you're so right about those mickey cartoons being like ren & stimpy! It's creepy!

Adorable pics with Pluto!

Nice luck getting to ride ToT 3x!!

Haha thanks!

It's sooo creepy, none of the charm of the original cartoons, I can't even stand to watch them.

Thank you! It was a very fun meet!

It was! Refresh is my best friend!

Love the Pluto photos. Looks like it was a fun meet. And yes! Those lines are right in the sun...

Riding TOT 3 times in a row must've been fun! I definitely miss the days where I could hop on coaster after coaster, it adds an element of excitement to park touring.

It was a really fun meet, Im glad I waited, but man was it hot!

Maybe once your kids get older they'll want to do that! Or at least Landon might...

ah refresh, I only started using it on my last trip because I never knew it was a thing and it is such a game changer!

It really is a game changer, I wasn't sold on FP+ until I really utilized it

Day 5 - June 25th - Disney Springs & More!

After my multiple rides on Tower of Terror I’d pretty much accomplished everything I wanted to do so I left the park. I decided to visit Disney Springs. When I got to the bus stops I saw that Disney Springs buses don’t run until 4 pm from the parks, so I was debating what to do. I was leaning toward taking a bus to Port Orleans and then a boat to Disney Springs, which obviously isn’t the most direct way but I was having a brain fart. Luckily, a Saratoga Springs bus was at the closest stop and I realized that would, obviously, be the best choice so I boarded. Unfortunately the bus driver didn’t know which stop was closest to the Disney Springs pathway, and none of the passengers did either. He told me it was The Springs stop – I get why he’d think that but it didn’t seem quite right to me. I was thinking the correct stop was Congress Park but I didn’t follow my gut.

The Springs was definitely the wrong choice, but I got to see their feature pool! It didn’t seem too far away, but Saratoga Springs is confusing! I ended up asking a guest for directions and she offered to walk me since she was heading in that direction anyway. She was from Texas and she was so friendly; I was eternally grateful for her kindness!

Once I got to the water I knew where I was going. The views of Disney Springs are so lovely! It was kind of windy and looked like rain soon so the balloon was grounded.
28277814817_312246343b_c.jpg

28277813127_46f537d01c_c.jpg

28277810757_b1f49fab7b_c.jpg

I was pretty hungry at this point and Earl of Sandwich is conveniently close to the pathway from Saratoga so it was an easy decision for me.
28235403807_4a1eaf2a62_c.jpg

I thought about getting the pizza bread but went with a sandwich in the end.
28235403627_e547988cc3_c.jpg

Chipotle Chicken Avocado - Grilled Chicken, Bacon, Cheddar, Avocado, Lettuce and Chipotle Sauce

This sandwich is one of my favorites and it never disappoints!

Rejuvenated from my meal I explored some stores. This wall was cute in Tren-D!
42199777655_8aedf475ca_c.jpg

I stopped in World of Disney, which was still under construction. One of the rooms they had open was a temporary space that seemed like it had once been part of the stock room/backstage area.
43104525581_5087bd9d25_c.jpg

I also visited the Marketplace Co-Op which might be my favorite store in Disney Springs. I bought some postcards, but it appears I never took a picture. After the Co-Op I went in the Polite Pig to grab that incredible chocolate chip cookie. There were only two groups ahead of me but it took FOREVER. They had a million questions about the menu, and although there were tons of employees standing around doing nothing they only had one register open. I was kind of in a hurry because I wanted to beat the afternoon storm, so it was frustrating. Eventually they opened another register (that family was STILL debating) and I bought my $8 cookie. Yes EIGHT dollars. I almost changed my mind when I saw the price but it was on my to-do list and it was huge and they had pass discounts. Pictures will come later!

I kept speed walking through Disney Springs after that.
29232149638_c3c0e0753a_c.jpg

I peeked in Sprinkles thinking I might want to try a cupcake, but they all looked boring.
43054465722_0fe83f044f_c.jpg

42199777675_3c6acd718d_c.jpg

The last store I went in was Sephora. If you thought I’d leave without going in Sephora then you don’t know me very well! I needed some chapstick and sunscreen and I’m always on the hunt for the perfect foundation. $72 later I left the store with my necessities and some foundation samples. Bonus of being in Sephora was that I missed the afternoon rain while I was in there!

My feet were tired so I decided to head out. Maybe someday I’ll get back to West Side. The sky looked really cool after the rain!
29232149328_be096d81ea_c.jpg

I waited for a while but it being the middle of the afternoon meant less regular bus service so I decided I’d take whichever bus came first: Poly/Grand, or Contemporary. I tried refreshing for a Flight of Passage FP in the evening but was unsuccessful.

And Poly/Grand it was!
29232149488_01bb75c1c1_c.jpg

I didn’t realize how much I missed and enjoyed the Poly until I was back there. And it looked exceptionally beautiful this time of year!
42386025764_28f0e7908e_c.jpg

42386025454_04f02d46d2_c.jpg

42199776435_f8158e1b4b_c.jpg

41293135880_7071120aa5_c.jpg

It definitely felt much more like home than Contemporary did. I’d say at this point I’d rank Poly as my 3rd favorite resort behind Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Port Orleans (they’re tied).
41293135390_547d040f61_c.jpg

43104522571_9ee293cae1_c.jpg

I said hello to our wonderful room from March. Oh, how I loved that room!
41293134950_8c3827d742_c.jpg

28235400197_6d5321d724_c.jpg

42199774625_b709573749_c.jpg

seriously, could it be any more lovely?
42199774545_6315ee4142_c.jpg

42199774995_55ca2f058f_c.jpg

I took a quick look around the Grand Ceremonial House, pressed some Stitch pennies for Sam, then went to the monorail.
42386024044_69cd87a3c0_c.jpg

43054464442_b285ee5644_c.jpg

29232147948_6db98d9f31_c.jpg

Up next: back to the Contemporary!

Last edited:
I was pretty hungry at this point and Earl of Sandwich is conveniently close to the pathway from Saratoga so it was an easy decision for me.
28235403807_4a1eaf2a62_c.jpg

I miss EOS…last trip we skipped it and tried D-Luxe burger instead.

I didn’t realize how much I missed and enjoyed the Poly until I was back there. And it looked exceptionally beautiful this time of year!
42386025764_28f0e7908e_c.jpg

Gorgeous :love: We'll be there in 37 days :cool1:

It definitely felt much more like home than Contemporary did. I’d say at this point I’d rank Poly as my 3rd favorite resort behind Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Port Orleans (they’re tied).

So Mike and I will be staying at AKL for three nights in October and then I have POFQ booked for next April for three nights, pre-cruise so I'll be checking out your favorite resorts very soon!

I have been trying to figure out a room request for AKL and I am so confused. We are staying in Jambo in a Standard Studio the first night and a Value Studio the next two nights. Any suggestions for room requests?

I miss EOS…last trip we skipped it and tried D-Luxe burger instead.

Ugh this is my dilemma, I always want to try new things but then EOS is such a faithful standby!

Gorgeous :love: We'll be there in 37 days :cool1:

I'm so excited for you! And excited that I'll have another trip report to read!

So Mike and I will be staying at AKL for three nights in October and then I have POFQ booked for next April for three nights, pre-cruise so I'll be checking out your favorite resorts very soon!

I have been trying to figure out a room request for AKL and I am so confused. We are staying in Jambo in a Standard Studio the first night and a Value Studio the next two nights. Any suggestions for room requests?

Ooooh yay!! I feel like I've been really hard on Contemporary and I feel badly because I know it's your favorite! I just want to say that I did have a wonderful stay there and out of all the balconies I've had it was probably my favorite. It really is a nice resort!!

Oh man that's tough! I know that some of the Standard rooms have partial savannah views so I might look around on Touring Plans and try to find that (I know they're not the most reliable, but it's helped me)! As far as the Value studios I'm pretty sure they all face parking lots on the front of the resort so at that point I'd just request close to lobby on Giraffe Trail. Giraffe is on the side of the restaurants and bus stops so I imagine it will help cut down on walking. Plus I heard there's a "secret" exit staircase to the bus stops in Giraffe Trail though I never could find it. Still, my last stay was in Giraffe Trail and it was a great location!!

Earl of Sandwich is always a safe and reliable choice. I've never had that option before but it looked really good!

Oh boy...8 dollars for a cookie requires a commitment. Like, you have to really want a cookie. I can't wait to see it!

Ahh, the Poly. It did look very pretty in your photos. Such a relaxing resort, glad you got to walk around it for a bit before heading back to your room.

Anyway. Once on the bus I took a selfie with Porridge the Porg! Can't leave him behind when it's a Hollywood Studios day!
Cute!

Look how beautiful the day was! All together, it took over an hour to get from the Contemporary to inside DHS. Kinda crazy.
That is an insanely long time! I had long waits for HS buses on my recent trip too!

I shouldn’t sweat the small stuff, but sometimes I do, and the morning’s wait had made me a little irritable so my first stop was at Starbucks for a pick-me-up. I got my usual iced vanilla latte and chugged some water and felt much refreshed. I also contemplated the Starbucks throughout the parks, and decided the DHS one is the best. It has the cutest theme, and fits in so nicely! They had some cute specialty cupcakes available, though I didn’t get any.
Agreed! Trolley Care Cafe is just so well themed and adorable. I love it!

I was really excited to see Rey, who gave me a little wave and head nod. I love her so much! Chewie pointed at the Porg. Because I was so excited this is the best photo I got.
Fun!

After saying goodbye to Pluto I used my Tower FP around 1:30!
Great M&G with Pluto!

In the queue for the second time I booked a 2:10 FP! I was only able to find a FP for 2:40 this time, so after my third ride I called it quits.
Awesome refresh technique! Your ride pics are hilarious!

It is SO lovely! Now i am feeling homesick for the Poly after my gorgeous week there. :)

I completely agree about Johny Depp changing pirates forever - and for me, not in a good way!

Wow, can't believe you rode ToT so many times in a row! Don't think my stomach could handle that! Kudos to you though!

Most frustrating thing in Disney, well anywhere, getting stuck in line behind people that don't know what they are doing.

Can you believe all the trips to DS and we have never tried EoS, I know crazy right? It always looks so good then when we are there Andi always wants something else, oh well, someday!

The Poly is my favorite of the 3 monorail resorts, I rank them, Poly, GF, CR!

I love your pictures of the resort and the Ceremonial House, love it there!

I ended up asking a guest for directions and she offered to walk me since she was heading in that direction anyway. She was from Texas and she was so friendly; I was eternally grateful for her kindness!

How nice! I love [most of] the people you meet in WDW.

This wall was cute in Tren-D!
42199777655_8aedf475ca_c.jpg

Ooh, I love this! How appropriate!

I also visited the Marketplace Co-Op which might be my favorite store in Disney Springs.

Agreed! It's definitely a favourite. We did some major damage between there and the Ever After store. :scared:

42199774545_6315ee4142_c.jpg

It really is the most lovely...such a pretty resort.

Oh man that's tough! I know that some of the Standard rooms have partial savannah views so I might look around on Touring Plans and try to find that (I know they're not the most reliable, but it's helped me)! As far as the Value studios I'm pretty sure they all face parking lots on the front of the resort so at that point I'd just request close to lobby on Giraffe Trail. Giraffe is on the side of the restaurants and bus stops so I imagine it will help cut down on walking. Plus I heard there's a "secret" exit staircase to the bus stops in Giraffe Trail though I never could find it. Still, my last stay was in Giraffe Trail and it was a great location!!

Thanks! I have been studying the TP rooms map and nothing is jumping out at me. I am thinking of maybe not requesting anything and see what we get. It's a standard view, so I'm not expecting much anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!