return of the Happy Little Thread

PolynesianPixie

Creating my own fairy tale realit
Alright. As the unofficial Guardian Angel of the Camping Community Board as appointed by the unofficial self appointed moderator who's title has been stricken from him (although we happily know who that is).........I feel the responsibility to pull us all up by our boot straps, slap us around a little and insist that morale improve.

Yes, the economy stinks. Yes Disney prices are going up and gas prices are not coming down rapidly enough. Feel free to vent on other threads, because we are all friends here and listening and feeling each other's pain is what friends do.

However, I know, despite troubles, we ALL have something to be thankfull for. Let's post those here.

What's yours?

Also, in an effort to keep all happy....please refrain from using the :goodvibes smiley. Oh heck! I just used it!

I'm thankful that it's one day closer to Friday. :lmao: Does that count?

I am happy that even though the economy stinks. as of now we seem to be holding our own. My husband still has a job and i may soon be going back to work.(still debating) I've had a nice job offer. Some of our friends and family are starting to really stuggle in making ends meet. I have beautiful, healthy children. What more could i ask for.

I am thankful for my wonderful and healthy family, that both my husband and I have stable jobs, and that we are still going to FW in December even though we are REALLY having to save every last dime and cut back in alot of areas in order to go.

I'm thankful that I get to kiss all of my kids goodnight and tuck them into bed every night. I'm thankful that I get to tuck them into bed at Fort Wilderness for the first time in 13 days.

I'm also thankful that they GO to bed every night. :ssst:

I like this thread! :thumbsup2

I am thankful for my husband and my family and that we are all fairly healthy.
I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads and food on the table.
I am thankful that I can come to the Fort once a year.
I am thankful that it is not Monday.

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

This feels much better!

You were reading my thoughts! When life serves you a bowl of lemons, you need to make lemonade. We were served a big bowl of lemons this summer, had to cancel our trip to The Fort, but we've decided to make lemonade instead. Since we couldn't vacation this summer, the grandkids and I are spending our vacation money on Disney decorations and 4th of July decorations for next year. Watch Out, cuz we're going to have Killer decorations for the golf cart parade!! By next summer, surgeries will have healed and hair will grow back. My DIL (age 31) was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in June, but it was caught early, her oncologist is taking an aggressive approach because she is a young mother, and her prognosis is excellent. Look for us next summer in the golf cart parade--our motto is--when you think you have too much, add another layer!!
We have alot to be grateful for....

Alright. As the unofficial Guardian Angel of the Camping Community Board as appointed by the unofficial self appointed moderator who's title has been stricken from him (although we happily know who that is).........I feel the responsibility to pull us all up by our boot straps, slap us around a little and insist that morale improve.

Yes, the economy stinks. Yes Disney prices are going up and gas prices are not coming down rapidly enough. Feel free to vent on other threads, because we are all friends here and listening and feeling each other's pain is what friends do.

However, I know, despite troubles, we ALL have something to be thankfull for. Let's post those here.

What's yours?

Also, in an effort to keep all happy....please refrain from using the :goodvibes smiley. Oh heck! I just used it!

Well, here's a couple of more things I'm happy about. The first is definetly a girl thing---as a by product of the bad economy, I bought Ralph Lauren shorts marked down to $10.00 a pair!! Woo, Hoo!! And now with Edouard moving ashore, we might even get alittle rain.

Oh this is wonderful!!!!! I love reading about everybody's good news!!!!!

PrincessNana~I will pray for your DIL! What a wonderful trip that will be next year when you can really celebrate!

LoveDmouse~you really summed up the important things in life! Health, home and FW!

Mom0f626x3~:woohoo:

Marek~ sometimes there is fun in the challenge. You get to see what you can accomplish! I'll bet you'll appreciate that trip even more when you take it!

VACAMPER~ You've been blessed with those 3 little girls just like me! There is nothing sweeter!

:dance3:

I have three little girls too:dance3: and...two boys pirate: pirate:
They are what I am thankful for.
I am thankful that I will be spending our 15 anniversary at the Fort and WDW and DH's 40th. Pinching pennies but we'll be there.
Loretta

Karen I'll keep your DIL in our prayers.

I'm thankfull that I have many beers in my 'fridge:woohoo: and a wife that will help me empty it.

I am thankful it is not one day closer to Monday. Dang it, it is always one day closer to Monday so I take that one back.

Okay, I'm thankful that there are people who are thankful.:thumbsup2

I'm thankful for the Disboards! Gives me some entertainment during work. :thumbsup2

I'm thankful for my family, my church family, and the opportunity to go back to FW! :banana:

And of course to my mom and dad for making me a huge Disney nut! :cheer2:

I'm happy my trip to the Fort in October is paid for. :cool1: A few weeks ago a group of five of us at work hit the MegaMillions for $10,000. On a five-way split, after taxes, it was about $1,380 each. Made things much easier.

I'm thankful for the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich I'm currently chowing down. Pretty darned tasty considering it's a Florida substitute of the real deal.

I am happy that you all are happy.....really, I am! I'm not saccharine....I'm real live sugar, people! Sickening....I know.

But anyway,

I'm also happy that on saturday I spent ALL DAY organizing the play room..........and it still looks nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy that on Friday, we have family coming into town to celebrate DDs birthday. Along with 10 of her friends. 10 twelve year old girls sleeping over at my house........I may need to rethink being happy about that one.....

I'm happy that my in-laws are a bunch of strong, southern women and that my girls get to grow up with them as role models.

I'm happy that I'm going to FW in December and that my hubby has finally accepted the fact that Disney needs to be a part of our lives. He's not thrilled about it. But accepts it. Mostly because he thinks I'm one heck of a fabulous woman and that I'm too good for him and he should keep me happy. I'm happy about that, too.

I'm happy that despite the ridiculous rise in grocery and gas prices that I can still afford rum! pirate:

I'm happy that I get to consider all you lovely people my friends!

They havent stop making Bud select yet
I have 2 great jobs
A loving wife and 2 teenage sons (hopefully both will survive being teenagers)

Despite our busy and hectic lives we have an awful lot to be thankful for.

We wanted to get to FW this summer but it just wasnt gonna happen, that will make the next trip that much more special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter