Return Luggage Check in at port

NancyDVC

DIS Veteran
I know from these boards that some airlines provide luggage check in at the port.
Does anyone know which airlines do this right at the port. We are cruising Sept. 11 and will have my Mom with us. It would make the trip so much easier if we can check our bags at the port and take the DCL bus to the airport. (We plan to fly in the day before and drive to the port to stay overnight.)
:wave2:

These were the airlines as of January, when I called the port directly before our cruise to verify:

American, Delta, Northwest, US Air.

We booked both our flights through US Air, but our return flight was actually operated by United so we were unable to check our bags at the port. Frustrating, since that was the reason I chose US Air to begin with. Live and learn!

:earsgirl:

How does this work? We are on a Northwest Flight and would love to chleck our bags at the port on the way to the airport. Do you schelude this in advance? We booked everything seperately, so Disney has no connection to our flight, does it matter?

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Tandyc
We did this 3 weeks ago and also booked our air and transfers ourselves.

You just get your luggage and proceed to outside the terminal to the proper check in(airline). It took us 3 minutes to check our bags at the port.

We also decided to use the Disney busses for our return trip to the airport($25 each). It was a very simple and easy process and will do it again.

:cool:
Julie, Nick & Cindy
Thanks for the info. Just what I needed.
We usually fly Delta but we flew American 3 weeks ago to WDW because it was cheaper. Now I just have to reconcile cost with flight times. I am of course presuming that Delst check in includes 'Song' their new low cost air service, because almost all the Delta flights (at the times I want to fly) out of La Guardia are now Song.
Decisions, decisions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter