return cruiser benefit?

Yes. Everyone who sails is automatically enrolled in the Castaway Club, although sometimes you have to call the cruise line to get your membership materials. For returning cruisers, there is a cocktail party with the captain and a stateroom gift (ours was a nylon carry-on bag with DCL logo). And, if you book a new cruise within 60 days of sailing and sail within 18 months, you'll get a stateroom credit of up to $200, depending on what stateroom category you book.

There's more info on DCL's website (link).

Is the Castaway Club gift per person or per room? For instance, my mom and I are staying in one room, but are each CC members. Will we EACH get a gift? What is the reception like? Do you get to meet the captain and get autographs? What night is that usually on? Have people found that the gift program is consistent. That is, has every found one in their room when they should? We are CC members, but the rest of my family who are going with us are not. How will my mom and I know when the reception is and such. Will we need tickets or our cards to present?

Originally posted by Mboothby

Is the Castaway Club gift per person or per room? For instance, my mom and I are staying in one room, but are each CC members. Will we EACH get a gift?
I believe it's one gift per stateroom.

What is the reception like? Do you get to meet the captain and get autographs?
Very nice informal reception. Nice hors d'ouevres and complimentary drinks. Yes, you'll get to meet and chat with the captain and other senior staff.

How will my mom and I know when the reception is and such. Will we need tickets or our cards to present?
You will receive an invitation which you will need to present for admittance. But the other people in your party may join you for the reception.

On our past cruises the party has been held on Monday, at Rockin Bar D', Deck 3-Forward, from 5:15pm-6:00pm.

All-

I guess I missed the fine print on the book within 60 days part. I thought you just had to sail within 18 months. Does that mean I am out of luck on my shipboard credit since its past 60 days? If that is true, is there any advantage to still booking within the 18 month period?

Thanks,
Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter