Retirement party ideas

semo233

DIS Veteran
My father is 73 and has decided to retire. We are having a casual party for him and his friends at his house....he just doesn't know about it! My mother is in on it.
Do you have any ideas for decorations, activities, etc.? I thought about having one of those big desk calendars around for people to fill in with ideas to keep him busy (ceremonial burning of the briefcase, sleeping in, early bird specials, senior day at certain stores, etc.). They can be joke or serious things.
All ideas are welcome! We have one month!

When my friend retired last year we made up silly lyrics to songs, about her work life, made a circle around her and sang them to her. I think she liked it.

When Mom retired, she wanted to travel. We gave her a beautiful globe with little flags marking all the places she'd been, and different colored flags for the countries she'd said she wanted to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter