• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rethinking our strategy. Does anyone do this?

S

susy

Well, even after posting that we are "disneyed out", you may notice that my countdown timer is still ticking!

Our biggest complaint about our trips is that they don't seem like a "vacation". Just lots of running around. Since we have done the parks over and over, I think we need to restrategize!

How does this sound?

1. Sleep in late-for us at Disney, this would be 6am.
Enjoy our balcony!!!

2. Get dressed and go to breakfast or have room service.

3. Go the the Pool!!! Swim, relax, read, drink:sunny:

4. Nap/relax in the room.Enjoy the balcony!

5. Dress for dinner

6. Go to the parks around 4-5ish or maybe DTD or Boardwalk

7. Ride

8. Dinner

9. Parade/Fireworks

10. Lounge

11. Bed

You can get a lot done in the parks in the evening, if the park is open late. Even 4-8pm would give you 4 hours. We are good for about 3 hrs max.

sounds good to me. Actually, on our last day we slowed down alot and seemed to enjoy it more. Maybe try looking at things differently than usually. I mean if you have a normal list of places to go and things to do, totally change that. Go away from the norm and look for some new magic just for your family.:wave:

Originally posted by susy
Well, even after posting that we are "disneyed out", you may notice that my countdown timer is still ticking!

Our biggest complaint about our trips is that they don't seem like a "vacation". Just lots of running around. Since we have done the parks over and over, I think we need to restrategize!

How does this sound?

1. Sleep in late-for us at Disney, this would be 6am.
Enjoy our balcony!!!

2. Get dressed and go to breakfast or have room service.

3. Go the the Pool!!! Swim, relax, read, drink:sunny:

4. Nap/relax in the room.Enjoy the balcony!

5. Dress for dinner

6. Go to the parks around 4-5ish or maybe DTD or Boardwalk

7. Ride

8. Dinner

9. Parade/Fireworks

10. Lounge

11. Bed

You can get a lot done in the parks in the evening, if the park is open late. Even 4-8pm would give you 4 hours. We are good for about 3 hrs max.

That sounds like what we do, except the sleeping in is until 9am.

Yep, since we go so much we like to enjoy the resorts and some down time. Over T'giving we spent 1 day just taking in AKL and the other days only did 1/2 day of park at the most. We don't feel the need to "do all the parks" anymore. This past weekend we did want to do the parks, but just did MK and Epcot.
We make time to sit on the balcony, swim in the pool, eat at OUR resort and walk around and explore. Resorts are really theme parks in themselves ;) !

That sounds like a terrific schedule. We always come home needing a vacation from our vacation. I build in down days into our stay. one or two park days and then a relaxing water park day followed by a nice dinner out. This year we are even taking a day off to take in a spring training ball game, very relaxing for us. I just can't seem to leave a park once I get in there.

Your schedule sounds wonderful, very similar to what we will be doing for 18 days in April /May! Only difference for us, is several spa treatments will be added in between 3 and 4 !! Cannot wait!!!::MinnieMo

For our next trip we have built in a down day every other day. So we will go to the parks one day then have a day off, and over and over again until the end of the trip. Hoping this way we won't come home sooo exhausted. Also, hoping the weather is nice enough to just enjpy a down day by the pool.

After we had two trips of really going hard, we decided that since we were going to be going back, it was time to take it easy. We have enjoyed our last two trips of getting up whenever and maybe being at a park by lunch if then. We just played our days by ear. We did have two character breakfasts this past time and have decided that we've had enough of those as well. We enjoy relaxing and taking it all in without running around so much.

I say your new strategy looks great and I'll bet you'll have a much better time if you go with that in mind.

Instead of taking a vacation.....from my vacation I've learned to Relax . For me, I take personal time every morning. A quick workout, USA Today, a cup of Java, take a seat on the beach in front of the BC, watch other people out for their morning walk, the groud crews making everything beautiful. And the one thing that really stands out, is how quiet it is eary in the morning.

Now, that the battery is recharged. It's on to wake up the girls, (if not already up ) and off on are adventure for the day.

What a difference from the early years, of commando vacationing.

You really can stop and enjoy oneself. :cool2:

That's how we do it now. This was the first year we had annual passes. On our last trip it, we arrived at the hotel around 1pm and just hoped over the the magic kingdom for a little lunch, hit a couple of rides and then headed back to the room to relax.

It was great. I don't miss the Disney Commando in me.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter