Resurrecting an oldie but goodie! What is the craziest thing you have witnessed on a cruise?

I don't think you would have booed this family. You seem like a nice person and if you have seen how stressed out they all looked, you would have realized it was an emergency of a very bad mistake. I think they all lost a couple years of life after that one. They certainly weren't thinking the ship should wait for them because they were special. I'd post the video, but I wouldn't want the family to feel bad if they lurk here.
I dont think I would boo someone that was rushing and obviously seemed stressed. But Id still be very irked at them because, more likely than not, it was not an emergency that kept us all waiting

A child can use pull-ups if they can't use a potty. Portables are unsanitary and don't belong on a ship.
Sure. Until they scream and scream they want to go potty and not wear a pull up. On the boat we used ours as a seat on the toilet because my daughter was too little. When out and about we occasionally use a plastic bag that then gets tied up and thrown away.

Does anyone have any stories to add to one of my favorite DCL thread subjects?

For those who may have missed it, this is an excellent thread of this nature: Craziest Table Mates

Last edited:

We were on the Magic several years ago during what must have been a school holiday for Jewish schools as there were many families aboard who had the prepared kosher meals in the dining rooms. One man at guest services was very unhappy because his travel agent had promised him a 24 hour kosher buffet. I could not imagine what an awful TA he had to promise such a thing. I mean Disney doesn't even offer a 24 hour non-kosher buffet!

Standing top deck,forward on the Fantasy my hair was standing on end from the static in the air during a lightning storm off in the distance. We decided not to stay there for to long.

We were on a 3 night cruise. Me, daughter and my mom. We shared a table with two friends and the daughter of one of them. Great, no problem, that's fun. On Castaway Cay day, we ran into them, and they asked if we could watch the friend's daughter while they went to get lunch from Cookies. Three hours later(!!!!) they had not returned, we couldn't find them anywhere, and had to contact security because we were ready to head back to the ship and had no idea what to do with this child. They finally located the two women, both quite drunk, and we were able to go back to the ship. I was like...there's Scuttle's Cove right there, why not just leave her there if you wanted a break? I felt terribly for the little girl, but still. They acted like nothing was wrong at dinner that night. That was super weird for me.

We were on a 3 night cruise. Me, daughter and my mom. We shared a table with two friends and the daughter of one of them. Great, no problem, that's fun. On Castaway Cay day, we ran into them, and they asked if we could watch the friend's daughter while they went to get lunch from Cookies. Three hours later(!!!!) they had not returned, we couldn't find them anywhere, and had to contact security because we were ready to head back to the ship and had no idea what to do with this child. They finally located the two women, both quite drunk, and we were able to go back to the ship. I was like...there's Scuttle's Cove right there, why not just leave her there if you wanted a break? I felt terribly for the little girl, but still. They acted like nothing was wrong at dinner that night. That was super weird for me.
I can't even imagine. That would be super weird for me, too. Like, I might have tried Cabanas dinner service just to avoid the awkward. Plus, DS13 is super vocal bordering unintentionally confrontational. That could have gone sideways at our table :rotfl2:

We were on the Panama Canal cruise a few years ago, and I got up early one morning and went up to the top deck to photograph the sunrise. There were a few other passengers out and about as well. I was standing there taking pictures and a lady stopped next to me and watched me for a few moments. She finally asked me what I was doing, and I was a little puzzled, but told her I was taking photos of the sunrise. Her response?? "Well, you know it's not the real one, right?"

:confused::confused::confused:

To this day, I still can't quite figure that one out!

My first cruise was in 1980 on the M.S. Mermoz, a ship owned by the French Cruise Line Paquet.
The top deck was the Solarium deck. An area set aside for sunbathers. Went up while touring the ship. None of the sunbathers had to worry about tan lines!:rotfl2::banana::thumbsup2

On the Magic, I got on an elevator with a very elderly gentleman (I'm guessing 70's) and an adorable little boy. I said, "You must be having fun with your grandson." He said, " This is my son." I was mortified and of course we were trapped in an elevator. 🙄

Hey fellow WBPC cruiser!! "Unprecedented" but always with "an abundance of caution!"

We too were on that "interesting" cruise. Which started getting interesting when we missed our second port of call due to a midnight turn-around for a Brightstar. I asked later and was told that the guest was in guarded but improving condition.

The really funny (looking back on it now) thing was how every time the announcement chimes would sound and the captain came on the mic, every guest on the ship stopped cold. No matter what they were doing. Poor Captain Henry! By the second half of the cruise, he started routine announcements with, "This is the Captain speaking, nothing bad to report today."

I just realized I don't have any crazy stories while onboard. I guess I need to cruise more!

I was doing the 5K and it was hot and I was going at a slower pace. I heard someone coming from behind me and he had music playing and it was crazy loud. It was Eye of the Tiger and the guy was running in moccasins!

Not necessarily crazy but annoying!
On a different cruise, I disembarked the ship and could not find my luggage. I had 3 out of 4 pieces and the 4th was no where to be found. I was there for a good hour and had to fill out a lost luggage claim form. Turns out someone took my bag by mistake and it met me at the airport but it's just crazy that no matter how much effort you put into making your luggage unique and marked...it's never safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter