Restaurants with Kids menus!

RaeRae's Mommy

Mouseketeer
Ok I've heard of alot of people ordering off of the kids menu. I know my DM and I will like to do this with DD. My ? is what restaurants that you know let people do this and what restaurants don't at DL, DCA, DTD and DL Hotels.
Thanks for any info.:thumbsup2

Ok I've heard of alot of people ordering off of the kids menu. I know my DM and I will like to do this with DD. My ? is what restaurants that you know let people do this and what restaurants don't at DL, DCA, DTD and DL Hotels.

It's usually just counter service places. This also includes Pizza Port in Tomorrowland, and Plaza Inn at the hub.

In general, I don't believe you can do it at any of the sit-down restaurants. However, you can split a meal at the sit down restaurants for a $4 or $5 fee.

Enjoy your trip. :goodvibes

Thats true that you can order from the kids menu at any counter service rest.:cool1: but we found a way to also order it from the sit down rest. :banana: When we were there in Dec:santa: we ordered from the kids menu alot:rolleyes1 , we stayed at DLH and we ordered from room service;) , and as far as the sit down rest. we just did take outspopcorn:: . We saved so much money and the portions are perfect so we didn't over do it with our diets:woohoo: .

We had 2 adults & 2 kids and we either ordered 3 kids meals and shared it or 2 adult meals and shared it:) , either way everything worked out great:cheer2: . We are planning on doing this everytime we goprincess: .

Aloha Zena :cutie:

problem with disney's kids meals is that they are very, very limited throughout the park. you basically have three choices all around the park from a penaut butter sandwich to a hot dog to a chicken tenders, and most places have just one or two of these options. definetly not a large variety to choose from, and disney's pb&j is an uncrustable sandwich which are very good.

We got mac n cheese for the kiddos at Cafe Orleans. My mom noticed on the menu that it said only til age 9. DS is 10, but I think he will look 9 (very small for his age) for another couple of years. ;) DH and I shared a Monte Cristo and a plate of Pomme Frites, we got 2 servings of fruit since we had to pay the $5 split plate fee. Next time I am going to have to see if they will allow take out here!

My mom ordered the chicken kids meal at Plaza Inn. She got a drumstick, mashed potatoes, veggies, apples and a milk. Plenty of food. Kids and I shared 1 adult dinner, worked out perfectly.

Another poster on these boards loves the kids meal from Rancho del Zocalo of a bean burrito & Rancho even has a smaller meal option---the toddler meal which is chicken in rice & is a very nice size for a toddler or a child with a small appetite or for a snack!

At the Plaza Inn you can get a baked chicken kids meal which is very good. :thumbsup2

The kids meals seem to usually come with carrot sticks and apples, which I appreciate because it is a nice, small healthy touch & can help you feel like you are not just spending days eating junk! :goodvibes

problem with disney's kids meals is that they are very, very limited throughout the park. you basically have three choices all around the park from a penaut butter sandwich to a hot dog to a chicken tenders, and most places have just one or two of these options. definetly not a large variety to choose from, and disney's pb&j is an uncrustable sandwich which are very good.

Thats true most of the counter service options are pretty much the same, but if you do take out from the restaurants then you tend to get alittle more options.

Before I went on our last trip (I am an overachiver planner,lol) I went to I think it was mouse ears and downloaded all the menus for both parks and all the rest. from the 3 Disney hotels then I color coded them in presentation folders so I had (1) for Disneyland, Cali. Adventure, Downtown Disney, DL Hotel, Paradise Pier & Cali. Grand, that way when we were trying to figure out where to eat we just pulled out the menus and we could see what looked good.

I know that sounds alittle anal but it was a real time saver and money saver as well.

I usually get the kids bean burrito at Rancho, and the kids meals at the Riverbelle Terrace look really good too.

Before I went on our last trip (I am an overachiver planner,lol) I went to I think it was mouse ears and downloaded all the menus for both parks and all the rest. from the 3 Disney hotels then I color coded them in presentation folders so I had (1) for Disneyland, Cali. Adventure, Downtown Disney, DL Hotel, Paradise Pier & Cali. Grand, that way when we were trying to figure out where to eat we just pulled out the menus and we could see what looked good.
:worship: OMG!!! I did the same thing and took a big notebook and labeled each section. We kept the notebook at the hotel and looked at it each night to figure out where to eat the next day. I was totally ridiculed and called a "Disney Freak" when friends and family saw it. I'm laughin' now cause they want to borrow it all the time!!!::yes::

I know that sounds alittle anal but it was a real time saver and money saver as well.

We are on a really tight budget this trip, and I was going to do the same. Otherwise, we always wind up hungry with no clue where to go and wind up overspending.

Our daughter was 10 1/2 on our last trip. Even at the table service restaurants, when we told the servers that she only liked the food on the kids menu which was the truth, they told us it was no problem for her to order from there. So, I do think they make exceptions although I doubt they would do it for an adult.

Actually, in the last year they have made some big changes in kids meals. They have made them much healthier. You can now find things like grilled chicken breast a the french market. The other choices there are mac and cheese or chicken tenders (no more mickey nuggets). Riverbelle has kids prime rib or turkey sandwiches. Pizza port has a mini pizza or spag. /meatball. Most, if not all, of them come with baby carrots and fruit (grapes, apple slices or strawberries depending on location and season). In DCA ds had mini burgers and waffle fries at test pilots and a hot dog meal at award weiners.

I'm one who loves the bean/cheese burrito with rice at Rancho, and I adored the penne marinara at Plaza Inn!

We actually cannot have the Uncrustables, b/c I hate them and DS and DH can't eat corn syrup or high fructose corn syrup (Uncrustables have both, thanks so much Smuckers!), and we don't eat meat, so we definitely notice the others.

Gotta say, though, DS wouldn't even *touch* the mac/cheese from Blue Bayou. I was so annoyed at him for not eating it that we had it boxed up, then as soon as we got outside we noticed that it was nearly glowing, it was so nuclear-orange. I took a bite and ooh it was nasty. We threw it away almost outside BB it was so gross.

I have the opposite 2 bog tall boys who eat like horses, forget about kids meals they eat the grown up meal and pick at my food after!

Gotta say, though, DS wouldn't even *touch* the mac/cheese from Blue Bayou. I was so annoyed at him for not eating it that we had it boxed up, then as soon as we got outside we noticed that it was nearly glowing, it was so nuclear-orange. I took a bite and ooh it was nasty. We threw it away almost outside BB it was so gross.

My kids had something at BB (I think it was called citrus chicken drumettes on noodles). They each had about a bite and wouldn't eat anymore. I tried a bite and it was pretty bad.

With the prices that BB charges, you would think they could offer better kids meals. We are not bothering to eat there this trip.

Thats true most of the counter service options are pretty much the same, but if you do take out from the restaurants then you tend to get alittle more options.

Zena I could not fine the menus on mouse ears. Can you let me know if I'm just missing something. I did find DL and DCA menus on allears.com but not DTD and the disney hotels. Thanks for any help you can give me.:thumbsup2

Zena I could not fine the menus on mouse ears. Can you let me know if I'm just missing something. I did find DL and DCA menus on allears.com but not DTD and the disney hotels. Thanks for any help you can give me.:thumbsup2

allears has the dtd and disney hotel menus on it. I was just on there last night and saw them.

Here is the link: http://www.allears.net/dlr/din/dining.htm

You have to scroll all the way down to see all of the restaurants. DTD is at the bottom.

Hi RaeRae's Mommy,

I'm sorry it wasen't mouse ears it was www.allearsnet.com . When you get to that website it will actually have WDW info so you will need to click on "Theme Parks" @ the top then scroll down to the bottom on the left hand side and click on "Disneyland" under "Other Theme Parks" then click on "DLR DIning" @ the top of the page and that should give you all the Menus for both theme parks as well as DTD & DLR Restaurants. Good luck I hope it works as well for you all as it did for me!

Aloha Zena

:worship: OMG!!! I did the same thing and took a big notebook and labeled each section. We kept the notebook at the hotel and looked at it each night to figure out where to eat the next day. I was totally ridiculed and called a "Disney Freak" when friends and family saw it. I'm laughin' now cause they want to borrow it all the time!!!::yes::

I know what you mean, I took my two girls and my mom with me on this trip and when I was planning the trip:surfweb: I showed my mom what I had done :teacher: and she thought I had lost my mind:rotfl2: , but the funny thing is:laughing: she was the one who couldn't live without my little "Disney Menu Planners":scared1: . Except she lost them on the Monarail the night before our last night :guilty: so hopefully someone who could really use it and appreciate:cheer2: a good Disney Fanatic Planner found it and put it to good use:idea: .

P.S. I am definitly making another one for our next trip!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter