Restaurant suggestions for Dinner along I-10 or I-75?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Chazon, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Chazon

Chazon Earning My Ears

We're first timers, and are driving down the night before. Trying to decide where along the route to stop for dinner - anyone have any recommendations of a good restaurant between Tallahassee on I-10 and perhaps Gainesville or Ocala for a stop for good food that won't take a long time? Traveling with a 8, 10 and 15 year old.
    We usually like to try new places that we don't have at home (Mobile, AL).

Thanks!

2. CarolynFH

CarolynFH DIS Veteran

Are you looking for fast food or sit-down? On our way in from Texas we frequently overnight in Pensacola (try to time dinner for one of the seafood restaurants y’all have on the causeway-yum!) so are looking for fast food lunch around Lake City. (There’s not much between Tallahassee and Lake City, but lots of choices Lake City & southwards.) We recently tried Zaxby’s (fast food chicken) and enjoyed it; I don’t know whether y’all have them in Mobile or not. I find the billboards to be helpful!

We’ve also enjoyed eating at the 43rd St. Deli in Gainesville, but I just realized it’s not open for dinner, just breakfast & lunch.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Chazon

Chazon Earning My Ears

Preferably sit-down to give us a break from the road - We do have Zaxby's and love it - looking for something more along the lines of a Cracker Barrel or such.

5. CarolynFH

CarolynFH DIS Veteran

Well, there are Cracker Barrels just off I-75 in Lake City, Gainesville and Ocala, if nothing else!

We like local restaurants too but because of our travel schedule we’re rarely looking for dinner when we drive that stretch, so I hope others jump in to this thread! We did find a place in Lake City in October called Jessica’s Bistro, just east of I-75 at the Hwy 90 exit. It wasn’t very busy at all (might do most of its business at lunch time) so was relatively quick for a sit down restaurant. Had Cuban food but other options too. You can check the menu at Jessicasbistro.com to see if your family might like it.

6. arminnie

arminnie <font color=blue>Tossed the butter kept the gin<br

We stop in Marianna, FL at Po' Folks. Casual, inexpensive and good food. My husband likes their fried chicken gizzards (yuck). I like the chicken and dumplings. It's about 60 West of Tallahassee.

7. Chazon

Chazon Earning My Ears

Found them online - looks really good! Thanks for the suggestion! Definitely going in the plans!