Restaurant Bar recommendations needed for 1st solo trip

mhf

Mouseketeer? hah! Princess!
First solo trip in mid-April and am in need of restaurant recommendations. I actually like eating at the bar! Pretty sure California Grill and Raglan Road? Where else is this available? Narcossee's? Does Jock's have food? Have been to Wine Bar George.
ADR's needed to have dinner at bar? Will have 1 day at MK, 1 at EP, plus 1 or 2 other days. Realize Covid may impact availability but I gotta WDW.

Jocks has bar food. Pretty good. Havent been to the others, but I have heard Ragland and Wine bar George is really good.

California Grill lounge/bar is great for solo dining, but not sure if this part of the restaurant is currently open. I also like Hollywood Brown Derby lounge and Nomad Lounge for dining as a solo.

Cali Grill's lounge is open but from what I understand they were using it for restaurant seating for distancing purposes. Walk up may be available though if you check the app.

Hopefully it will be open again by the time you go OP but I highly recommend Crew's Cup over at Yacht Club. It is closed at the moment since Yachtsman's Steakhouse is closed and it serves as the lounge for it. But they have excellent food, specifically the burger there is one of the best I've ever had anywhere.

The charcuterie pretzel at Jock's is fantastic. I'm not sure I could eat it all solo, but I might try.
Abracadabar also had a nice charcuterie.

The Edison appears to be open and has a solid food menu plus incredible drink options (and the theming is worth the visit alone). If you're looking for an underrated experience that's quiet, out of the way, and perfect for solo diners/drinkers, I highly recommend The Wave Lounge at The Contemporary.

Boathouse's dockside bar (Disney Springs) is one of my favorites (weather permitting) - really enjoy sitting out on the water and watching the boats - food is great too. As others have said, Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom is a gem. Love the Brown Derby Lounge in Hollywood Studios but I believe it is currently only serving drinks - hopefully they return to serving food soon. Tutto Gusto is a fun spot in the Italy pavilion at EPCOT - it's small though. Agree with Kylenne that if it's open Crews Cup at the Yacht Club is a great option. I really like the bar at bluezoo (Dolphin) and if it reopens, the bar at Flying Fish (Boardwalk) is my absolute favorite. I've not been but have heard great things about Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge - it's open air and on the water so another weather-permitting kinda spot (they do close when too cold). You don't need reservations to sit at the bar. I know Nomad uses a virtual queue so may need to join the walk-up list through the app - not sure if any others are starting to do that too. Have fun!

Thank you for all suggestions! I decided to try Oga's for dinner as I will be at HS that day. It was a tough reservation to get this morning. Then their reservation system crashed and is still down. Thinking I want to do Narcossee as I'm staying at BLT. May try Geyser Point on arrival day.

My favorites are the bars at Geyser Point and Homecomin'.

Have you, by chance, been to the bar at Homecomin' since DS reopened last summer? I haven't done too much searching through posts yet, but I'm wondering if they're still serving food at the bar. I realize that, if they are, it's undoubtedly tougher than ever to get a spot due to social distancing limitations...but, I'm not sure if it's even a "thing" that I should try for. I'll be at DS without my family for the first time ever. We usually have an ADR for all of us at Homecomin', but I didn't plan far enough in advance to book one for this solo trip. I'm hoping to snag one as my early March date gets closer or head to the bar for some food when I refill my squeeze bottle.

Have you, by chance, been to the bar at Homecomin' since DS reopened last summer?

We ate at Homecomin' during the reopening, but had a table. But, I did notice a couple of folks at the bar. I didn't bother to look if they were eating or just having drinks and was ~11:30 AM.

You might try the Topolino's Terrace Lounge which has open seating and serves the same menu as the restaurant I believe. Some wonderful views from up there.

Epcot...is it possible to eat/drink around the world for dinner? Not excited about San Angel ADR but not sure about this mobile dining either. Crepe+limon slushie sounds good but is it do-able...???
Was able to get Narcossee but only at 5 p.m. Most everything full everywhere for mid-April.

Oga's does not have food, just light bar snacks.
Thank you for all suggestions! I decided to try Oga's for dinner as I will be at HS that day. It was a tough reservation to get this morning. Then their reservation system crashed and is still down. Thinking I want to do Narcossee as I'm staying at BLT. May try Geyser Point on arrival day.

Does Geyser Point require reservations or is it first come first served? Might try it on my next trip. Thanks.

I believe it's first come first served. In Dec 2019, we were asked to put our names down if we wanted a table however, space at the bar was available - nothing needed for that. My husband and I were able to find space there 2 days no issues. Around lunchtime.

First solo trip in mid-April and am in need of restaurant recommendations. I actually like eating at the bar! Pretty sure California Grill and Raglan Road? Where else is this available? Narcossee's? Does Jock's have food? Have been to Wine Bar George.
ADR's needed to have dinner at bar? Will have 1 day at MK, 1 at EP, plus 1 or 2 other days. Realize Covid may impact availability but I gotta WDW.

I don’t know if it’s up your alley or not, but Spice Road Table is operating as a walk up lounge with small plates(you could combine two or three for a meal) right now. It should also be noted Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge in HS is not currently serving food(was my top choice for lunch or dinner in HS in a couple of weeks until I learned that).

Lots of great suggestions here.

I wanted to add Terralina's indoor and outdoor bars as good bar dining options. Tasty food and really friendly service!

Reactions: mhf
My personal favourites are Nomads Lounge, Brown Derby and Geyser Point. The food, drinks and location for all three are top notch.

Also Tambu Lounge at Polynesian. You can get the Ohana bread pudding at the bar!

Reactions: mhf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter