Ressie on Points & want to add a Cash night??

yesdisneyfool

<font color=blue>I won't grow up!<br><font color=r
I've never needed to reserve a room with cash at a DVC resort.

Just decided to extend our Thanksgiving vacation by 1 day and add Friday 11/28/2003 (am on borrowed points already for this trip and need all I have for next big family vacation 11/2004).

I called MS today and asked to extend my stay with a member cash room. She responded that they have some studios available but not for the member discount. ????? I don't understand this.

I called CRO (I am an AP holder) and they have no available studios at OKW for 11/28/2003.

How can MS have a room (at the regular rate) and not give it to a DVC member at the discount and CRO show that there are no rooms (studios) left at OKW.

Do I have to wait until a certain window opens to reserve with cash through MS?

I've looked through the Guidebook and I am a little confused - sounds like I have to wait? Quote from Guidebook "However, any Member inventory unreserved by Members within 60 days of any arrival date may be made available for maintenance, waitlists, and rental."

Do I have to wait until 9/28/2003 to allow members to reserve with points then if a studio is available I can call and get it at the DVC member discount?

Thanks in advance for any help.

They will only allow the member cash discount if they anticipate that the room will not be reserved by members for points, it comes out of the points inventory. At this time, they have not released it for member discount. Being Thanksgiving weekend, they probably figure there's a good chance a member will want it for points. They may release them at 60 days if they are still available. You could see if you can rent points from another member. Good Luck!

Originally posted by DebbieB
They will only allow the member cash discount if they anticipate that the room will not be reserved by members for points, it comes out of the points inventory. At this time, they have not released it for member discount. Being Thanksgiving weekend, they probably figure there's a good chance a member will want it for points. They may release them at 60 days if they are still available. You could see if you can rent points from another member. Good Luck!

Thanks DebbieB, it looks like I did understand the Guidebook. I never thought of renting. I'm going to check with MS in 2 weeks then if still not available, I'll try another option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!