Resorts Tour best time during holidays - Day or Night

RBA2010

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

We are going to be in CBR from 11/27 to 12/05. Its me, my DH and DS(4yr old). We are planning to spend some time visiting all the deluxe resorts to see holiday decorations and their themes. This is our second trip. Our first trip was in 2005 and we did not go anywhere other than the parks and didn't know lot of info that we learned through this site and others. On arrival day, we are going to spend time from afternoon to night at AKL with dinner at Boma so that is covered as we are going to spend day time and night time here. Which of the resorts are best to see during day time and which are best during night time. We have Chef mickey reservation at Contemporary for Monday night and planning to do Chip & Dale campfire at Ft. Wilderness on Thursday night . Can you please suggest about the resorts below and alsosuggest how long should we plan to spend at each of these resorts.

Wilderness Lodge
Ft. Wilderness
Contemporary
Grand Floridian
Polynesian

Beach Club
Yacht Club
Board walk In

Thank you for all your help.
RBA

Ft. Wilderness has a lot to do during the day, but at the time of year you will be there it's fun at night! A lot of the campers will have their Christmas lights and decorations up. If you're going foe the sing along and movie you'll need at least three hours or so!

I think the boardwalk Inn is usually more interesting at night because of the performers on the boardwalk. We've only been over there during the day, but plan to spend some time there in the evening during our next trip. I'm allowing for about four hours to explore the Crescent lake area, and hope to be able to check out all the resorts while we are there...

I hope others have some helpful suggestions for you!

I think I would visit the other monorail resorts on my CR dinner night - GF & Poly.
I might do WL before heading over to the FW campfire.
I'd do YC, BC & BW together on an Epcot or DHS day - as you can walk or take a boat from either park to these resorts.

This is my absolute favorite thing to do at Disney during the Holidays!! I'm happy with day OR night! :flower3:

I enjoy seeing them more at night but i think it's because the outdoor lights are on and everything just "feels" more holiday.

Thank you all for your suggestions so far. I found resort picts thread when checking and Loved picts of all the resorts. I feel like checking all of them. Its a lot to cover in 7.5 days :) 1 day(Saturday) we are planning to take rental car and go to Seaworld. on that day its open till 11 p.m. with christmas shows. I am now debating if we need to skip it. I am so.............excited. Can't wait till Nov :)

nights wins for me - lots of time the outside is decorated too and does not show well durng the daytime.

at night it shines.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter