Resorts to visit for Holiday Decorations

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by camnhan, Nov 9, 2018 at 7:37 PM.

1. camnhan

camnhan DIS Veteran

Looking for suggestions/must see's when it comes to resorts and the Holiday decorations. We plan on spending part of a day during our stay touring the resorts to see the decorations.
    I know for sure we are going to WL as we stayed their 10 years ago during the holiday season and want a picture of the kids by the huge tree again.
    I want to see the Gingerbread House at GF as well....

Any other must see's?

2. cassie58

cassie58 DIS Veteran

GF and WL are definites, and if seeing GF you could ride the monorail to visit the other 2, although not as exciting. In addition to WL, you could take the wagon ride at Ft Wilderness to see the campsites' lights and decor (for a fee) if there at night. We also love AKL, similar to WL with animal touches of course! Beach Club has a chocolate caroseul that is worth checking out, and could see YC and BW displays while there.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. focusondisney

focusondisney DIS Veteran

Definitely Yacht & Beach Club’s displays. As cassie58 said, BC has a gingerbread carousel. YC has a miniature train set up. The villages it goes they are decorated with Disney characters & names of Epcot resort areas. Boardwalk has a gingerbread carnival scene. All 3 are very cute.

5. Perditamarie

Perditamarie DIS Veteran

Are the decorations up now...including go gingerbread houses?

6. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

So far only the gingerbread house at GF has begun construction.

7. mrsap

mrsap Get in losers, we're going Park Hopping!

My favorites are:
    GF (gorgeous tree, decor including Gingerbread house, and live Christmas music)
    WL (gorgeous tree and decor)
    BC (has a beautiful Carousel)

Enjoy!!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 8:35 AM
  8. snappy

snappy Survivor

A couple years ago there was an impressively large Santa scene all done in chocolate at the swan.

9. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

The train display at the Yacht Club is amazing. It is very large and detailed. I love this display. The Beach Club has a great display, too.

The Grand Floridian is must-do, too, and very popular. You'll see a lot of people in the lobby. If you go to the GF in the late afternoon or evening you can hear the orchestra or piano player in the lobby. It makes it more festive when they are playing. :)

My suggestion for the Epcot resort area is to start at the Boardwalk where they have a nice Christmas display, then on to the Swan, where the chocolate Santa and rest of the display is worth seeing. Then head to the Yacht Club and Beach Club where you will be treated to beautiful displays that are much nicer than the first two resorts. :)

There are photographers in front of the Christmas trees at GF, WL and AKL. The Wilderness Lodge and Boulder Ridge buildings have beautiful decorations with great photo ops. :)

10. CynBeth

CynBeth DIS Veteran

In addition to what everyone said I would see the Frozen display at the Contemporary.

snappy and jerseygal like this.
  11. staceywj

staceywj Mouseketeer

Just checking is there any decorations up at any resorts, yet? I would like to go there tonight.

12. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

Wilderness, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Beach and Coronado Springs are my favorites. I'm sure others are great, but those are amazing to me. Enjoy!:santa:

bryanb likes this.
  13. Amunet

Amunet DIS Veteran

Is this display every year or just this year?

14. verleniahall

verleniahall DIS Veteran

Every year

The Contemporary is up and u can watch them work on the Gingerbread House

15. jerseygal

jerseygal DIS Veteran

The Christmas tree at Animal Kingdom Lodge is GORGEOUS!:woohoo: So beautiful, a favorite of mine!Enjoy the holiday season at WDW!:santa:

16. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Mine as well.

jerseygal likes this.
  17. Amunet

Amunet DIS Veteran

OMH, REALLY?! I am so excited! We have plans to do WDW next holiday season :goodvibes
    Huge Frozen fan! If you couldn't tell ;)

18. jerseygal

jerseygal DIS Veteran

Love the vibe of Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower! Wow, wish we were there to see the Frozen display! Miss it already!:cool1::cheer2:

snappy likes this.