Resorts that you must get pics at?

bamamom

DIS Veteran
This is our first family trip to WDW and I have all the plans of pics for my scrapbooks...I was wondering which resorts you recommend for taking pics? I do alot of pics of my kids at different places and then frame them throughout our house (get lots of compliments on my pics). Any tips would be greatly apprecitate...We leave in 8 days :banana:

what resort are you staying at??? are you budgeting time in your schedule to make trips to all different resorts???

i know with us, unless we were eating at a different resort than the one we were staying at, we usually don't have the time to get to the different ones...

some cool stuff is at the all stars...at the sports one, there is a statue of mickey that is a cool place to take a pic at. also between all the buildings, there are different themes, like the football one, we have some really cute ones of the kids sitting on/in the x's and o's...and don't miss the toy story "room"

the jester statue at the pofq, or in front the the paddle wheel at por....so many places, so little time.

Pop Century has lots of over-sized items for pics. They have a huge "90" that my kids sat in and I took a pic (they were all born in the 90's) and they have a life size Goofy with a surf board. Lots of other memorialbilia (sp) of each decade.

Wilderness Lodge is beautiful in and around the pool.

Old Key West by the lighthouse.

The Poly has sculptures that are neat.

That's all I can think of right now. I will post more after I think about it and look through my books.

onedisneylover said:
....so many places, so little time.

my thoughts exactly! we wanted to go check out the other resorts and take pics and there is just not enough time. i told dh that we should go for 10 days next time instead of just a week so we could do more and his reply was....it still would not be enough time to do it all!!!!!!

JMO,
But this is something I have started. Although each resort is lovely, I am only putting the pictures of the resort that we stayed at, or ate or did an activity at in my book. If we did not do anything at that resort, I will not stop to take pictures of it, (or if I do, I do not print it at, I save it for future use). This helps me to tell the story of our trip much better. I hate having random pictures laying around that don't really help to tell the story. Besides, I hope to one day have a layout of each resort that I've stayed at. (meaning I will have to go to Disney several more times...lol) So now each Disney vacation book will feature a different resort!

i agree with merandab4....

if i didn't stay there or didn't eat at that resort, then it really doesn't go with the whole vacation thing.........

and for party of 3, no matter how long you go there, it will not be enough time!!!!!!!!!! i have been there for 11 days, and it still was not enough...and we only swam in the pool 2 x!!!

I agree about Pop Century. I think there's lots of photo-ops there!

My very favorite place of all is the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I think it is the most beautiful place in all of Disney! Get pix of all the animals on the savanna, the lobby (amazing!), the pool area, and all the artifacts around the resort.

being that this is your first trip - there is something you wont be able to understand until you are there (i went to disneyworld in 73 and 04 and wasnt ready myself!) this place is huge and you wont be able to do too much resort hopping!! have fun and snap away!!

dizney-cruiser said:
being that this is your first trip - there is something you wont be able to understand until you are there (i went to disneyworld in 73 and 04 and wasnt ready myself!) this place is huge and you wont be able to do too much resort hopping!! have fun and snap away!!

::yes:: I totally agree with this! I thought we'd do some resort hopping too - I'd read about people doing it & it sounded really neat! Once we got there we realized there was no way we could do that & visit the parks too. If you really, really want to see other resorts maybe you could plan a couple meals at other resorts - and then go to the park closest to that resort on the day you have the PS.

We made a PS for late dinner at Chef Mickey's on our last trip. The original plan was to monorail over to MK for the fireworks afterward. (We stayed at AKL.) The trip took forever, we waited an hour for our PS, we all got cranky, missed the fireworks & had trouble getting back to AKL. Now, there were many problems with all of that but we realized it really wasn't worth it to go see a resort! There's too much to see & do at the parks - and the resort we're staying in - to bother with the other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter