Resort vegetation in February?

autumnpalm

DIS Veteran
This is going to sound like the nit-pickiest question ever, but I'm going to ask it anyways!:laughing:

I've seen a number of resort (and park) photos where the leaves on the trees and vegetation look quite sparse and some of the trees don't have leaves on them. I think the resorts look so beautiful with all their vegetation and landscaping, and I'm just wondering around what time of year the trees/landscaping look like that?

I'll see if I can find a photo to add for clarification!

We've been in May, June and July, and the leaves have always been beautiful. I know it's a really small part of the vacation, but did you find it affected your resort experience at all? We are from Canada so I am crossing my fingers it will be nice and green in February when we are down there this year!

Thanks!:goodvibes

can't help you with February, actually...but we were at Disneyworld the two days after MLK Jr. Day in January 2009...think it was about Jan. 20 or so. There was a LOT of green, lush vegetation...very, very green. Blooming roses, green grass, etc. Only problem we had was they were having near record setting cold while we were in Orlando, so the prettiest vegetation (flower beds) were covered up until mid-day due to hard frost overnight.

Really did not notice "sparse" vegetation on trees or elsewhere. But we were coming from Nebraska, where the landscape had either been dull/dead brown or covered with white for months, so green looked spectacular to us.

Just wanted to add an example or two!

30thanniversary06080.jpg

189195P1000326.JPG

can't help you with February, actually...but we were at Disneyworld the two days after MLK Jr. Day in January 2009...think it was about Jan. 20 or so. There was a LOT of green, lush vegetation...very, very green. Blooming roses, green grass, etc. Only problem we had was they were having near record setting cold while we were in Orlando, so the prettiest vegetation (flower beds) were covered up until mid-day due to hard frost overnight.

Really did not notice "sparse" vegetation on trees or elsewhere. But we were coming from Nebraska, where the landscape had either been dull/dead brown or covered with white for months, so green looked spectacular to us.

Thanks, Catne!:goodvibes That is nice to hear!

I hope it's warm enough for jeans and a tee shirt in February but no matter what, it'll be warmer than the temperatures in Canada so I'm determined to enjoy it!:thumbsup2

tried to access my photobucket account to get some pictures from the parks last January...and guess that site is getting slammed with holiday pic uploads because I couldn't get it to move off the login page. So, looked back in my January 2009 dining review, and there are a few pictures where you can see some of the vegetation...at least enough to see that it really IS green there in the winter: click on my January 2009 review (below in my signature area) and go to Post 17, showing how empty Fantasyland was…you can see the green-leafed trees in the distance. And scroll down a little to see the greenery around the castle in the picture taken from inside The Plaza restaurant on Main Street, Magic Kingdom. In post 21, you can see the green grass & green leafed trees outside the Grand Floridian Café (and the plastic-covered flower bed because of the frost that evening.) I do recall that even though it was much colder than we were hoping for, we still really loved all the greenery & blooming flowers in January. Hope that helps!

True, some trees may have less greenery in the winter months, but the WDW landscapers are busy all year keeping the place beautiful. I've never gone in Jan. thinking, ugh, everything is so bare. There is greenery and beautiful flowers everywhere. Yes, summer is lusher, but I think it's beautiful in winter too!

WDW landscaping looks fabulous any time of year. There might be a few trees without leaves, but in general, central FL is green year round. It will certainly be a lot more green and lively than where you're coming from!

What others have said. It looks very green in WDW for most of the year. It looks nice and green to me! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter