Resort switch...tell me all the good about these!

monami7

DIS Veteran
Due to some unforeseen circumstances we have needed to switch to AoA Lion King suite from the Yacht club and to Port Orleans from Wilderness Lodge.

I was really looking forward to the yacht and wilderness lodge.

Please tell me what you like about these resorts.
Thanks
Heidi

Haven't been to AoA yet....we have a reservation in a couple of months. people I know who have been & stayed have loved it...loved the themeing, said the food court was good. We toured it in July and it looked nice....set up pretty much like Pop Century but with different, and it appeared to be, more heavily themed. Main pool looked nice, had a nice poolside bar. gift shop had the usual Disney souvenir merchandise.

Port Orleans is cute, fairly compact (in comparison to some of the other resorts), well-themed in terms of being like New Orleans. Food court is good. Main pool has the dragon slide which all the kids seemed to be having fun with. They have a cute little boat that takes you to DTD.

You're going from 2 deluxes to a value & a moderate so you need to lower your expectations a bit in terms of amenities, but the themeing etc. in both is good & they each have their own charms.

we have never stayed at a value before. Though i think the kids will love it I am a little worried about the no balconies and the beds.

going from two deluxe resorts down to value and mod is gonna be rough. I love YC and that is my main resort. WL is gorgeous and we stay there with my DVC. Port orleans is like a motel and AOA I have not stayed at.

This may make you feel a little better: We stayed at POFQ last year & WL this past May. We did enjoy WL but we felt POFQ was the better value. The theming of WL was great & it's beautiful & dining options were fantastic but I didn't feel the rooms were much better & for as much as we paid I felt there should've been more amenities. POFQ was amazing & so much cheaper. There are so many on DISboards who swear by POFQ & POR and for good reason. I wanna try all the different resorts but PO is the 1, so far, that I look most forward to returning to.

Each resort has their own charm. AOA theming is amazing!! The CM's were great. The food court and main building are bright and airy and you also have the benefit of POPs food court. If you have an early ADR ask what time the breakfast bus leaves. Love POR resorts as well. Riverside is my favorite resort and FQ my second. Have an awesome vacation. I know your resort stays will be magical!

Ok we have stayed at POR many times and we decided to just book there the whole time. 2 Rooms. I am much happier with this decision.
Thank you all for your comments!
H

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter