Resort recommendations

lovinwdw

DIS Veteran
My husband and i are going back in September for our 2nd anniversary. I was thinking of staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. But, I noticed that it is very big. The last time we went we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. Before that we stayed at Wilderness Lodge. Anyone have any recommendatinos for a moderate resort other than Caribbean?? :jumping4:

The Caribbean isnt that big. It's larger than most other resorts but the longest walk would be about 5 minutes. You can do what I did and request a prefered room like the Martinique or Trinidad North.

My vote is for POFQ. We've tried all the moderates & so far that one is our favorite. Caribbean Beach was nice but we just love how compact POFQ is with everything being a very short walk away. We loved the theme which included tiny little streets, black iron railings, fountains & a giant serpent pool.

That reminds me. I know the resorts are themed. So how does the big serpent fit into Port Orleans?

G00fyDad said:
That reminds me. I know the resorts are themed. So how does the big serpent fit into Port Orleans?

The priest Charlevoix described New Orleans in 1721 as a place with a hundred wretched hovels, in a malarious wet thicket of willows & dwarf palmettos, infested by serpents & alligators.

Hey GOOfy Dad - I see all your Air Force photos - my husband is active duty - retiring May 13th - can't wait - we are in Syracuse NY - Flight Chief in the recruiting squadron here (5 yrs).... before this 3 years in Erie, Pa then before that 12 years at Hanscom AFB in MA - a little trip to the desert while stationed there - and a few trips off to the academy's....

Congrats on the retirement.

I would have stayed but I had DD when I got out and I didnt want her growing up the way I did. 15 different schools in my life not counting college. And no real freinds. :(

that's why he is retiring - at the point now where if he goes on it would require moving every two years and he doesn't want to do that to the kids - they are 15 and 12 - and they really love it here.... our next stop would have been in Georgia - a little warmer than here in central NY - but thats okay.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!