Resort Parking

lhsgrad2000

Mouseketeer
Quick question. My in-laws are joining us at Disney World for 2 days/3 nights. They are staying at the Swan and renting a car at MCO when they arrive. We are staying at Poly and won't have a car. It is $20/night to park at Swan so would they be able to park at the Poly and we could say it is our car for those nights?

they will have to check in at the gate with ID so it might help if their names were on your reservation. To do that you will have to pay $25/day per additional adult, or $50 per day. Someone may be able to chime in with another answer though but that's how it works for me when I check in at the Polynesian, which still has limited parking

If you are driving the car, then you should be able to park it for free at the Poly. When you pull in just tell the security guard that you are staying at the hotel. They will give you a parking pass for your length of stay. You don't have to prove it is your car.

If you are driving the car, then you should be able to park it for free at the Poly. When you pull in just tell the security guard that you are staying at the hotel. They will give you a parking pass for your length of stay. You don't have to prove it is your car.

Exactly

Although, when we stayed at AKL they scanned our bands when we entered with the car after initial checkin - there was no parking pass. All Star Sports had a parking pass. I don't know which method Poly uses, but I'll find out in a little more than a month!!

But you have to have your name on the reservation/ prove that you're staying there. The in laws are not registered at the Polynesian.

1) Walk outside to the street when they arrive and hop in the driver's seat.
2) Drive up in their car.
3) Say "howdy. I'm staying here, and this is my car."
4) Profit

1) Walk outside to the street when they arrive and hop in the driver's seat.
2) Drive up in their car.
3) Say "howdy. I'm staying here, and this is my car."
4) Profit

FYI I'm sure some mod is about to warn you that you're posting how to circumvent the system. :rolleyes2

But yes OP, do this.

Quick question. My in-laws are joining us at Disney World for 2 days/3 nights. They are staying at the Swan and renting a car at MCO when they arrive. We are staying at Poly and won't have a car. It is $20/night to park at Swan so would they be able to park at the Poly and we could say it is our car for those nights?

The issue with this is, if they want to drive in and out of the Poly parking lot during the stay and you (or another Poly registered guest) isn't in the car with them, it will be a problem. They scan MB's when you pull up to the security kiosk at the resort. If they are only driving from MCO to WDW and leaving the car at Poly, as others have said, it won't be a problem as long as a registered guest is in the car with them when they pull up at the kiosk.

You don't mention what they are using the car for. If it's just to get back and forth from MCO to Swan and around WDW, they may want to consider simply using uber. Considering rental and parking fees for a car, uber may be a cheaper, more convenient option for them.

If their car is at the poly how will they use it? Will they bus/monorail to pick it up? Will you drive it somewhere to meet them?

Seems like way more trouble than it's worth but maybe that's just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter