Resort package: how to add a day of park ticket?

biggroofy

DIS Veteran
I've booked Magic Your Way Plus Dining package, and paid in FULL last week. Just now DW is altering some dining ADRs and we will need to add a day park ticket.

Shall I call Disney now to add (can I still modify my reservation after FULL payment), or should I wait until I arrive at WL and do it there?

I would do it after you arrive. If you booked your package before the ticket price increase in June be sure to use the tickets to enter a park before you add another day.

You can do either, add another day now, or wait and add a day when you get there. As mentioned its always better to use your ticket first then add on. Any customer service kiosk in front of the parks can do it.

Thanks.

We will arrive on Christmas week. Let me be for specific: we had a 4 day ticket but only bought 1 day ticket for the grandparents (that's the minimum for dining plan) Now that we booked another restaurant in theme park so need to get them an extra day access to the theme park.

Question is, does it matter if I buy the extra-day ticket after they used their one-day ticket, or it must be BEFORE the theme park tickets are used up?

you have to add the extra day before you use up your tickets otherwise you'll have to buy a full price 1 day.

ktnryansmom said:
you have to add the extra day before you use up your tickets otherwise you'll have to buy a full price 1 day.

If it's not a ticket that's part of a KTTW card with the person's name on it, the upgrade must be done no later than the same day you use the last park entry on the ticket. If its on a KTTW card, you have 14 days whether all the entitlements are used or not.

I booked directly on Disney website, so I believe it should be on KTTW card along with my Dining Plan credits. Then I won't bother calling them to add a day of park ticket now. Tried calling Disney this morning, on hold for over 30 minutes still not yet transferred to a CM.

I was concerned because the grandparents have only 1 day base ticket, and we plan to take them to MK right after we check in. IF I can add-on an extra day ticket @Wilderness Lodge in the evening AFTER we return from MK (i.e. all tickets will be used up on their KTTW card), then it would be easier for me.

The 2nd morning of our stay, we will go to DHS (which will need another day of ticket), and the grandparents wanted to join us for lunch in the theme park.

If it's not a ticket that's part of a KTTW card with the person's name on it, the upgrade must be done no later than the same day you use the last park entry on the ticket. If its on a KTTW card, you have 14 days whether all the entitlements are used or not.

Let me be for specific: we had a 4 day ticket but only bought 1 day ticket for the grandparents (that's the minimum for dining plan)

Question is, does it matter if I buy the extra-day ticket after they used their one-day ticket, or it must be BEFORE the theme park tickets are used up?

I booked directly on Disney website, so I believe it should be on KTTW card along with my Dining Plan credits.

I was concerned because the grandparents have only 1 day base ticket, and we plan to take them to MK right after we check in. IF I can add-on an extra day ticket @Wilderness Lodge in the evening AFTER we return from MK (i.e. all tickets will be used up on their KTTW card), then it would be easier for me.

I am puzzled because you mentioned the dining plan and different ticket lengths.

Everybody on the package has to have the same length tickets so if you have 4 day tickets, but your grandparents only have 1 day tickets you are not all on the same reservation. If they are staying in your room their tickets/dining plan would be the same as yours.

Are your grandparents staying in a different room with a separate reservation number from yours? If so, they could have a different length ticket.

If you booked just tickets for them (no room or dining plan) and they are joining you just for the day, did you arrange to have the tickets at will call? If their tickets are NOT on a KTTW card you will need to add the additional day before the end of the MK day. I would not wait until after you return to the WL because the concierge's desk may not be open. It's hours are not as long as Guest Relations/ticket booths at the parks so better to add the day at some point while you're at the MK.

purple figment said:
I am puzzled because you mentioned the dining plan and different ticket lengths.

Everybody on the package has to have the same length tickets so if you have 4 day tickets, but your grandparents only have 1 day tickets you are not all on the same reservation. If they are staying in your room their tickets/dining plan would be the same as yours.

Are your grandparents staying in a different room with a separate reservation number from yours? If so, they could have a different length ticket.

If you booked just tickets for them (no room or dining plan) and they are joining you just for the day, did you arrange to have the tickets at will call? If their tickets are NOT on a KTTW card you will need to add the additional day before the end of the MK day. I would not wait until after you return to the WL because the concierge's desk may not be open. It's hours are not as long as Guest Relations/ticket booths at the parks so better to add the day at some point while you're at the MK.

Hi Purple Figment, thanks for your advice.

The grandparents are in a separate room (different reservation #) so they can have 1 day ticket only. I opted for adding extra tickets at WL because I assume the queue will be shorter.

Hi Purple Figment, thanks for your advice.

The grandparents are in a separate room (different reservation #) so they can have 1 day ticket only. I opted for adding extra tickets at WL because I assume the queue will be shorter.

Okay, that makes sense. :)

You could ask what time the concierge's desk closes at WL when you check in. Or they could add the day the next morning since the ticket will be on the KTTW cards and there won't be the constraint of adding it before the end of the MK day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter