Resort Mugsand ponco's in your room?

I'd say no.

When we came on our honeymoon 6 years ago, there were ponchos in our room.

Since then, we have stayed at CS, AS Movies, and just got back yesterday from PO Riverside and there were not ponchos in any of the rooms, though they were certainly available for purchase as needed.

Also, the mugs were available at each hotel's food court for about $10.

HTH
JenC

We stayed at CBR in April and there were mugs and ponchos in the rooms. We bought our mugs at the food court and luckily didn't need any ponchos. Hope this helps.

When we have stayed at the moderate resorts they have been in the rooms, however, when we were at the the Contemporary in January, they were not. Nor were they in the rooms in WL in Dec of 2000. Perhaps it is a value/mod thing, but not done in the deluxes.

WL -2000 no mugs or ponchos
Poly Concierge -2001 no mugs or ponchos
Poly GV 2002 no mugs or ponchos

Wow! Ive never gotten either and Ive never even heard of them giving them away. What a good idea! :D

There were mugs in the room at YC this past Jan.

You still have to pay for the mugs and ponchos even if they are in the room! They are not free!

Originally posted by CamColt
Wow! Ive never gotten either and Ive never even heard of them giving them away.
You wish! ;) LOL

The mugs are left wrapped in a plastic wrap. If you unwrap one, housekeeping will mark it down and send it into the front desk and you have purchased yourself one mug. Same thing with the ponchos. If a package is opened or missing, you will find it on your room bill.

I believe you also have to pay the 15% room service fee. We just got back from YC and the mugs in the room were more expensive than the ones we bought at Beaches & Cream-only 51 cents more, but you have to go get it filled anyway:)

In 11/01, neither were in our room!

I knew that sounded too good to be true, that they would be "gifting" you with mugs and ponchos! I hope they let people know in advance that if you open them, you've bought them, and that they are not a free gift!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter