Resort Hopping SSR, Bay Lake, BWV

sandieb

DIS Veteran
Hi, My husband and I came down for a week and have moved between SSR, Bay Lake, and now are at the Boardwalk Villas. We almost always stay at our home resort of the BCV. I can honestly say that all the villas are very nice and have their own personality. This is our first time at the Boardwalk, and I think it rivals any other resort for beauty, cleanliness and good repair. We were really impressed with the staff too - they go way out of the way to make everything very pleasant.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at any, but Boardwalk has sort of floated to the top!

Oh dear....I'm so sorry to hear that!!!!;) This is one of my two home resorts.....and I love it there. And now??? You've gone and let the secret out of the bag!!! One more person that sees what we all love.
In all seriousness.....I'm thrilled you like BWV. It is a beautiful resort, and I've always found the CMs to be wonderful. I love the area, I love the walk to both parks....the only thing I wish they would add is a small food court someplace. Then it would be perfect!!!

When we were at the convenience store on the Boardwalk last week we asked the man behind the counter if we could ship our package to our resort SSR and were kind of ignored by the request so we asked again and the man replied not resort to resort which was fine, but another cast member slap a brochure on the counter and told us this was what they had for services and walked off. We thought he was rude and could have done a much better job explaining it. We are never treated like that at Saratoga Springs. I am waiting for my survey from Disney which I usualy get after each visit and it will be noted. This was not the only place at Disney where we ran into cast members that could care if we were there or not. There are other theme parks beside Disney!!!!!!!!!

When we were at the convenience store on the Boardwalk last week we asked the man behind the counter if we could ship our package to our resort SSR and were kind of ignored by the request so we asked again and the man replied not resort to resort which was fine, but another cast member slap a brochure on the counter and told us this was what they had for services and walked off. We thought he was rude and could have done a much better job explaining it. We are never treated like that at Saratoga Springs. I am waiting for my survey from Disney which I usualy get after each visit and it will be noted. This was not the only place at Disney where we ran into cast members that could care if we were there or not. There are other theme parks beside Disney!!!!!!!!!

You are correct! There are stinkers in every resort, and even Disney has a couple. However, we have been overwelmed by the friendly, polite, "is there anything I can do for you" attitude we almost always encounter.

We have always liked the boardwalk too. The only problem is its hard to find availability there and we are not a fan of the buses. lots of stops at the other resorts.

We have always liked the boardwalk too. The only problem is its hard to find availability there and we are not a fan of the buses. lots of stops at the other resorts.

We didn't have an issue with the buses (although the Yacht & Beach Club sort of fill them up, but we did have an issue with parking so far from the entrance. We ended up using bell services for our luggage and valet for our rental car. That added $50 + to our expenses, but it was worth it to avoid the hassle.

That kind of stuff doesn't bother me if I know what to expect when I book a resort. Acutally, we use bell services everywhere.

One of the BWV highlights for my 2yr old are the balloons they have in the lobby in the afternoon. We go almost everyday to grab a different color. There have been several times when they were all gone and a CM would get one for him in the back! It's just a regular balloon, but it makes his day. :)

would really like a restuarant or even quick service for those days when you don't feel like going to the bw or epcot to eat - but don't really want the cost of in room dinning.

:rolleyes1

BWV has horrible Cast Members, the resort is old, has bad bus service and a scary Clown Pool.

Please Don't Stay There!

:cool1:

:earsboy: Bill

We didn't have an issue with the buses (although the Yacht & Beach Club sort of fill them up, but we did have an issue with parking so far from the entrance. We ended up using bell services for our luggage and valet for our rental car. That added $50 + to our expenses, but it was worth it to avoid the hassle.

That kind of stuff doesn't bother me if I know what to expect when I book a resort. Acutally, we use bell services everywhere.

the stops just get kinda tough at night when there is standing room only usually.

BWV has horrible Cast Members, the resort is old, has bad bus service and a scary Clown Pool.

Please Don't Stay There!

:cool1:

:earsboy: Bill

we like the scary clown pool! actually we've never stayed there, just pool hopped while staying at BCV so your post made me laugh! clowns are def a hot button for lots of people!

Another plus for the BWV is that I had to go to the Screen Door to buy yogurt! The BC Marketplace didn't have any!:goodvibes

Loved your post Bill! :)
Definitely a very scary clown slide. And don't forget those LONG, COLD hallways... very very long and very very cold.
Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter