Resort Game - Let's play

In answer to laurenk - I said it was a tricky question! The answer *isn't* Swan & Dolphin.

I was careful to specify a "Disney resort", rather than a "WDW resort". And since it's the "Walt Disney World Swan", rather than "Disney's Swan Resort", that wasn't what I was looking for, even though they were designed with a monorail stop in mind.

One of the existing Disney-owned resorts has remnants of what was to be a monorail platform. Which one?!

As to Olena and Sea Spray - I'm not sure the Caribbean Beach was the first moderate, because when it opened, there were no value resorts. I have some of the early literature on CBR, so I can look to see what they were calling it at the time.

Obviously, it was the first of what we *now* call moderates.

The answer to that one might be Coronado Springs.

Wilderness lodge???
Noone has answered my last question!! the one about where will you find aan alligator playing the sax!!:)

PO/ French quarter? (I'm so behind on the changed names. LOL)

Where will you find a courtyard of frogs?

tnkrbell, were you answering my question?

If so, Wilderness Lodge is right!

If you go up the stairs on the west wide of the WL lobby, along the front of the hotel, up around the fourth floor or so you can see an open platform through the windows that doesn't seem to serve any purpose. That was originally going to be a platform for a monorail extension.

As much as I love both the monorail and the Lodge, it's hard for me to see them going well together. Poly yes, GF yes, but WL, and all its surrounding woods, I just don't know. (But that's for another thread - this one's much too much fun as it is!)

OK, I'll toss out another, even though it's not my turn - at which WDW resort can you find a mosaic with an obviously out of place tile?

I would guess Contemporary for the tile (the goat again?)

Which resort marina has a family plan for boat rentals?

Which hotel contians a mural designed by Disney animator Mary Blair (known for her background paintings for Sleeping Beauty & Fantasia, also was the major designer for It's a small world)?

Originally posted by cigar95
OK, I'll toss out another, even though it's not my turn - at which WDW resort can you find a mosaic with an obviously out of place tile?

Now that we've come full circle -

Yes, it's at the Contemporary, but it's not the five legged goat. (That's a different sort of flaw, though also mosaic-related.)

It's part of the Mary Blair mural. On the south side, facing the restaurants, there are several long green leaves pictured. (It's been a while since I've seen this, so the details may be fuzzy.) About half way up, one of the leaves looks like there's a bite taken out of it. But if you look closely, you'll see that that particular tile was placed rotated by 90 degrees (pi/2 for you math wizards). By the time anyone noticed, they apparently decided to leave it as is - a bit of reality to entertain those dining at the restaurants with sharp eyes.

My DD and I really thought that little patio at the Wl was kinda cool but I figured ti was the one you were taling about!!:)
THe courtward of frogs Im gonna say Coronado springs/?

Bumping - no one's guessed my lasts question - which resort has a family plan at their marina?

:bounce: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter