Resort dilemma

Cyberc1978

DIS Veteran
Hi

I’m having a dilemma which I would like some opinions on.

My DD7 and I are staying at wdw from 15-22 feb.

First night is at a BCV Or Poly both studios. Remaining nights are at ssr in a 1Br.

We have the deluxe DDP for the first night only.

We arrive at MCO on the 15th at 4pm from an international flight. I expect to be at the resort by 7pm ish.

Same evening we have an ADR at 8.40pm at 1900 park fare.

The morning of the 16th we have a ppo breakfast 08.25am at Akershus in Epcot.

My dilemma is that staying at poly is easy walking to GF, but it’s not when going to Epcot the morning after.

On the other hand staying at BCV is easy walking to Epcot but not to GF for the ADR.

Which resort should I choose and why?

TIA

Regards

I vote stay at BCV. It's easier to roll out of bed and stroll through the IG at 8:00am than to navigate Disney transport to Epcot at that hour (which would mean waking up much earlier).

After checking in, just treat yourself to a Lyft to dinner and back so you don't have to deal with even more waiting; after going through customs, I'm sure you'll have done your waiting for the day.

That's a tough one.

A pre-park opening breakfast at Epcot from a monorail resort means taking the pre-park opening monorail from TTC, which is an easy 5 minute WALK from Poly's DVC long houses. You could also uber it right to the front of Epcot, and avoid the tension of pre-park opening monorail rides. The walk from the DVC poly long houses to GF is 20 minutes, easily, and you might want to take the monorail instead.

On the other hand, getting to GF from BCV is a bus ride to MK, and then a monorail around to GF. Give yourself over an hour to do that trip both ways. Your breakfast at Epcot is a 5 minute WALK from the DVC BCV building to the International Gateway.

Personally, I'd stay at Poly because you'll be exhausted from the flight in, and after eating you'd be dreading the trip back to BCV.

We budget an Uber or two for tight ADRs. I'd stay where your heart takes you and Uber to the hardest ADR to get to from there. if that is not possible, it seems like of the two the Poly might be the easier to get to both. But, we have had the monorail broken on two separate trips just trying to get from BLT to Ohana for a breakfast ADR (thus the budget for Uber/taxi).

hhhmmm, that is a tough one.

If you have to keep both ADRs then it looks like either way you would want to use Uber.

Either Uber from BC to GF for 1900 first night or Uber Poly Epcot second day.

I would rather be able to wake up and walk to IG from BW the second day for Akershus, especially since it is an early ADR,
so I would choose BC (love that walk, it is so peaceful, especially in the morning).

Another option is if you are Ubering either way, maybe just get all the nights at SSR and just plan on Uber
for the first evening and morning? While I do not know how long Poly/Epcot would be, I don't think it would be longer than 10 minutes
but not sure if it is an EMH at park or not either.

I'd stay at Poly. Rather do the Monorail to Epcot than the convoluted transportation to GF. Walking from front of Epcot or IG to Akershus would take around the same amount of time. Either way you need to factor in checking out of your hotel & arranging to have your luggage moved to SSR that morning so I'd try to change that breakfast to another day.

Thanks for your suggestions.

How long is the Uber/lyft ride from poly to Epcot?
BCV to VGF is 5.69 miles. Took 14:11s at 8:30pm on a Friday night three weeks ago. I don’t imagine Poly to Epcot would be much different.

Source: Lyft receipt

Thanks everyone for all your great suggestions.

After reading them all I kind a lean towards BCV as We can walk to Epcot and don’t need to get up just as early as we do at the poly.

As we also need to have our luggage moved to ssr and checkout of BCV the extra time is appreciated.

To save time on arrival day and going forth and back to GF/BCV we will take an Uber.

When we are done at Epcot around midday we can go back to BCV and enjoy SAB until our room is ready at SSR.

Thanks everyone for all your great suggestions.

After reading them all I kind a lean towards BCV as We can walk to Epcot and don’t need to get up just as early as we do at the poly.

As we also need to have our luggage moved to ssr and checkout of BCV the extra time is appreciated.

To save time on arrival day and going forth and back to GF/BCV we will take an Uber.

When we are done at Epcot around midday we can go back to BCV and enjoy SAB until our room is ready at SSR.
It would be helpful to know where you've stayed before when answering here.

But I see you've made your decision, and that's what I was going to suggest also - staying at BCV for the easy, serene and beautiful walk through the International Gateway in the morning to get to Askerhus AND enjoying SAB until your SSR room is ready.

The one thing I'll add is that since I'm committing to that, I would likely change that 1900 Park Fare ADR on my first night to something in the Epcot Resorts area to eliminate the running around factor after a long international flight (and book that restaurant later in the week when I'm over in that area or on a non-park day, etc.). There are so many nice restaurants to choose there, as well, and I'd be glad to just absorb it all the first night without the stress of getting to the MK Resorts area and missing out on a lot of what the Boardwalk area has to offer. (Including something like a surrey bike ride all over the place if you haven't stayed in the area before, including going down the walkway to the Swan and Dolphin OR having a drink outside at the Cabana Bar at the Dolphin when the torches are lit at night, etc.) I get that going over to the GF might mean "being at Disney" to you (I did it myself last trip!) but it's also fun to make new traditions. Time goes by so fast when we're there! (And I don't want to spend it in a Lyft vehicle, which, for me, would kill the vibe!) Anyway, just a thought.

It is tempting to stay at the Poly, as well, the first night, so I can understand your dilemma. But I think you've made the right choice for this particular trip. Have a great one! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter