Residential area of Bay Lake

thealtonroute1982

Earning My Ears
Anyone ever seen the residential area of Bay Lake? I read in an old newspaper article from 1987 that it consisted of a few dirt roads and campers. Only Disney employees were allowed to live there.

Do you have more info ?

Are their some cast roles that require 24/7 for critical issues ? Like emergency flooding in building or something

This property looks pretty basic. (unless it is Golden Oaks ! )

Do you have more info ?

Are their some cast roles that require 24/7 for critical issues ? Like emergency flooding in building or something

This property looks pretty basic. (unless it is Golden Oaks ! )
No. Typically they are long serving CM's or retired from Disney.

Yes, it is very basic. Golden Oak it is not!

Orlando Sentinel did an article on them years ago ~ these photos are from that so you can see what the houses look like. Look like modular homes.

1659046509098.png

1659046554112.png

I wonder if this is where the executives lived/stayed while WDW was being built. I have read about a house that Roy would stay in, as well as Dick Nunis.

I recently read some ppl on the Reedy Creek “board” live there.
Not sure this info is perfectly correct but it is close. Yes, those that live there have certain requirements and chosen by "Disney".

Reedy Creek

I wonder if this is where the executives lived/stayed while WDW was being built. I have read about a house that Roy would stay in, as well as Dick Nunis.
One area -
https://www.wdwinfo.com/history/roy-o-disneys-home-away-from-home/

Another interesting story of a house by the air strip during construction
https://d23.com/king-of-the-world-what-it-was-like-to-live-at-walt-disney-world/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter