Residence Inn Sea World

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Can you walk to Sea World from the Residence Inn or is the Residence Inn Sea World part of the Marriott village? Is there anywhere around the hotel for just walking for exercise? Also, are they in walking distance to any grocery stores so we can cook in our room?

I love this property by the way, and it's my go to place to stay in Orlando if I'm not staying in a condo. I've stayed there at least six times.

It's not walking distance to SeaWorld. They do have shuttles. I've always had a car when I've stayed here. (Side note: Google maps says it's a 22 minute walk, so I guess you could walk. It will be more than that walking to the edge of this resort and then walking thru the SeaWorld parking lot, etc. too and with all the walking we'll already be doing in the parks I would actually drive or uber.

There is not a lot nearby to walk to. There is a CVS, a Bonefish Grill, and a seven 11 about a 9 to 10 minute walk away. I've done the walk to those before and that was pretty easy.

With the great buffet breakfast included and with good dinner food offerings (tastes good and priced reasonably for being a resort) at the bar that you can get and eat at common area tables or in your room, we've felt pretty self contained there on short trips.

It's a large resort and I usually request to be put close to the breakfast area, which puts me pretty close to the pool and hot tub area too. The pool and hot tub area are nice with a tropical feel. We love this place. It's my home away from home in Orlando when I'm not staying at one of the great timeshare condos in the area.

we just returned from here. Spent 4 nights. It's not within walking distance of any parks, although I did speak with one other guest who said she walked to Seaworld with no problem (but ended up near the education entrance? whatever that is). I would not return, and here's why:
it's an older property and seems a bit run down. The room decor is pretty dated, and our sofa was saggy and the pullout bed so concave it was unusable. It smells very musty in the hallways and our room was so musty, we had to open all the windows whenever we were in it. The hallways needed vacuuming and the elevators were dirty.
Breakfast lineups are huge and move very slowly. There are two sides to the line. You can't help yourself, someone is dishing it out for you. There was runny scrambled eggs, sausage, and toast or English muffins. Fruit and cereal. It gave my kids rumbly tummies.
The pool area was fine. On busy days, there are not enough chairs.
we had a burger one night at the restaurant by the pool. it was ok. There is not a lot to choose from.
Shuttles were OK. You have to book the night before, and they do not run continuously. There are a few in the morning, but no return shuttles back to the hotel until late afternoon/dinnertime. Just an FYI if you were thinking of taking a mid afternoon break at the hotel.
No restaurants within walking distance except Bonefish Grill. We walked to CVS and 7-11 for some drinks and snacks.
I wish we would have stayed elsewhere. The Doubletree and Hilton Grand Vacations were sold out for my dates. I should have looked into the Hampton, or Springhill or Fairfield inn instead.

we just returned from here. Spent 4 nights. It's not within walking distance of any parks, although I did speak with one other guest who said she walked to Seaworld with no problem (but ended up near the education entrance? whatever that is). I would not return, and here's why:
it's an older property and seems a bit run down. The room decor is pretty dated, and our sofa was saggy and the pullout bed so concave it was unusable. It smells very musty in the hallways and our room was so musty, we had to open all the windows whenever we were in it. The hallways needed vacuuming and the elevators were dirty.
Breakfast lineups are huge and move very slowly. There are two sides to the line. You can't help yourself, someone is dishing it out for you. There was runny scrambled eggs, sausage, and toast or English muffins. Fruit and cereal. It gave my kids rumbly tummies.
The pool area was fine. On busy days, there are not enough chairs.
we had a burger one night at the restaurant by the pool. it was ok. There is not a lot to choose from.
Shuttles were OK. You have to book the night before, and they do not run continuously. There are a few in the morning, but no return shuttles back to the hotel until late afternoon/dinnertime. Just an FYI if you were thinking of taking a mid afternoon break at the hotel.
No restaurants within walking distance except Bonefish Grill. We walked to CVS and 7-11 for some drinks and snacks.
I wish we would have stayed elsewhere. The Doubletree and Hilton Grand Vacations were sold out for my dates. I should have looked into the Hampton, or Springhill or Fairfield inn instead.
Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter