Residence Inn Marriott

catzle

DIS Veteran
We have booked this for the night before our cruise. Can anyone tell me anything about this? Do they offer a free shuttle to the ship in the morning? Also what is the best way to get there from MCO?

We have booked this for the night before our cruise. Can anyone tell me anything about this? Do they offer a free shuttle to the ship in the morning? Also what is the best way to get there from MCO?

This is a great hotel...new, clean, hot buffet breakfast in the am included in the rate. Though it does NOT have a free shuttle. There is small charge per person (I forget what it is off the top of my head).

All the rooms are suite rooms with full kitchens....you can get a 2 bedroom, a 1 bedroom or a studio room. The staff is wonderful. Nice pool too!

We have stayed there twice already and will be there again in two weeks for a pre night stay.

It is right on Astronaut Blvd. when you get into Cape Canaveral....it will be on your right side.

From MCO just take the Beachline Express (528) East toward Cape Canaveral and follow the signs. Very easy drive. 528 turns into Astronaut Blvd.

Here is a link that is helpful.

http://www.portcanaveral.com/directions.php

MJ

This is a great hotel...new, clean, hot buffet breakfast in the am included in the rate. Though it does NOT have a free shuttle. There is small charge per person (I forget what it is off the top of my head).

All the rooms are suite rooms with full kitchens....you can get a 2 bedroom, a 1 bedroom or a studio room. The staff is wonderful. Nice pool too!

We have stayed there twice already and will be there again in two weeks for a pre night stay.

It is right on Astronaut Blvd. when you get into Cape Canaveral....it will be on your right side.

From MCO just take the Beachline Express (528) East toward Cape Canaveral and follow the signs. Very easy drive. 528 turns into Astronaut Blvd.

Here is a link that is helpful.

http://www.portcanaveral.com/directions.php

MJ

Is there anyway of getting from MCO to the hotel without renting a car? What would be the most cost effective for a family of 5 or 6?

We stayed there last year and it worked out perfect. The shuttle is $6 per person roundtrip. It worked out great and they were very punctual. I believe we signed up for the shuttle when we checked in to the hotel.

As far as getting there from MCO ---last time we had a car to use. This time we are in the same boat as you. We don't know what to do yet. The nice thing is they do allow you to park your car for free at the hotel and sometimes it seems it is more cost effective to rent a car for the week versus the 2 one-day rentals. We've done that too but it is a pain. Rent the car at the airport. Drive to the port. Drop off and have them transport you to the port. When you return you have to get the shuttle back to the car rental and then rent the car to go back to the airport and then return it.

We are going in February and are not sure what we are doing yet--family of 6. We are sort of leaning towards taking Happy Limo from the airport (we arrive in the night before the cruise) and then possibly taking Disney transfers when we get off the ship on Saturday. For the convenience and less hassle then getting the rental car we are considering it.

Anyone want to share a large Happy Limo on February 19??? I thought that might be a good plan too. If a couple of families split it it wouldn't be as much.

Anyways...I'm still researching what we are going to do. But that resort is great! Have fun! Debi

We stayed there last year and it worked out perfect. The shuttle is $6 per person roundtrip. It worked out great and they were very punctual. I believe we signed up for the shuttle when we checked in to the hotel.

As far as getting there from MCO ---last time we had a car to use. This time we are in the same boat as you. We don't know what to do yet. The nice thing is they do allow you to park your car for free at the hotel and sometimes it seems it is more cost effective to rent a car for the week versus the 2 one-day rentals. We've done that too but it is a pain. Rent the car at the airport. Drive to the port. Drop off and have them transport you to the port. When you return you have to get the shuttle back to the car rental and then rent the car to go back to the airport and then return it.

We are going in February and are not sure what we are doing yet--family of 6. We are sort of leaning towards taking Happy Limo from the airport (we arrive in the night before the cruise) and then possibly taking Disney transfers when we get off the ship on Saturday. For the convenience and less hassle then getting the rental car we are considering it.

Anyone want to share a large Happy Limo on February 19??? I thought that might be a good plan too. If a couple of families split it it wouldn't be as much.

Anyways...I'm still researching what we are going to do. But that resort is great! Have fun! Debi

Let me know how it works out as I'm still a long way from my cruise... I'm just so excited about it I already started planning :goodvibes

Is there anyway of getting from MCO to the hotel without renting a car? What would be the most cost effective for a family of 5 or 6?

The only way to get to the hotel from MCO would be private transfers or renting a car. The most cost effective way is to rent a car. The hotel is about 45 minutes from the airport.

We rented a Grand Jeep for $78 one way. Figured we would turn it it the morning of and they would shuttle us to the port? We are going with Budget. Now we don't know what to do to get back to the Poly after we get off of the cruise. A car rental seems like a lot of work.

We rented a Grand Jeep for $78 one way. Figured we would turn it it the morning of and they would shuttle us to the port? We are going with Budget. Now we don't know what to do to get back to the Poly after we get off of the cruise. A car rental seems like a lot of work.

You could just do another one-way rental or your could take DCL transfers which would drop you right off at the front of the Poly...you could then take Magical Express back to the airport at the end of your resort stay.

But, that said....we are doing 3 nights at the Poly after our 4 day cruise in two weeks....we opted to rent a full sized car through Thrifty and will use the car at WDW and return it to Thrifty at MCO when we fly home. The price was $190 including all taxes, fees and drop off charge...was the cheapest I could find for the time we needed it for the 4 days we will have it. We wanted a car at WDW. We plan on hoping the shuttle at the port to Thrifty and then driving to Poly.

MJ

We are going on our first cruise in a few weeks and have booked at the Radisson Resort at the Port. They have free shuttle and parking during the cruise. Here is what we are paying and what it includes:

Rate Information and Room Summary

Subtotal: 144.00 USD Plus applicable Fees and Taxes *
Rate Type: Cruise Parking Package-Sleep N
Fri Jan 22 2010 - Sat Jan 23 2010 (1 Night)
2 Double Beds
Non Smoking
Guest Rm-Sleep Number Bed-Hi Speed Net
Fri Jan 22 2010 144.00 US Dollar (USD)

The following is a brief description of the rate features for your convenience:
Includes:
-Includes Free Hot Breakfast Buffet for Two
-Complimentary parking while on cruise - SAVES $60.00 ON 4 DAY CRUISE AND $105.00 ON 7 DAY CRUISE ON PARKING
-Complimentary shuttle available to and from the cruise ships
-MAKE SHUTTLE RESERVATIONS ANYTIME PRIOR TO ARRIVAL WITH HOTEL AT 321-784-0000

*The subtotal above is an estimate only and does not represent the full amount for your stay. Additional charges, taxes, and fees may apply. The actual total will be provided to you at check-out upon request.

*Any change in the reservation including number of guests, length of stay or dates may result in a change to the total.

I am pretty sure the rooms are not suites though, although you might be able to request one.

Kelli

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter