Reservations for 8 hard to get at Space 220 and Oga's?

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
I am trying for Space 220 Lounge at 160 + 4 and Oga's on 160+5 for 8 people (includes 2 - 2 year olds). The lounge will only be for drinks how do I split it - 3 adults 1 child (2) and 2 adults 2 children (2,4). Could I do 4 and 4 at Space 220? Do you think I can get a booth for 8 at Oga's? Or do I need to split 4 and 4 there also?

Is Oga's still that hard to get? Which should Igo with trying to get it first? Space or Oga's? Dilemma is Oga's is the most important for one half of the party (big Star Wars Fans) and Space is the most important for another half (never been to it and has been waiting patiently). With the small children a meal at Space 220 is basically out of the question - not sure if it will keep them occupied looking into Space and for consideration of the other diners, we will wait for meal when they are older.

Can’t speak for space (but I assume it will be hard), but Oga’s is really easy to get now.

I think the Space Lounge is the "hotter ticket" these days. For Oga's, keep in mind that most reservations are for standing space at the bar or at a bar height table, which is tough with little ones. I think I heard that they have a high chair/or kid-friendly stool available now if you ask. There are only a few booths. For both, don't despair if you don't get initially. Consider one of the dining reservation finder services (I like the free one from Touring Plans). I've also seen people report having luck "rope dropping" the Space Lounge (i.e. arriving a bit before open and putting your name in for walk-up). Good luck!

Try for Space 220 Lounge first and break up your party. I would try 4 + 4 first (it doesn't matter how it's split between children and adults). At 160+4, it's going to be very hard to get. Oga's will be easier, but you will probably still have to break up your party. As PP mentioned, there are few booths, so be prepared to stand. I don't know if it's possible for your group, but perhaps consider just making reservations for the people who really want to go into these spaces, particularly if you are only getting drinks. Especially Oga's - it's really loud and cramped - I, personally, don't find it very enjoyable.

Space Lounge is the hardest ticket. I was there all week, checking constantly and I could pick up most of the hard to get options with multiple times (Oga's no problem) but never Space 220. You'll likely need two reservations for 4 each and so that makes it even more difficult to get. Keep trying and keep expectations low.

Oga's shouldn't be a problem and I often see large groups in there having a good time ........... and standing. There are few booths, they sit strangers together so only partial booths open at a time. Odds are you will be sent to bar or standing bar table. Last trip we were sat in booth (first time ever) with 2 other parties. Cozy.

Having eaten in Space220 Lounge, I'm 99% sure you're going to have to go 4 and 4 for that. I don't recall seeing any 8-tops at all.

The lounge you cannot book more than 4 people at a table, so don’t waste time trying for that. You’ll have to break up your party into two groups of 4. That one is the hardest to get on property I think at the moment. You should have a second people looking so you can get both tables at the same time. Also put it on your last day

I know it’s been mentioned already, but the maximum reservation size at Space 220 Lounge is 4 people

So don’t try to do it for 8!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!