Reservation question for Palo Brunch/Tea

Ha! Similar situation for us on the same cruise. We have dinner night 4 (which I wanted) and had been hoping for brunch day 3, but got it for day 5 instead....because otherwise its going to be Palo dinner with souffle, go to sleep stuffed, then 14 hours later brunch at 10:30a ... that's a lot of rich food in for two meals in a row....

That is EXACTLY what we did in May. :goodvibes Good thing the commute is short. :)

- Dreams

We were also on the Dream July 1-5 and I have to say that Palo was pretty empty both meals we ate there. We booked Palo for dinner online as soon as our window opened up and were able to get the night and time we wanted (the second night of our cruise).

We weren't planning on doing brunch there, but I knew my IL's were interested, so I asked the hostess when we arrived for dinner about availability for brunch. She gave me 2 times and the number to call to reserve the table. As it turns out, we decided to do brunch too, and I called the next day (the day before our only day at sea) and had no problems scheduling our ressie. We ate at 10:30 and there were maybe 10 other people in all of Palo (which was good because I didn't have to fight anyone for the chocolate covered strawberries :lmao:).

We were also on the Dream July 1-5 and I have to say that Palo was pretty empty both meals we ate there. We booked Palo for dinner online as soon as our window opened up and were able to get the night and time we wanted (the second night of our cruise).

We weren't planning on doing brunch there, but I knew my IL's were interested, so I asked the hostess when we arrived for dinner about availability for brunch. She gave me 2 times and the number to call to reserve the table. As it turns out, we decided to do brunch too, and I called the next day (the day before our only day at sea) and had no problems scheduling our ressie. We ate at 10:30 and there were maybe 10 other people in all of Palo (which was good because I didn't have to fight anyone for the chocolate covered strawberries :lmao:).

I wonder if it's easier to get Palo reservations on the newer ships because there's Remy also. So Palo's not the ONLY adult dining experience like it is on the classic ships. On the classic ships, I would imagine that Palo is much fuller at both brunch and dinner simply because there's not another option. Although I'm not sure why there's not very many people for Palo brunch since Remy doesn't do brunch (right?! :confused:), but maybe it's because people are budgeting for Remy since it's SO much more expensive, and simply can't afford to do Remy dinner AND Palo brunch.

Either way, I think the reason the Dream isn't as full for Palo is because it has Remy, whereas the Magic and the Wonder don't. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter