resale price bumps

dwight16

DIS Veteran
i just got an email blast for a 100 point beach club contract for 83 a point it has some banked points. that is the highest i THINK i have seen since i have been involved in this since 2010. my Spot on the waiting list is almost worth something to someone looking for a contract.

what other gains or new highs have people seen?

I bought a 125 contract at VGC back in January, and we passed ROFR in late February at $90/point, with banked 2012 points plus all points going forward.

Within a couple of weeks, the rumors started about the price increases on direct, which in the case on VGC raised them from $130 to $165/point.

Resale contract prices followed suit and are now usually above $100 no matter how many points, and I've seen ones posted for sale at $120 and $115 pretty regularly. And they seem to sell really fast at those prices.

Wow! Just looking at the resales ...never saw so many "sale pending's" at one time than i see now.

Yeah it's pretty crazy I feel like this was a master plan from Disney to get ready for the GF sales. I am happy we all should be our contracts are worth more.

I just took a peak online today too, looking at AKV, and they are now asking over $70 per pt. and the others that are already sold were asking more around the $62-$68 range. One I saw for AKV was listed at $75 and had no current pts. 100 coming this Sept. and 100 next Sept. and it was pending!

I was suprised to see that today too AND the fact that so many are pending even at that rate!

I have been watching resale prices climb, since they mentioned the new prices for DVC. I also believe this is to get the higher price for the new DVC at the Grand Floridan?

Yeah it's pretty crazy I feel like this was a master plan from Disney to get ready for the GF sales. I am happy we all should be our contracts are worth more.

But still almost 50% less then direct pricing.

I just received an offer today for a 200 point SSR contract at $62 per point. I see numerous contracts in the $60's

When I made my exorbitant offer of 79/point for BWV (only 25 points) I thought it was crazy. Today, I saw small contracts for 83 and 85/point at BWV.

As long as Disney keeps buying them back, I suspect that buyers will temp fate to find out where the ceiling really is? :confused3

It seems like everything is going up like the stock market and housing prices.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a 50pt SSR at $130 ! I even checked back a couple of days later incase it was a typo. Why would you pay that for resale?

A couple of weeks ago I saw a 50pt SSR at $130 ! I even checked back a couple of days later incase it was a typo. Why would you pay that for resale?

That is an asking price, not necessarily what anyone will pay!

we offered $110 per point for GCV and were glad to do so as it is the right points in our UY. just hope we get through ROFR and don't have to pay $130 or worse $165.

As long as Disney keeps buying them back, I suspect that buyers will temp fate to find out where the ceiling really is? :confused3

Agree with this - especially after my full price offer (60.00PP for BWV) was "countered" by seller because they did not research the market a head of time. I walked away - long story but they re-listed for 70.00PP and actually got more then that and it was a very large contract. I still would rather spend 75.00PP then 130.00 especially on a older property - of course I still have not gotten to that threshold trying my luck with 200 points at 65.00PP fully loaded 2011 points and on which is more then I thought I would spend for BWV.

Minniesgal said:
That is an asking price, not necessarily what anyone will pay!

we offered $110 per point for GCV and were glad to do so as it is the right points in our UY. just hope we get through ROFR and don't have to pay $130 or worse $165.

And you might not get them at $130 or $165. I'm on the wait list and I understand it's pretty long.

i am comparing what i am going to pay on the waitlist to what it going on in the resale market. i think that unless your 100% clueless you got on the waitlist or have been buying up contracts. I picked up 30 WL for 102 last month direct and i am on the list for 30ish at BWV at 115. i am happy to see though prices are going up.

There is currently a contract on fidelity for a 100pt SSR at $160 per point. :confused3 There is no way they are selling that.

There is currently a contract on fidelity for a 100pt SSR at $160 per point. :confused3 There is no way they are selling that.

Wow. That's even more ridiculous than the one I saw. Surely the Broker is wasting everyones time by even advertising that. If they are asking $160 then I presume they are in debt but surely SSR has never cost that much and it would be hard to owe that even with financing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter