Resale member benefits question

CQuinn

Mouseketeer
So, we don't know if being in ROFR counts as "contract in" to be grandfathered in to the DVC benefits recently taken away from resale members, correct? We went into ROFR on 3/22 and passed 4/18. We got the whole "grandfathered in" letter our agent received from Disney. Obviously we are going through with our contract regardless. From what I've read here it's still unclear as to whether being on ROFR counts for that cutoff date. No updates on that yet, right?

From what I have seen, you should be fine. Any contract that was already in ROFR on the date the changes were announced (I believe April 4th???), were considered okay and the owners of the those contracts would still be eligible for Member perks.

From what I have seen, you should be fine. Any contract that was already in ROFR on the date the changes were announced (I believe April 4th???), were considered okay and the owners of the those contracts would still be eligible for Member perks.
Thanks that's what I am hoping for. I guess we will know more for sure once people that are in the same boat get their membership information. I'm still so excited to finally close! :yay:

We spoke to DVC member services and got it in writing that our contract, sent for ROFR prior to 4/4 but closed after 4/4 was grandfathered. That whole "received" thing made us nervous, too.

Does anyone know if this is going to limit the Gold Annual Pass option that is not available to the general public? We bought that before this came out and it was a big savings. I looked through the post but couldn't find the answer.

If it's the savings from the discounts you can buy Tables in Wonderland or an Annual Pass and you would still get most of the food savings and some of the shopping savings.

Does anyone know if this is going to limit the Gold Annual Pass option that is not available to the general public? We bought that before this came out and it was a big savings. I looked through the post but couldn't find the answer.

If it's the savings from the discounts you can buy Tables in Wonderland or an Annual Pass and you would still get most of the food savings and some of the shopping savings.
I don't think we'll actually know how all this is being applied until someone actually runs into a problem.

Some folks seem to think that new resale purchasers won't get any incidental benefits; that they won't be eligible for dining or resort discounts, that they won't be allowed to purchase discounted tickets, that they won't be allowed to participate in special member events, and that they won't be able to access the TOTWL.

On the other hand, I think the only real "benefit" resales are losing is the ability to pay for overpriced member events.

We'll have to wait and see how it all falls out.

Here is the list of membership extras that are excluded from resale purchasers who purchased after 4/4/16
The annual passes are listed on it.

Thanks that's what I am hoping for. I guess we will know more for sure once people that are in the same boat get their membership information. I'm still so excited to finally close! :yay:
That is what we are being told too, grandfathered because contract was in on 3/23. Yay

Our contract was signed back in March and we submitted for ROFR on 3/31. We passed ROFR on 4/21 and closed a couple weeks ago. I checked the register of deeds site and the recorded Waiver of First Right of Refusal states this one page 1:
"As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership
Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise
Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have
access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such
as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member
offers. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer
these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits.
"
I have asked for clarification on this since it seems to say we will NOT be grandfathered. I will let you know what I find out but it doesnt seem good to me.

Our contract was signed back in March and we submitted for ROFR on 3/31. We passed ROFR on 4/21 and closed a couple weeks ago. I checked the register of deeds site and the recorded Waiver of First Right of Refusal states this one page 1:
"As of March 21, 2011, you will not be able to use the vacation points associated with this Ownership
Interest to make reservations for the Concierge or Disney Collection options such as Disney Cruise
Line, Adventures by Disney, or select Disney resorts. Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have
access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits (also known as Membership Extras) such
as Member discounts on dining, shopping, Member-exclusive events, and certain special Member
offers. Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer
"
I have asked for clarification on this since it seems to say we will NOT be grandfathered. I will let you know what I find out but it doesnt seem good to me.
Since your purchase was submitted for ROFR prior to 4/4/2016, you should be grandfathered in and subject only to the 3/21/2011 resale restrictions.

I agree with you but nothing on the recorded docs state anything like that so I don't have the warm and fuzzy feeling. I will post back when I get an update.

"
I'm in the same boat as you. I contacted my broker about this new clause, he said I'm grandfathered in and Disney started adding this clause to all the waivers as standard procedure. I still feel uneasy about this new added clause.

See the post below. The resale purchase was submitted for ROFR on 3/29 and the OP received member cards for that resale purchase.

Received 2 new DVC membership cards today on resale contracts
That's great he got 2 new cards but he has been a member since 2015 and passed ROFR on 3/29, closed on 4/7. Did his ROFR wavier on 3/39 have the new added clause? Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have
"

Our only contract was purchased during the debacle (sent for ROFR 2.9, recorded w/ the OCC on 4.18 or 4.19. We rec'd membership cards a couple of weeks ago.

The whole "new resales wont' get member cards" seemed like a lot of conjecture with no basis in any sort of official statement. I wouldn't put much faith in that metric.

One thing that really makes we think less of Disney is their lack of official information on anything negative. My guess is that they want to implement the restriction but not receive the negative PR. New resale buyers will know for sure when the try to get their member ID and are told no.

:earsboy: Bill

Our only contract was purchased during the debacle (sent for ROFR 2.9, recorded w/ the OCC on 4.18 or 4.19. We rec'd membership cards a couple of weeks ago.
Did your ROFR waiver have the new clause on it? Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have
access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits

Did your ROFR waiver have the new clause on it? Further, as of April 4, 2016, you will not have
access to other Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits

We passed ROFR in March. I just looked it up on the OCC site and it doesn't have that clause - just the one about cruises and the concierge collection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter