Requirements to book ADRs?

TexasLu

Earning My Ears
If I am going to book ADRs for places inside the parks (Prime Time, Royal Table, etc.) do I need theme park tickets attached to my account? Or do I only need reservations at a Disney hotel?

Thanks in advance,
Lu

You don't need ticket media to book ADRs. And having a resort reservation allows you to book ADRs at 180 days before arrival. Just keep in mind that if you cancel your resort reservation it will NOT automatically cancel your ADRs. You will have to cancel those separately or be charged the $10/person no-show fee.

Last edited:
If I am going to book ADRs for places inside the parks (Prime Time, Royal Table, etc.) do I need theme park tickets attached to my account? Or do I only need reservations at a Disney hotel?

Thanks in advance,
Lu

You don't need either as ADRs can be made by anyone at 180 days. Having a resort reservation gives you an edge as it allows you to make them all at once (up to 10 days after your arrival day), but it's not required. If you don't have a resort reservation, you can still make ADRs at 180 days, but you will have to do it each day.

I thought I'd be able to make all of my dining ADRs today. We have a split stay with our first night only being a one night stay at POR, but it only allows me to make the day of arrival and the next day. Does anyone know why? I thought I'd be able to make the entire trip today.

I thought I'd be able to make all of my dining ADRs today. We have a split stay with our first night only being a one night stay at POR, but it only allows me to make the day of arrival and the next day. Does anyone know why? I thought I'd be able to make the entire trip today.

Because you have two separate reservations. Disney's computer system doesn't put the two together. The rules are 180 + length of stay up to 10 days, not simply 180 + 10. Your 180 days + length of stay for your first stay started today. Your reservation for your second 180 + length of stay begins tomorrow.

Tomorrow, you'll be able to book the rest of your stay, assuming that the second part of your split stay is onsite.

Last edited:
Split stays are recognized for FP+ booking, but not for ADR's.

That's great to know! I thought I would need to book our tickets and hotel 6 months out, but actually, I just need our hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!