Requesting room/location

DisneyDudet

Disney Music Addict!
We had our first DVC stay this December at OKW and it was great! We LOVED our location and room. I noticed that I would want to stay in a similar location next time, in March.

Is there any way of requesting a location? I know when we stayed at resorts with room-only reservations, we were able to give a request, and they've mostly been granted.

What is the process of doing a request? Do you email Member Services, or fax the resort?

TIA!!

You should either call or e-mail member services. DVC has asked that members not fax or call the resort.

Thanks! Is there a certain time frame to call/email? Is the earlier, the better?

Ideally you should do this at the time you make your reservation. That saves repeated phone calls. If you didn't do it then, just go ahead and call now (well, when MS is next open) and have it noted on your reservation.

At OKW it also depnds upon which specific location you want.

If you want bldgs 11 to 14 or bldgs 23 to 26, they are part of the "Near Hospitality" booking category, so you would need to specifically book that category and then request a room in the section where you wish to stay.

For the Miller's Road, Old Turtle Pond or South Point areas, make sure you do not have a reservation in the Near Hospitality category, and simply request the general area.

Also remember that OKW is scheduled to begin a full rehab in Spring 2010, so your desired building may not be available during your stay.

Thanks for all the help!

We are wanting either Buildings 55 or 54. It is near a very quiet area of the resort, plus a leisure pool, which will help me relax after the Princess Half Marathon. We noticed A LOT of areas where the buses are VERY close to a building, let alone rooms, and feel like that would not be quiet at all! I am looking at the resort map so that I can find more buildings that may be rather quiet.

We do not have a reservation near Hospitality House, so no need to worry about that!

The building with the most bus noise would be 20, 21, 51 and 52 as they are located right on the bus turn around areas.

I emailed MS, as it is Saturday, and it is nothing major, just a request. I gave a few buildings as an example, plus said not on a route. I'm ok not being near a bus stop. Its a nice walk, and, heck, I'm already running 13.1 miles! I think I can walk a little bit to my room!

Thanks for all your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter