Requesting nearby campsites in the new request system???

KristinU

DIS Veteran
So, my parents are joining us on the second day of our upcoming trip. We both have preferred sites booked, how do I go about requesting that we are near each other? In the way past I would have faxed, in the recent past I would have entered it in the special request section, but now I have no clue what to do. They arrive one day after us in case that makes any difference. No big deal if we can't be next to each other, but I thought it might be fun since we are usually in way different loops since they're big fans of the full hook up loops and we've been on pop-up or premium when meeting up, this will be the first time that we'll be on the same level of sites!

Can you add them as family and link reservations on MDE?

That's the thing, we are already family and I can see both reservations on MDE and so can my mom...I don't see any opportunity to link on MDE beyond having both reservations showing. I wonder if that's enough to have someone think "hm, I bet they want to be near one another"???

I started to call, but I din't have time to sit on hold and I figured you guys might know more than the phone CM anyway :rolleyes:

While I have never done it, I heard you have to link your reservations by having your reservation number noted on your parents Reservation and their reservation noted on yours.

Then I think it's much like requesting a loop. You need to express the desire and have it noted on the reservation(s). For that I hear it's best to call at about the 2 week (or 10 day) mark.

Like most other things with reservations, they will try but won't guarantee... Much depends on how crowded the fort will be during that time frame.

While I have never done it, I heard you have to link your reservations by having your reservation number noted on your parents Reservation and their reservation noted on yours.

Then I think it's much like requesting a loop. You need to express the desire and have it noted on the reservation(s). For that I hear it's best to call at about the 2 week (or 10 day) mark.

Like most other things with reservations, they will try but won't guarantee... Much depends on how crowded the fort will be during that time frame.

Cool, I'll give that a shot in a couple of weeks!

In the six years that we have travelled down to Disney with our daughter, husband and their family, we linked their reservation to ours, they linked ours to theirs. We have always had side by side sites, and have checked in about 10:00 in the morning. We also called and had them note on each reservation, linking internally in their system. This will work, I am sure.

We've never had problems with loop requests or "sites together" requests and do so for each trip. My understanding is the two week window to make requests no longer applies. That was for faxing requests. You can now make loop and sites together requests as soon as you make reservations. Last trip, I could add requests on my online reservation. We had 5 families traveling together for a June trip and were placed side by side and immediately across from each other. For my upcoming trip, there was no place to add requests. I had to call and cast member added requests for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter