Requesting a dining room server

Lesia

Mouseketeer
We cruised on the Dream December 2011, and are going again on the DVC member cruise in September 2013. We would love to request our same server for dining, he was such a fantastic guy.

How do we do that, can we do that?

Thanks.

We cruised on the Dream December 2011, and are going again on the DVC member cruise in September 2013. We would love to request our same server for dining, he was such a fantastic guy.

How do we do that, can we do that?

Thanks.

Yes, just call DCL (or your TA will do this) and have the request put on your reservation. A note of caution here, just have one request pertaining to the same thing. For example, don't request a specific server and specific dining rotation. It's possible that server may not be on that rotation. Or, don't request a specific server and specific asst server (team), as they may not be working as a team anymore, or even on the same ship. If there are conflicts (as in cases like this), DCL usually doesn't know which request is more important, and won't grant either.

I have done this serveral times with success. You should absolutely put the request through to DCL, but keep in mine requests are just that and they do not guarantee compliance. The next step is as soon as you get on board, go to whereever they are handling dining assignements. Aske them to check you assignment and see if you are in fact in that server's station and rotation. If not, in most cases they will be able to switch you. Like I said, I've done this several times, sometimes it was done before we got on board, sometimes it was changed only when we checked.

Have your TA call DCL and put in the request. Ignore the "this is only a request" speech. Then after boarding, go to "Dining changes" to see if you got the request and if you can be moved if it was not initially granted.

Sometimes there can be issues....on one cruise we found out that 18 people had requested our favorite server. (we got him, but the rest didn't!) On another, we met a great couple as we'd each requested the same person...but thru some sort of screw up, we didn't have her on the first night. It was worked out though and we had her the rest of the cruise.

When you call, will the DCL CM be able to tell you if your requested server is still onboard the ship you plan to sail on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter