Repositioning Cruisers would you do this

minnieandmickey

Queen of the run on sentence!
I was thinking of just packing enough for 4 or 5 days and doing laundry 2 or 3 times during the cruise. There is no way I am going to pack for 14 days. I know this seems early to worry about, but I am sure I am not the only one on these boards that has OCD when it comes to planning for vacations.:crazy:

You aren't the only one!! :hyper:

I'm thinking of packing for 7-8 days and doing laundry ONCE while onboard ... can you imagine all of us trying to do laundry 2-3 times while onboard!! We'd miss all the FUN stuff!! :earseek:

You might give some careful thought to how much you'll really need since you'll have 7 sea days. If your family is swimsuit by the pool folks, you might not need as many clothes.

On our recent Eastern cruise, I took enough for 8 days and did laundry once since we were doing WDW after the cruise. We were gone 12 days. Think mix and match. Black slacks go with multiple tops, etc. Besides, if you only wear something for 2 or 3 hours during dinner, I don't see any reason you can't hang it up and wear it again (unless you accidentally embelished the design on your shirt with your dinner).

Wish I was going to be on board with you to share the problem.

We won't be on the repo cruise, but if we were, I would bring enough for a week and send out the laundry to be done for me. The charge is pretty reasonable, and you don't have to stress about finding open machines in the laundry room or having people remove your clothes from the dryers.
Barb

Originally posted by ivanova

I'm thinking of packing for 7-8 days and doing laundry ONCE while onboard ...

Not a bad idea...I think I'll take the clothes on my back, a bathing suit, and a package of laundry tablets...I took so much stuff for May's month-long escapade that the memory of it alone is enough to make me swear off clothes for a year....

Well, I plan on doing laundry (or having it done), as it's going to be so hot, it'll NEED to be done. There's no way I'm bringing 14 days worth of clothing, PLUS gowns for formal evenings. So, there WILL be laundry done, one way or another.

Originally posted by inkkognito
We won't be on the repo cruise, but if we were, I would bring enough for a week and send out the laundry to be done for me. The charge is pretty reasonable, and you don't have to stress about finding open machines in the laundry room or having people remove your clothes from the dryers.
Barb

Great idea Barb, I know my DW will go for that!!!::yes::

I'm definitely going to send the clothes out to be washed by Disney except possibly underwear. I may do a load of that halfway myself just because I really don't want to send out underwear-- too personal I guess. I'd also rather Disney wash the clothes because they will be pressed and fresh when I get them back. I think that on the sea days (many of them!) we'll just be casual by the pool or about the ship in a coverup. I may pack several coverups that can double as casual dresses.

Originally posted by kpgclark
I'm definitely going to send the clothes out to be washed by Disney except possibly underwear. I may do a load of that halfway myself just because I really don't want to send out underwear-- too personal I guess. I'd also rather Disney wash the clothes because they will be pressed and fresh when I get them back. I think that on the sea days (many of them!) we'll just be casual by the pool or about the ship in a coverup. I may pack several coverups that can double as casual dresses.

You know I was just thinking the same thing about underwear! I think I will be doing the same thing as you. Although, last year DH did the laundry while I was in the room with 11 month old DD. So I guess I still had it done for me.

Reneé

Originally posted by inkkognito
people remove your clothes from the dryers.

How rude! You'd think if Disney really wanted everyone to have a magical time they would have someone watching the laundry room to prevent the neanderthals from pawing other people's clothing!

Just put a note on top of the drier:

Please fold and iron then return to Cabin XXXX.

Jubby doesn't have 14 days worth of clothes and I'm not washing his so we'll be sending out. My suitcase it big enough for me to pack 24 days worth of clothes (which is what I did when I went to Australia for a month). I'll porably pack 10 days woth of clothes and send mine out as well.

Yep, that is pretty much what we will be doing. I am not overpacking for this one...too many port to buy things in if need be. You can always pick up extra tshirts and such and wear them.

In support of the person who removed laundry from the dryer: On our last cruise, we were two doors down from the laundry room. I tried for three hours (off and on) to get a dryer -- but every time I went in there, the SAME clothes were sitting there, stopped -- and no one came to remove them. I finally got so frustrated, I took them back to the room and hung them all over on hangers to "air dry".

Finally, at about 10 p.m. that night, I saw them piled on the table. Someone finally got frustrated enough and took them out for the person.

Please, a simple request: If you are doing your laundry, please be considerate enough to keep an eye on the time and remove them when it stops. There are others who would also like to take their clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer! IMHO....

Originally posted by videogal1
memory of it alone is enough to make me swear off clothes for a year....

Oh, Lynda, PLEASE DON'T!!! ;-) I thought you were gonna be sitting at our table?!?!?

Kelli

Originally posted by invaderzim
Finally, at about 10 p.m. that night, I saw them piled on the table. Someone finally got frustrated enough and took them out for the person. IMHO....

I've had some wonderful encounters in the laundry room!! Our very first cruise, I'd put a load in the wash, I think......anyway, it tells you exctly how many minutes til it'll be done, so I noted the time and went back to our room. I told my hubby to remind me, as he'll get up from the best part of a movie to move laundry. I forget totally......

So, when I got back to the room, I got reeeeeallllllly sleeeeeeeepy......luckily, he went down to the laundry room and took care of the laundry, but as he was walking in with 2 minutes to spare, these 2 ladies were sitting on the bench talking about me, and he heard them say, "She seemed like a nice person." He told them, "And that's why she sent me." He deduced, correctly I'm sure, that if we hadn't been there in time, I'd no longer be a "nice person", and I'd better watch out in the hallways.....I still grin over that......

Then, this last trip, I needed to press a few wrinkles out of my dress and went to the laundry room just before dinner, something I NEVER do.....too scary.....anyway, there were 2 GUYS using the irons, and I just sat down. One turned and looked me up and down, and said, very haughtily, "And just WHERE is your husband?!?!?" I was confused, til I noticed BOTH men were pressing frilly shirts.....boy, did I tell Keith what a bum he was.....it was men's night at the laundry room!! ;-)

Originally posted by kellib36
Oh, Lynda, PLEASE DON'T!!! ;-) I thought you were gonna be sitting at our table?!?!?

Kelli
The table is safe...The cruise isn't for nearly a year....
Good timing, huh?

Originally posted by videogal1
The table is safe...The cruise isn't for nearly a year....
Good timing, huh?

whew! I can breathe again! :p

Within reason, I do not think it is rude at all to remove someone's clothes if they were sitting there too long.

I will echo how hard it is to get a washer/dryer onboard and I also have had to wait hours. If someone's clothes are still in the machine after about 15 minutes or so I think it is alright to remove them. I would not put them on the floor or anything, but I would lay them on a table and if the owner came in I would explain why I removed them.

Please keep an eye on the time....not coming back in time is being rude to others.

MJ

We have adjoining 9's, so I am planning on bringing a bottle of woolite to handwash the lighter weight air-dryable things like underwear and panties, then use one of the bathrooms as a drying room. Does anyone know how much it costs to send laundry out? I'd hate to pay by the piece for my 6 month old's little bitty cotton t shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter