Report on Pixar Play Zone at Contemporary 5-12-18

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Surgie2, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Surgie2

Surgie2 DIS Veteran

I know it's only opened recently but has anyone taken their kids to the Pixar Play Zone? Looks fun for a couple hours while grown-ups have dinner at California Grill.

Childs1stTime2Disney likes this.
  2. StaceyWI

StaceyWI Earning My Ears

I am hoping to hear reviews on this too. We currently have a reservation for our 4 and 6 year old at Lilo's and are considering switching to the Pixar Play Zone.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. bffdisney

bffdisney Mouseketeer

Didn't all the other kids clubs close?

5. StaceyWI

StaceyWI Earning My Ears

Sandcastle, Lilo's, and Simba's close on August 1.

bffdisney likes this.
  6. Surgie2

Surgie2 DIS Veteran

We are wondering the same thing. We also have Lilo's reserved for our grandkids 4 and 5. Lilo's is more convenient since we are at Poly but kids love Buzz. We are only using it for 2-3 hours, not the whole evening so it's ok with us that Pixar isn't open as late as Lilo's.

7. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

8. xoSonya

xoSonya First Disney Trip Ever May 2018!

I want to reserve this, too, for my kids but I would love to read some real reviews first.

Surgie2 likes this.
  9. AColeman

AColeman Mouseketeer

I've booked this for our trip the beginning of June. Hubby and I are doing the Highway in the Sky Dine around thing, so this worked out perfectly for us. I'm kind of jealous that my kids get to party with the Incredibles. Haha

sponica and xoSonya like this.
  10. Tall Todd

Tall Todd Mouseketeer

Any word on an AP Discount for Pixar? I see Lilo has 15% off for AP holders.

11. pangyal

pangyal #TeamSven

I asked about a DVC or AP discount a few days ago and was told no.

Tall Todd likes this.
  12. Dave006

Dave006 DIS Veteran

Just to clarify the last day that these 3 Children Activity centers can be utilized is July 31.

Dave

13. Childs1stTime2Disney

Childs1stTime2Disney WDW - till we meet again....

What?? All other kids clubs are closing? Why? What is going in their place?

14. Surgie2

Surgie2 DIS Veteran

15. Jimmy Mouse

Jimmy Mouse My other car is the Monorail

We are staying at the Contemporary Atrium Club and have a reservation for Pixar's Play Place booked for our 2 girls in September while we have dinner at California Grill. Hope it will be fun for them!

Childs1stTime2Disney likes this.
  16. rchampagne

rchampagne Mouseketeer

I'm still trying to find any reviews of it. I think my 9-year-old would enjoy it, but I'm not sure if my 12-year-old would feel too old.

17. Surgie2

Surgie2 DIS Veteran

Our grandkidkids...younger than your kids...have a reservation the second week of May. I'll report our experience back here.

suprgrlx, MiracleCream and rchampagne like this.
  18. LB002

LB002 Earning My Ears

I'm also interested in any reviews. My kids LOVED the kids clubs in January and I am bummed they are closing. We have them booked for Pixar Play Zone in October while we have dinner at California Grill. At 8 and 5, I tbink they will be a good age for the program.

19. Shermonica Simon

Shermonica Simon Earning My Ears

The event is 6-10:30 but registration starts at 5. Does that mean you can leave the kids starting at 5? For anyone that goes, please report first hand the earliest you can drop off the kids. I am also interested in knowing if photopass photographers will be there. I am looking forward to reviews.

hereforthechurros likes this.
  20. xoSonya

xoSonya First Disney Trip Ever May 2018!

I have gone ahead and booked this for later in May and I will leave a review.
    Hopefully, someone will be able to leave a review sooner.

The CM told me that you can drop kids off as early as 5pm, but the festivities don't kick off until 6pm.

I did have to pay in full at the time of booking. For my two children, it came out to $138 and some change.

Also- characters will be there, however, the characters that are onsite on any particular evening are subject to change.

Pizza, chicken nuggets, burgers, fries and some healthy options will be available to the children, but meal time is served at a specific time (maybe 6:45, I think).

As I mentioned, I will give a detailed report later this month. Hope this helps.

21. hereforthechurros

hereforthechurros Mouseketeer

Debating between this and Lilo’s Playhouse for our son while we do dinner. We are staying at Poly but dining at Contemporary so either location works. On one hand Lilo’s is closing so this will be our last time to utilize it... but on the other hand Pixar Play zone looks more his speed. Decisions decisions.

Rand0mTh0ughts likes this.