Report - Jay & Amanda’s not-so-secret Disney Fairy Tale Wedding Vow Renewal 18 Feb 12

I've already planned my 2019 VR in my head.

Oh we were looking at venues the week after the ceremony :P We said we'd do an escape next and then a huge wishes one for like 20 years.......but our reception was so good I don't know how we'd top it!

Oh we were looking at venues the week after the ceremony :P We said we'd do an escape next and then a huge wishes one for like 20 years.......but our reception was so good I don't know how we'd top it!

If funds are available we'll do Escape again at Sunset Pointe like we planned in the first place. If not Memories on the beach same as you had.

Your ceremony was so beautiful and the reception looked so magical. I love that picture from ToT, how much fun! I'm so happy for you and Amanda. Congratulations!!!

I followed along on your planning journal but didn't post. Your pictures from your wedding are so lovely. Your daughter is goregous and the picture of her and your wife with their heads together was so precious. Your bride was so beautiful and looked so happy, you did a fantastic job :goodvibes.

Your video was wonderful and touching, you are such a beautiful family, thank you so much for sharing with us.

WOW! that was amazing!

Your video brought tears to my eyes.
You really did have a perfect day. Kudos to you Mr. Romance and all your plans!!!! You did good!

My daughter had a beautiful Disney wedding 4 years ago on Feb. 22.
We also had the pleasure of Randy and Rev. Tim on her special day.

They both were great.

Randy, Well there are no words for Randy he is an unbelievable photographer.

We renewed our Vows for our 25th Anniversary onboard the Magic in January of this year and how I wish I could have had him with us for pictures.
But it wasn't possible or in my budget to bring him along. LOL
The ship's photographer did an OK job, but looking at your shots, I know Randy would have knocked it out of the park!!!

Congratulations to you both!!!

Congratulations to you both!
Your photos are gorgeous and the day was beautiful!
I love your cufflinks Jay!
Congratulations again!

I am so so happy for you both! Everything looks absolutely stunning and you both looked fantastic!! :hug:

What a great video, it really tells the whole story and makes me feel like I was there. It looks like you all had an amazingly magical day! How funny that you are already talking about more VRs, I've wondered if I'll be doing the same for our 10 year...probably!

What a great video, it really tells the whole story and makes me feel like I was there. It looks like you all had an amazingly magical day! How funny that you are already talking about more VRs, I've wondered if I'll be doing the same for our 10 year...probably!

Thanks Jillian! I think the thing is, people spend so much money on weddings and sadly a lot end in divorce :(

So our thought is why not have a big celebration that we're still going strong? In my opinion if you're been married 5, 10 years you've beat the statistical odds so you deserve a big party to celebrate!

That and it was just awesome to be a princess for a day!

The TOT photo is priceless.

Love the blue light up tables.

Thank you Claire, the tables were a bit of a surprise, they looked fantastic when it got dark!

Your ceremony was so beautiful and the reception looked so magical. I love that picture from ToT, how much fun! I'm so happy for you and Amanda. Congratulations!!!

I don't know about ToT being fun, I think my face suggests otherwise :lmao: It was an incredible opportunity though and I don't think there are too many people who have a picture of themselves on ToT in their wedding dress!

I followed along on your planning journal but didn't post. Your pictures from your wedding are so lovely. Your daughter is goregous and the picture of her and your wife with their heads together was so precious. Your bride was so beautiful and looked so happy, you did a fantastic job :goodvibes.

Your video was wonderful and touching, you are such a beautiful family, thank you so much for sharing with us.

Thank you for following along! I follow a lot of people's journals and don't post anything, but I'm very flattered that you've been watching our big day unfold!

A career change to wedding planning has been suggested! LOL

WOW! that was amazing!

Your video brought tears to my eyes.
You really did have a perfect day. Kudos to you Mr. Romance and all your plans!!!! You did good!

My daughter had a beautiful Disney wedding 4 years ago on Feb. 22.
We also had the pleasure of Randy and Rev. Tim on her special day.

They both were great.

Randy, Well there are no words for Randy he is an unbelievable photographer.

We renewed our Vows for our 25th Anniversary onboard the Magic in January of this year and how I wish I could have had him with us for pictures.
But it wasn't possible or in my budget to bring him along. LOL
The ship's photographer did an OK job, but looking at your shots, I know Randy would have knocked it out of the park!!!

Congratulations to you both!!!

I'd love to have a VR on the cruiseline but boats and I are not friends! LOL I like the idea of a cruise, but I know I'd feel really "trapped" like I do in a plane. I am not a comfortable traveller at all and I can usually contain my hysterics for the 8/9 hour flight, but a cruise would probably result in me freaking out!!

Congratulations to you both!
Your photos are gorgeous and the day was beautiful!
I love your cufflinks Jay!
Congratulations again!

The cufflinks were the second most talked about thing (after Amanda's dress!) they were from Arribas Bros. I ordered them online, but you can pick them up at their store in DTD.

I am so so happy for you both! Everything looks absolutely stunning and you both looked fantastic!! :hug:

Thank you!! It was a fantastic day, I'm very proud of myself for making most of the decisions without messing up too bad!! :rotfl2:

I'm working on getting the video taken of the ceremony edited, but the problem was it was quite windy and on the beach so the background noise drowns out most of what was said! :lmao:

Thank you all for your help, comments and support!

Thanks Jillian! I think the thing is, people spend so much money on weddings and sadly a lot end in divorce :(

So our thought is why not have a big celebration that we're still going strong? In my opinion if you're been married 5, 10 years you've beat the statistical odds so you deserve a big party to celebrate!

That and it was just awesome to be a princess for a day!
I agree! I'm looking forward to our 5 yr VR in 2 more weeks :) You just gave me the perfect reason to plan a 10 yr VR too.

I'm glad it all went so well, and I love the photos. You planned a wonderful day and, despite a few hiccups, it all went well. From the looks of the photos, everyone seems to be having a great time, and there were quite a few magic moments.

I just wanted to share this because I know a lot of you lovely Disney Brides and Grooms have or intend to use Heather & Jay at It's Tasty Too for your cakes like we did.

They are currently going for a business grant of $250,000 and they need votes.
In the interests of not breaching any rules about posting links etc on the forum, you can find more details on how you can give them your vote on their facebook page.

They did a fantastic job on our cake and I know a lot of you guys have been delighted with their work, so it's a way we can all show our appreciation and give something back!

:thumbsup2

Just wanted to tell you what a great story your whole process was. You really put together a great day that truly shows the love for your family. Your pictures are great and what a nice video you put together. I am happy for you all and hope you'll post everything again when you do your VR!! Again, Congrats!!!

Hi! I'm very interested in a Fantasmic dessert party - but your links are broken! :( Any chance of getting them back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!