Reply to Customer Service email RE: Visa promo deal

Fantasmic303

DIS Veteran
After all the hoopla with the Visa promo deal only being offered to specific new cardholders, I emailed customer service from Bank One to tell them how disappointed I was and to express my "sincere hope" that they intended to open the offer (or a similar one) up to a wider population. Mind you, it was a well thought out and polite letter, simply stating that, as a cardholder since Day 1, I have been excluded from atleast three promotional deals offered to "new applicants". I also let them know that there is a large number of people who are equally as displeased and considering cancelling their accounts. This is the response I got:

February 19, 2004

Dear ME:

As your credit card company, we value your business. It is important to us that we provide you with timely information regarding your account.

As your credit card company, we value your business. It is important to us that you are completely satisfied with your account. We appreciate this opportunity to respond to your questions regarding our marketing offers.

We are pleased to provide a variety of marketing offers to our cardmembers. Offers may be extended to some cardmembers and not others for a variety of reasons. The reasons may include but are not limited to the following:

* Certain offers may be extended to a selected group of cardmembers based on the group's purchasing habits.
*Offers may be extended to a randomly selected group to test the popularity of a program before we extend the offer to all of our cardmembers.
* Other offers may be specific to certain types of credit card accounts, such as accounts earning rewards, points, rebates, etc.

We regret that we cannot provide every available offer to
all of our cardmembers. However, we hope that you will continue to watch your mail for future offers.

If you have additional questions, please contact us through
e-mail or call us at the toll-free number noted below. For faster service, please sign in to your account to send us a secured e-mail. We will be happy to assist you. For your convenience, we are available 24 hours a day to serve your credit card needs.

Sincerely,

Lynette Edmondson
Cardmember Service Internet Support

1-800-436-7939

So should I compose a response to this? Or wait and see if they deliver any magic to my mailbox?

Write snail mail to someone higher up - and tell them you don't respond well to canned responses.

LoL - after I cut and pasted it, I realized the same thing. I mean, the EXACT sentences are repeated, verbatim. It's as if they just checked off "All apply" to a little mail merge response system.

Um, yeah. You've certainly made me feel better about Bank One's interest in keeping and satisfying loyal customers, Ms. Edmondson. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!