Renting points for first time

awatt

<font color=CC66CC>My pontoon boat is like a float
We have a surplus of points for our 9/07 use year, and I'd like to rent/transfer the points and go on DCL paying cash. Have never rented our points before.

Can someone direct me to a thread with general info on how to rent points? I have a few questions, and don't want to ask what may already be answered elsewhere. I am particularly concerned regarding the new rule that you can only rent once/year and it seems therefore you can only rent to whole batch to one person. But I see on the rent/trade board that people rent to multiple people. So I'm confused.

Thanks.

We have a surplus of points for our 9/07 use year, and I'd like to rent/transfer the points and go on DCL paying cash. Have never rented our points before.

Can someone direct me to a thread with general info on how to rent points? I have a few questions, and don't want to ask what may already be answered elsewhere. I am particularly concerned regarding the new rule that you can only rent once/year and it seems therefore you can only rent to whole batch to one person. But I see on the rent/trade board that people rent to multiple people. So I'm confused.

Thanks.

First, try the rent/trade board right here.....:goodvibes Also, I believe there is a DVC rent yahoo chat room. Check that out, and good luck! :)

I thought th erent/trade board as not a discussion board? Just for listing rentals/trade? I'm not ready to rent yet, trying to get the facts/rules straight before I do.

I thought th erent/trade board as not a discussion board? Just for listing rentals/trade? I'm not ready to rent yet, trying to get the facts/rules straight before I do.

They have "sticky" threads with FAQ's that might answer your questions. These are listed at the top of the page.

Sounds like you may be confusing transferring points with renting a reservation.

You are only allowed to transfer points once per use year. You may either transfer out of your account or accept a transfer into your account once per use year.

If you do a search on "renting", you will find many threads that discuss the process.

There is no limit to the number of reservations you may make (except the number of points you have available). You may rent any number of reservations to other people.

Thanks Carol, that helped, as did a search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter