Renting DVC and Daily HOusekeeping ???

donaldlovesdaisy

DIS Veteran
So we are really considering renting DVC points for our next trip. We had gotten so use to the military room discount and now that seems to be going away it looks as though we can get a studio at OKW for less than staying at a moderate for 10 nights. The only thing that is turning us off is the fact that we would not receive daily housekeeping. So I guess my question is can you pay for daily maid service and if so anyone have any idea of the daily fee? TIA

This is from the FAQ section of David's Vacation Club Rental site.

Can I get daily housekeeping?
Trash and Towel service is included in all stays of more than four days. If your stay is for less than eight nights, you will receive Trash & Towel service on day four. If your stay is for eight nights or longer, you will receive a full cleaning service on day four, and Trash & Towel service on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day twelve. Day one is check-in day. Daily housekeeping can be arranged and paid for at time of check-in. The following rates are subject to change:

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio - $30.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 for each day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio - $15.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 for each day requested

We have never rented points, but have looked into it. That is how I came across the above. I hope this helps.

We spent such little time in the room and got extra towels, so the 4 days wasn't very difficult.

We are renting DVC points next year. This was a thought for us, but I realized that we were getting such a great deal that we could live with it.

I will probably take advantage of the additional towel package that cost $6.

Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

We just returned from our first stay on rented points and I was a little concerned about this too. I ended up worrying for no reason; we actually liked that mousekeeping didn't come every day. We checked in on a Thursday and had a full cleaning on Sunday and then got new towels on Wednesday. I thought I'd pay for the additional towel and trash service but didn't need to.

Btw, pool towels are available at the pool. So you don't have to use your room towels for that. That can make it easier to get to day 4.

We just bought into DVC and I was unaware of the 4 day rule for members. I just told my DW and she said that she knew and we had in fact talked about it. lol I think I will like this better anyway as mouse keeping will be in the room less.

We are renting DVC points next year. This was a thought for us, but I realized that we were getting such a great deal that we could live with it.

I will probably take advantage of the additional towel package that cost $6.

Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

I didn't know about the towel package. I just asked the lady in the hall and she gave me a bunch. :confused3

Btw, pool towels are available at the pool. So you don't have to use your room towels for that. That can make it easier to get to day 4.

DVC has already asked us not to do that because pool towels cost more to launder. That just raises our annual fees. Just purchase the extra towel pack or bring extras from home if you need more.

I didn't know about the towel package. I just asked the lady in the hall and she gave me a bunch. :confused3

Which is just another way that our dues go up. Please pay for any extras you need or bring them from home. DVC members don't get anything for free. We pay for it all ultimately.

Deb & Bill said:
DVC has already asked us not to do that because pool towels cost more to launder. That just raises our annual fees. Just purchase the extra towel pack or bring extras from home if you need more.

So your not supposed to use pool towels at the pool?

So your not supposed to use pool towels at the pool?

You can use them at the pool. There have been suggestions in the past that members take towels from the pool to use in the room. I don't think the poster above suggested that, they just said that you don't have to take room towels to the pool.

I think they meant you use them at the pools, not in the room. At least that is the way that I read it. I think there is some confusion on which towels are used where.

Which is just another way that our dues go up. Please pay for any extras you need or bring them from home. DVC members don't get anything for free. We pay for it all ultimately.

I truly did not know, I rented points from someone and they didn't tell me. How was I suppose to know??? Don't recall seeing anything in the room about it?? It may have been there, but I didn't see it.

magrudersmakes3 said:
I think they meant you use them at the pools, not in the room. At least that is the way that I read it.

Yes, I meant room towels = use in room. Pool towels = use at pool. You don't need to dirty room towels by using them at the pool.

I am NOT suggesting that anyone take pool towels back to their room for room use.

So the towel package is 6 per day and they come to your room to switch out or do you have to bring them up to the front? That may be a solution to our problem. :thumbsup2 I can always make the beds before we leave in the morning.

So the towel package is 6 per day and they come to your room to switch out or do you have to bring them up to the front? That may be a solution to our problem. :thumbsup2 I can always make the beds before we leave in the morning.

You get them when they come for trash and towel service. When you arrive, you call Housekeeping and ask for a towel pack to be added to your bill. You need to renew the purchase with each trash and towel or full housekeeping service. The towel pack is only good for four days. You don't order it daily.

If you want daily towel service, you get trash and towel service each day. And the price for that is determined by the size of the villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!