renting boats at POR?

tiggerman

disney dork
can someone tell me if half an hour rental is enough time to go to DTD and back or should I rent for the whole hour? Also, are the canopy boats Boston whalers or something different?

We rent the canopy boats at DTD and go up to PO. There is also a branch off the river we explore. Usually takes us and hour. I would think the half hour might do it for you but it would be close.They have maps with aprox times in the boats.

Do you remember about how much renting the canopy boats cost?

Thanks!

1st DISNEY Trip - POR! :cheer2:

We rented both canopy boats and pontoons in the last few visits and they were somewhere in the neighborhood of $35-40 for 30 minutes. We were a bit late getting back once with a canopy at POR, so decided to stay out an hour and they still only charged us for a half hour. You can go to DTD and back in half an hour. We went over on time because we went to OKW too, and sat and drifted a bit.
There is also a package deal or two if you think you will be renting quite a bit. We will probably do that next time as we really enjoyed it.

Can it be done in 1/2 hour? I think it can, but I also think you are cutting it close. I don't think it would be as enjoyable if you're feeling "rushed" to get back.
There are the "regular" boats taking the POR and POFQ visitors back and forth so with the bit of traffic in the same waterway we've found that hour rentals are better.
Have a MAGICAL time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter