Renting bikes at WL/FW?

E

eeyoresmom

Are other long bike paths between or just at one of these resorts? DH was talking about renting bikes next trip but seeing we are staying at BW it would get pretty boring going around that circle. Thinking if there are bike trails we could spend a few hours at WL/FW and get lunch there.

Does anyone know how long it is? Or is it a loop? Enough to keep 2 adults interested for a few hours?

Well, we walked the gravel nature trail between WL & FW, so it's not that far but there are lots of roads around FW to bike around. We did the Segway tour around FW, and didn't see half of it probably. And there's the barns where they keep the big horses, and the Ponies, a petting area, etc

if you are a dvc member you get a discount off bikes at wl/vwl - but not at fw (I think) - get a map!

The bike trail from WL to FW I mentioned is different than the nature trail. I was referring to a paved walkway/road. Its not a loop. Its starts as a walkway at WL bike rental. The are signs, or at least there used to be signs. The path goes past the WL bus stop; if you look at WL with google maps, the bike trail parallels W Wilderness Road which connects WL and FW. Most of the roads in FW have a bike trail next to them. When we rent bikes from WL its usually for an hour and that isn't hardly enough time to fully explore FW and get back to WL. Look at google maps and you'll see all the trails. Definitely enough to keep 2 adults interested for a few hours!

DVC members can get a 10% discount on bike rentals at any resort that has rentals. I don't think there are any exclusions, same for most boat rentals. :)

Does anyone know how long it is? Or is it a loop? Enough to keep 2 adults interested for a few hours?
I've run that paved path dozens of times and can tell you it's right at a mile one way. That distance alone is not enough to keep you interested, but as another poster mentioned, once you get to FW, there are numerous roads, loops, and streets that you can cruise around. There are bike/walking paths scattered throughout FW, but the roads aren't so terribly busy that you couldn't use them, as well. You'll likely see numerous bikes in that area. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter