Renting a minivan-do most have built in booster seats?

Melct

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are renting a minivan for our next trip. I thought I remember seeing commercials for some minivans that had built in child booster seats. Does anyone know if this is standard for most minivans? We are renting from Alamo and we should be getting a Dodge Caravan or something similar. I checked the Dodge website but couldn't find anything on booster seats.

Thanks!
Melissa

Long time ago our Chevy venture has a built in car seat but I am not familiar with any current makes/models that offer that feature.

Hi, we are renting a minivan for our next trip. I thought I remember seeing commercials for some minivans that had built in child booster seats. Does anyone know if this is standard for most minivans? We are renting from Alamo and we should be getting a Dodge Caravan or something similar. I checked the Dodge website but couldn't find anything on booster seats.

Thanks!
Melissa
I wouldn't count on it. Even if the rental place stocks the minivan with that feature, that doesn't mean that model will be available when you arrive. If you need booster seats, bring them with you.

We've never had any with booster seats built in. When our twins were 5 and we went and wanted booster seats- we did let them in the rental van without boosters from MCO to Walmart and bought two then we just left them in the rental van at the end of the trip. For us it was worth the $20 spent to not have to haul them from home........and far cheaper than renting from car rental agency. At that time in Florida booster seats were not law for that age but I was not comfortable without them.........not sure what Florida laws are now.

We've rented mini vans several times and never had built in booster seats. We just bring ours with us. I pack them in large duffles, and put a couple sweatshirts around them for protection. Just tell the agent at the check in desk that the bag has a car seat in it.

Years ago when mini vans had them, my sister rented one and we tried to take my dd who was less than 2 yo on a trip somewhere. Well, we didn't even get down the street before we turned around and got her carseat. She cried the whole time she was in the built in seat. They didn't look comfortable.

I doubt they make them anymore, but not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter